Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 03:57   #11026
BHPian

Seems to be a decent deal. Same car goes for 3.2 to 3.5 here in Delhi. So 4 lacs shoul be decent for BLR. Also what I have observed is that Honda City has very high resale compared to other cars in the segment and if the car is neat it doesn't stay in the market for a very long time.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:03   #11027
BHPian

I need to sell my father's car.
City- Noida (UP16)
Make - Tata
Model - Indigo DICOR LX (the highest end)
Year - 2007
Colour - Silver
Kms - 34,000
No accidents, new battery and tyres.

What is the price one should expect for this?

True Value is offering 95,000/- for it.
Old 8th January 2016, 10:22   #11028
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I need to sell my father's car.
City- Noida (UP16)
Make - Tata
Model - Indigo DICOR LX (the highest end)
Year - 2007
Colour - Silver
Kms - 34,000
No accidents, new battery and tyres.

True Value is offering 95,000/- for it.
True Value is obviously not offering the true value of your car to you, per se. Agreed that Tata cars usually fetch a low resale value, but there are genuine buyers who love the spaciousness and robustness (read abuse firendly) nature of Tata cars and are ready to pay a good price. Just to give you an idea, I sold my July 2004 Indica DLX in Jan 2015 i.e. after 10.5 years and 1.51 lakh kms and it fetched me 1.15 lakh, I could have easily got 1.25 lakh, but since it was sold to one of my relatives I as quite happy with the deal. Your car has seen very little running on the odo in the last 8-9 years of its existence and could easily fetch you upwards of 1.4 lakh rupees. I would suggest check the valuation on carwale or TBHP and accordingly quote a price on OLX. I am sure your would be swarmed by buyers.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 13:06   #11029
BHPian

I understand what you're saying, which is why I was quite shocked at the valuation from TureValue.

The car essentially has not run much as my father is retired and the car has largely been used to pick up and drop the grandkids to school apart from his monthly socializing with his coursemates (Noida to Race Course) and the odd long distance to the airport and back if anyone is traveling.

The car is mechanically sound and the DICOR engine is unique. I also recently got the car cleared up in terms of getting the engine checked and the basics (like a seat cover, leather cover for the steering wheel, etc.) done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
True Value is obviously not offering the true value of your car to you, per se. Agreed that Tata cars usually fetch a low resale value, but there are genuine buyers who love the spaciousness and robustness (read abuse firendly) nature of Tata cars and are ready to pay a good price. Just to give you an idea, I sold my July 2004 Indica DLX in Jan 2015 i.e. after 10.5 years and 1.51 lakh kms and it fetched me 1.15 lakh, I could have easily got 1.25 lakh, but since it was sold to one of my relatives I as quite happy with the deal. Your car has seen very little running on the odo in the last 8-9 years of its existence and could easily fetch you upwards of 1.4 lakh rupees. I would suggest check the valuation on carwale or TBHP and accordingly quote a price on OLX. I am sure your would be swarmed by buyers.
Old 8th January 2016, 13:12   #11030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I understand what you're saying, which is why I was quite shocked at the valuation from TureValue.

The car essentially has not run much as my father is retired and the car has largely been used to pick up and drop the grandkids to school apart from his monthly socializing with his coursemates (Noida to Race Course) and the odd long distance to the airport and back if anyone is traveling.

The car is mechanically sound and the DICOR engine is unique. I also recently got the car cleared up in terms of getting the engine checked and the basics (like a seat cover, leather cover for the steering wheel, etc.) done.
Dont ever trust truevalue or other dealers. I am having a nano which is 3 months old and the year end offers tempted me to upgrade. Visited a true value dealer and they quoted an abysmal 1 lakh for my 3 month nano!!

Try to sell it via OLX or carwale. You should get a good deal.
Old 8th January 2016, 20:54   #11031
Senior - BHPian

Want to sell my Civic

City- Ahmedabad (GJ1)
Make - Honda
Model - Civic 1.8S
Year - 2007
Colour - White
Kms - 89000
Conditon - Fair
No accidents. Equipped with a CNG kit.

Dealers are offering anywhere between 2L - 2.25L/- for it.
Old 11th January 2016, 09:15   #11032

Hi Friends,

Greetings to all.

I am finalising a deal on a March 2014 make Rapid Elegance (bought by the original owner in October 2014) with 8340kms on the ODO from an IT executive who is relocating to US. The color of car is Black. The price I am paying is Rs.8.40 lakhs. I am dealing with the Owner directly. Is it an OK deal for me? The car was serviced in October 2015.

Your views will help.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that it is a Diesel 1.6 TDI.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th January 2016 at 11:35.
Old 11th January 2016, 10:17   #11033
BHPian

I'm looking to buy used Linea t-jet. I came across a sample recently. Following are the details.

- Linea t-jet Dynamic (Oceanic blue color)
- Manufactured in Jan 2014. Registered Apr 2014
- This is the old model (not the latest revamped one)
- On SBI loan
- Owner selling it as he is moving abroad

Points in favor:
1. One year two months warranty still remaining
2. Verified service history
3. Unclaimed valid insurance
4. Drives fine. Engine noise, suspensions, wheel alignment ok. Brakes work as expected.
5. 20k km genuine running

Points not in favor:
1. Some leakage is seen near turbo charger. Owner was unaware of it.
2. Rear bumper repainted at Fiat SS. One tail lamp replaced. Reason given was as damage while reversing.
3. Left rear door and area behind that repainted at a local shop. Very poor finish. Reason given was neighbors car door keeps hitting that area.
4. Some scratches on bonnet. Apparently some village kid scratch-signed his name on the bonnet.
5. Ill maintained interiors. Coffee/cold-drink spills on floor carpet, door panels and fabric seats. Empty plastic glasses lying around on the floor. Reason given was his young kid eating in the car.
6. Though it may not matter much, a couple of stickers Mobil 1 racing and 'BMW' pasted on the car.

Owner expecting 5.8L.

What do you think about this deal?

My plan was to get it at real low price (if owner agrees that is) and get the interior professionally cleaned, door/bonnet repainted again.

What is worrying is:
1. Leakage near turbo. Right now I'm totally clueless about its severity. Should I rely on the warranty for it? Refer to the attached image (image courtesy T-BHP thread). The area marked in red circles was covered in oil like liquid.
2. Owner didn't mention about the repaint-jobs upfront when asked about any accidents. Only after thorough inspection, I found it out. Now I'm skeptical that the owner might be hiding some other stuff which I haven't discovered yet.

Totally confused. Please suggest if this deal is worth at all and if it is, what should be the price.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-linea.png  

Old 11th January 2016, 18:16   #11034
Senior - BHPian

The owner is not upfront about scratches etc - and he is clearly a person who doesnt maintain the interiors of his car, isn't aware about engine issues, won't transparently tell you about paint jobs etc. Just walk away from the deal.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 18:46   #11035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Hi Friends,

Greetings to all.

I am finalising a deal on a March 2014 make Rapid Elegance (bought by the original owner in October 2014) with 8340kms on the ODO from an IT executive who is relocating to US. The color of car is Black. The price I am paying is Rs.8.40 lakhs. I am dealing with the Owner directly. Is it an OK deal for me? The car was serviced in October 2015.

Your views will help.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that it is a Diesel 1.6 TDI.
Hi - what is the current onroad price for the same model after all discounts ? Please note that the buyer would have got a good discount since he purchased a 6 month old car. So be clear on how much you bargain ( + the added image around VW cars recently ). I would ask for ATLEAST a 30-35% depreciation on the NET NEW CAR price. Are you getting that ? Needless to say, please do all other due diligence in terms of checking tyre condition, service history, any visible accidental work etc

Last edited by narayan : 11th January 2016 at 18:47.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 14:09   #11036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I'm looking to buy used Linea t-jet. I came across a sample recently. Following are the details...
A person who doesn't bother about the interiors wouldn't bother about anything else in the car. I say walk away - there can be issues that may crop after 2 months. If the turbo is screwed, you are looking at some FAT bills.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th January 2016 at 14:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 21:57   #11037
BHPian

How much would a 2008 325i with 22,000 on odo fetch in Bangalore? I am being offered one for 14.5? Is it a fair price?
Old 12th January 2016, 23:08   #11038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
How much would a 2008 325i with 22,000 on odo fetch in Bangalore? I am being offered one for 14.5? Is it a fair price?
Cannot comment on the price, but would you want to risk putting 14 large on an 8 year old beemer, irrespective of what the odo reads?
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 23:08   #11039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
It is way too much, i had almost bought one in Feb 2013, it was 2008 done only 8000 on odo, it even had new car feel to it and negotiated price was 14.5. You should offer him 8.5 for it.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 20:00   #11040
BHPian

I am planning to buy a used car. At present I am driving an i10 1.2, which will continue to be used for driving within the city. I want a bigger and stronger car for occasional pleasure trips. Can't afford a new one at this time and hence planning for a used one. I am looking for a pure fun to drive car which should also be reliable. My budget is about Rs 2 lakhs. Additional 50K for initial service expenses. The two cars that come to my mind are SX4 and old Fiesta, and it doesn't seem difficult to find a good one within my budget, in Delhi. But then I want opinions about these two cars and if any other cars can be included in my search list. Inputs solicited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks