Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 15:07   #2206
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

For the 2001 Pajero 3.2 with all the defects mentioned

Have the engine and ac issue repaired by the seller, interior can be taken care of by you and if the other more important issues are taken care of by the seller you could commit to around 8L, else if you have to take care of these issues the max you should go to is 6.5L.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:23   #2207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmale View Post
HI ,
I AM OFFERED A PAJERO EXCEED 3.2LTS , A 2001 IMPORT IN MUMBAI AT 10.50LACS,

ALSO IS THE PRICE OK ?
10.5L for the 2001 Pagero with the above said defects is way too much. Also, if it were me, I would stay away from a 10 year old premium segment car, and with these major engine/mechanical work pending, I would be miles away.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:12   #2208
BHPian

My dad is looking at the 2009 superb or Volkswagen Passat,diesel variants. TAFE says they don't have any used cars at all.(Or he was trying to convince us to buy a new one since we bought the octavia from them)
I'm not sure if my dad will push his budget to around 29lakhs for the new superb(he just might, I don't know) and the passat is no longer available in diesel. But even if there is 20-30%depriciation on a 30lakhs car=5-6lakhs discount for a year old car (and skoda is known to depreciate faster) which is a steal because i know of a friend who got the older laura which was 6months old-4500kms on d the odo for about 15lakhs. My question is, Can anyone suggest me a used car dealer in bangalore where i can find out about a used superb?
thanks in advance
Old 2nd September 2010, 01:22   #2209
BHPian

Guys what is a good price for a Ritz VXI - Nov, 2009 model - 3K Mileage ?

Owner is expecting around 4.5L - Is this the right price ?

The car has Pioneer Double Din player with Pioneer Speakers + Teflon Coated + Art leather seats ~ 27K

New Ritz VXI is priced @ 5L on road after discounts.

Guys this is urgent. Any fast reply within the next 1 day will be really helpful.
Old 2nd September 2010, 07:33   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post

The car has Pioneer Double Din player with Pioneer Speakers + Teflon Coated + Art leather seats ~ 27K

Guys this is urgent. Any fast reply within the next 1 day will be really helpful.
Is the owner crazy? depreciation of only 50K of a year old car?
Music systems and seats don't matter in the used car market, and does not have much price difference. These are only used to sell the car faster, not costlier.

The price is not good, you better pay 5L and buy a new one.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:51   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_raiser View Post
Hey guys,

I have the opportunity to buy my Uncle's 2006 H2 Corolla(HR26). The car is 43k old and we just put in a new set of tyres. The car is very well maintained and has all service records(in fact I have the originals with me since I took care of the maintenance). I have also driven it extensively and the only expense it requires is a round of professional interior cleaning.

The reason I am asking here is so that I give him a fair price since he has left the price decision to me. Carwale.com suggests 5.15 if the car is in excellent condition and it is!! Do you guys think its a fair price or should it be higher?

I don't want to short change him compared to if he was selling in the open market.

Thanks
5.15 for 06 Corolla is a very good price.

Firstly, its a toyota and there aren't many well maintained 4 year old corollas up for sale.

Secondly, the car's history is totally known to you having been in charge of the maintenance of the car.

Thirdly, new tyres added must mean that a cost of around 20-25k has already been bourne by your uncle.Therefore, the same is included in the 5.15l that you're planning to pay.

All in all, the deal is a really good one at 5.15.I would'nt mind plonking in another 25k extra considering the peace of mind associated with a car whose history is known to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post

Dont bother going a paisa above 4.3 lakhs.Its a 10 month old Ritz.A ritz should depreciate at around 20% in the first year.The accesories should be yours at 50% of the new price(Rs 13,500).So, its 4.3 give or take.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th September 2010 at 14:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:56   #2212
RDB

Hi guys. I have been looking for a car for myself lately. I have recently spotted a used Honda City, 09 model with 11k clicks on the odo. The wner is asking for 8 lakhs although I have not bargained yet. How much do you think should I pay for it? Also within the same budget, I can get a new Fiesta 1.6 , so I am a bit confused here. A little advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:09   #2213
BHPian

Googleman and octane1002 Thanks man for the reply. I was ready with an offer of 4.35L. Now I will stick with the offer. Thanks again. It was really helpful.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:28   #2214
BHPian

The Octavia Deal is not going through.

My friend has a W124 E220 Petrol 1996 model and he has asked me to quote a price.

Can you please suggest a good price that I can pay for this Car? I am not looking to make the best deal as it is a Friends car.

I do not want to quote an unreasonable amount.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:54   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The Octavia Deal is not going through.

My friend has a W124 E220 Petrol 1996 model and he has asked me to quote a price.

Can you please suggest a good price that I can pay for this Car? I am not looking to make the best deal as it is a Friends car.

I do not want to quote an unreasonable amount.
I forgot to add that the Car is in very good condition and it is Pune registered. The Odo reads 145000. The tyres are brand new Mischellin. I will have to re-register it in Bangalore.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:02   #2216
BHPian

Experts - can you tell me how much I can expect for my used car -

Maruti Zen LXI - 2005 Model, Run 86,000 kms. Single owner.
Has quite a few scratches here and there, no major dents, but car was well used.
Recent new Michelin tubeless tyres, done some 5000kms on them.

Bangalore registered. Insurance renewed in July. Runs smooth, no major issues.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:47   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Experts - can you tell me how much I can expect for my used car -

Maruti Zen LXI - 2005 Model, Run 86,000 kms. Single owner.
Has quite a few scratches here and there, no major dents, but car was well used.
Recent new Michelin tubeless tyres, done some 5000kms on them.

Bangalore registered. Insurance renewed in July. Runs smooth, no major issues.

Please advise.

Thanks.
1.8 Lakhs since the mileage is close to a lakh & you can add another 10-15k because resale value is more in Bangalore.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 7th September 2010 at 15:48.
Old 7th September 2010, 18:01   #2218

I am searching for a Swift/Getz(Year >=2008 and Odo < 35k).

I visited TrueValue and saw Feb 2008 model Swift VXI (odo ~ 24K) and they are quoting 4.25L.

I checked online advertisements on different portals most of the prices are similar to this.

However, carwale used car value is much lesser than 4.25K. So I am confused what would be the correct price for this?

Thanks
Sam
Old 8th September 2010, 14:38   #2219
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
I have recently spotted a used Honda City, 09 model with 11k clicks on the odo.
For North India (where new cars are cheapest), its not a good price. I'd say 7.5 (7.7 tops).

Quote:
Also within the same budget, I can get a new Fiesta 1.6
You could buy a 1 year old Fiesta for 5 lakhs. Why waste money on new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He won't get anything better than 2.5 lakhs in the market (if at all). Actually, I wouldn't recommend the car to you either. 1,50,000 kms is a lot of running. Buy an RS for 4 lakhs instead.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:43   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Need some advice on the possible cars I can look at. I am planning to buy a car in next 2-3 months in Pune/Mumbai for wife. I have a budget of 2-2.5L. This will be primarily used for daily 20km to and fro commute to office thru Pune's notorious traffic, and occasionally on highway trips. The main expectations are:

1. Fuel efficiency
2. Tall boy design, because our parents may travel occasionally.
3. Reliability

We liked the new design of estilo, but I doubt whether it will come within 2-2.5L range. I even thought about nano, but can it take occasional highway trips with 4 adults? Can the experts please advice which cars can we look at? This will be our first car, and both have zero driving experience!

Mods, I hope I posted in right post, because this post deals with used cars, which I am targetting. If not, please move it to right section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks