Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 20:30   #6556
Team-BHP Support

Re: Preowned 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Sure thing Akshay,have asked for a formal quote on my email.But she clearly specified that I can opt for BSI ultimate and everything except tyres and wheel alignment will be covered for free.
Can you throw some light on BSI ultimate?Have you opted for the same?
Yes I have opted for it, and you do not have to pay for anything but tyres and wheel alignment and apparently also things like wiper blades. But I am skeptical about it because from what I know you can get BSI for 2 years only if you buy a car from the official used BMW lot, and not from anyone else. This just may be an employee making a mistake, so suggest you speak to someone higher up.
Old 29th January 2013, 20:54   #6557
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys - Need your opinion. I have got a mint condition Skoda Superb 1.8TSI with 11000K on the ODO, valid insurance being offered for Rs.13.25. The car is from July 2010, i.e. just 2.5 years old and practically new.

Is it a good price? The car is in Bangalore

Last edited by suneet_ag : 29th January 2013 at 20:56. Reason: Need to add information
Old 29th January 2013, 21:35   #6558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
This just may be an employee making a mistake, so suggest you speak to someone higher up.
I agree with Akshay, as per my knowledge too, BSI can only be bought before the first service of the car. I know this as I was planning to buy one with an odo reading of less than 5k and has clarified the same with Bird Automotive at Gurgaon.

Kedar - suggest you validate the same once again before so that there are no surprises.
cheers
Sid

Last edited by sidwadia : 29th January 2013 at 21:36. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 29th January 2013, 21:56   #6559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Guys - Need your opinion. I have got a mint condition Skoda Superb 1.8TSI with 11000K on the ODO, valid insurance being offered for Rs.13.25. The car is from July 2010, i.e. just 2.5 years old and practically new.

Is it a good price? The car is in Bangalore
Skoda Superb's depreciate pretty fast. Have seen a neighbour sell his 3 year old Superb, that too diesel for 10 lakhs (though this was in late 2010 - the vehicle was early 2007). This being a petrol, the depreciation should be more. But the 1.8TSI is one gem of a car, especially if you intent to keep it for long. Not too sure of the maintenance costs though.

I suggest haggle hard, see whether you can get it for 11.
Old 30th January 2013, 00:05   #6560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
For reference; am based in Kerala. Had a look at Mahindra First Choice's outlet in Cochin and there's a Civic on offer.

Model: Honda Civic 1.8V AT
Year: March, 2007
ODO: 55,000 kms
Color: Silver
No. of Owners: 2
Expected Price: 5,75,000
Over telephone, the dealer said the vehicle is accident free, no paint scratches and has entire service history.

Can BHPians help me out and say what price I should ask this for?
In Mumbai this car wouldn't fetch more than 4 to 4.5lakhs. You can use that as a reference point and bargain accordingly.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 02:09   #6561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
I agree with Akshay, as per my knowledge too, BSI can only be bought before the first service of the car. I know this as I was planning to buy one with an odo reading of less than 5k and has clarified the same with Bird Automotive at Gurgaon.

Kedar - suggest you validate the same once again before so that there are no surprises.
cheers
Sid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Sure thing Akshay,have asked for a formal quote on my email.But she clearly specified that I can opt for BSI ultimate and everything except tyres and wheel alignment will be covered for free.
Can you throw some light on BSI ultimate?Have you opted for the same?
As Akshay1234 and the others have said, I would suggest you get it all recorded over mail/formally from a person higher up in BMW India. I have this year's BSI pricelist with me and there is absolutely no option for BSI "Ultimate" beyond 5 years of a car's date of sale. The other BSI packages are not really worth it in my opinion.

Slightly OT but important for all current and potential BMW owners:
As I am not sure about how long i'm keeping my car, I was really worried about whether to buy BSI or not. But after doing the math I realised it makes much more sense to purchase BSI later if you have bought the car on a loan/short on money for now. I might not be purchasing BSI after both Bird and Deutsche Motoren confirmed with me that BSI can be be purchased anytime before 2 years after sale of vehicle (which is when warranty ends) at the prevailing market price of BSI. This basically means I can extend by warranty and cover the next 3 services in October 2014! Personally this seems like an amazing option to me because I am still currently paying off the loan on the car so would rather put in 20k for the first service and put the remaining 2 L into my OD-Advantage Loan account. However I do plan to get their stand on this recorded formally on a mail.

Last edited by saketa : 30th January 2013 at 02:12. Reason: Grammar
Old 30th January 2013, 11:48   #6562
BHPian

@kedar, that's quite a good deal you have got and as your heart is set on her go for it, as akshay suggests do double check on the BSI, pls do update us here soon as you receive a formal quote from BMW.

@suneet, the price offered to you seems just right, as i use the the same car and quite aware that they are and have been depreciating real fast, so 13.5 is a cracker of a price especially in Karnataka where the prices are usually higher, than other states. Do check if the car has a valid Skoda Shield..

Last edited by TRANSAM : 30th January 2013 at 11:51.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:56   #6563
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine is planning to sell his car

Model: Ford Fiesta Exi Duratec
Year: 2006
ODO: 100,000 kms
No. of Owners: 1
City: Hyderabad

The car is in excellent condition.

What is a reasonable price he can expect?

Last edited by bblost : 30th January 2013 at 15:58.
Old 30th January 2013, 16:49   #6564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Model: Ford Fiesta Exi Duratec
Year: 2006
ODO: 100,000 kms
No. of Owners: 1
City: Hyderabad
Exi 1.4 right? With individuals a price of Rs 1.75L can be expected. But with dealers dont look for more than 90K.
Old 30th January 2013, 17:11   #6565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Exi 1.4 right? With individuals a price of Rs 1.75L can be expected. But with dealers dont look for more than 90K.
Are you trying to suggest a price differential of 85K between the different categories of buyers?

IMO, in this information age, the dealer - individual pricing differential is fast loosing its significance. At best an individual would shell out a premium of 1 or 2% (the commission saved on putting it thru' a dealer channel) to salvage a good piece.

Since you say that the car is in excellent condition, my guesstimate would be between 1.75 to 2.00 L

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 30th January 2013 at 17:15.
Old 30th January 2013, 19:14   #6566
BHPian

Make & Model - Skoda Fabia
Engine - 1.4 petrol 85hp
Trim - Elegance
Year - 2008
Km run - 38000
1st owner

What can i expect for this model ?
Old 30th January 2013, 19:20   #6567
BHPian

2 L should be fine. If you really like the car not more than 2.25. This car will lose resale very fast.
Old 31st January 2013, 08:14   #6568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Are you trying to suggest a price differential of 85K between the different categories of buyers?

IMO, in this information age, the dealer - individual pricing differential is fast loosing its significance.
The % difference you mentioned are generally applicable for Honda, Maruti, Hyundai cars which command a premium in the used car market, a disadvantage for Ford cars which according to most car dealers are bought by enthusiast only. Hence the peanuts quote. Only an individual who knows about Ford cars buy them in used market.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:11   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

IMO, in this information age, the dealer - individual pricing differential is fast loosing its significance. At best an individual would shell out a premium of 1 or 2% (the commission saved on putting it thru' a dealer channel) to salvage a good piece.

Since you say that the car is in excellent condition, my guesstimate would be between 1.75 to 2.00 L
There is a big difference in dealer and individual prices.
For my 2008 Tata indigo CS prices between dealer quotes and my eventual sale to an individual was almost 60k.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:28   #6570
BHPian

@sabash, 11 would be a mouth watering price. will try but unlikely that he will let go at that

@transam, will check on the skoda shield

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks