Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 20:24   #15586
BANNED

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Hi, What should be the right price to offer for an average 2007 Swift with the G13B engine in Bangalore?

The Owner is asking 2.25Lakhs, the car has done 95000kms.

I'll indeed spend around 75k to 1 lakh in refurbishing/restoration of the car, Looking for a fun to drive car with good handling, thinking is it worth buying the G13B engine today?
Don't want to offend you. But cars older than 15 years are usually scrapped. There is a lot of uncertainty around whether government enforces new rules to stop issuing fitness to cars older than 15 years. I'm not sure about the scene in BLR. So you have to tread with caution as to how long you would be able to actually use the car after investing so much.

Secondly, 95,000 Kms is a lot, depending on how well it's maintained. Lots of wear and tear has happened.

Here in Kolkata, I got offered one at Rs. 70k but I didn't go ahead as the car had five previous owners . I suspected it had it's meter tampered after judging the condition. No genuine service records existed beyond a certain period. So, it was a no go for me.

If it's maintained really well, Maruti cars don't really need restoration. I know a friend who's having an old gen Dzire driven for 4,00,000 kms and he didn't have to spend any big bucks. But yeah, depends on how well it was taken care of. Lastly, right price in Kolkata market would be around 90,000 - 1 lakh. Bangalore should be marginally higher I believe.

Have you considered a TDI (diesel) Polo instead? You can get a clean less driven 2011-2012 model for that budget here in Kolkata market. But it is costly to maintain. Even after paying the RTO transfer, and transportation, I think you would be in profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
Hi,

I am getting an s-cross zeta AT 2021 model with 10K on the odometer in Bangalore for 11L.
This model was on sale for approx 14L.

A 3L depreciation for first 2 years and 10K km with 2 minor accidents seems like a lot.

Thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
S-Cross is the least selling car in the Maruti stable. It has the poorest demand in the used market as a result. Try to close the deal within 8-9 lakhs in my opinion.

Also, if I recall correctly it is discontinued. As such, you have to bargain harder. This car really has no takers, and pricing is based on demand.

Last edited by wheelspinner : 3rd August 2023 at 20:35.
wheelspinner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 23:13   #15587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
Don't want to offend you. But cars older than 15 years are usually scrapped. There is a lot of uncertainty around whether government enforces new rules to stop issuing fitness to cars older than 15 years. I'm not sure about the scene in BLR. So you have to tread with caution as to how long you would be able to actually use the car after investing so much.

Secondly, 95,000 Kms is a lot, depending on how well it's maintained. Lots of wear and tear has happened.

Here in Kolkata, I got offered one at Rs. 70k but I didn't go ahead as the car had five previous owners . I suspected it had it's meter tampered after judging the condition. No genuine service records existed beyond a certain period. So, it was a no go for me.

If it's maintained really well, Maruti cars don't really need restoration. I know a friend who's having an old gen Dzire driven for 4,00,000 kms and he didn't have to spend any big bucks. But yeah, depends on how well it was taken care of. Lastly, right price in Kolkata market would be around 90,000 - 1 lakh. Bangalore should be marginally higher I believe.

Have you considered a TDI (diesel) Polo instead? You can get a clean less driven 2011-2012 model for that budget here in Kolkata market. But it is costly to maintain. Even after paying the RTO transfer, and transportation, I think you would be in profit.
Thanks for your inputs.
1) Atleast in Bangalore there is no sign of owners scrapping their cars in 15 years.
2) Its a democracy and way too many people have cars that are reaching the 15 year mark as modern cars if kept well are more durable than the cars of the 90's or the 80's. I am aware the government has enforced something like this in Delhi, but is there any rumor of government imposing such a ban in PAN INDIA?
3) I am not sure if I'll keep the car for 5 years or 7, but I am surely not considering a used diesel as there are rumors about the new diesel cars ban, plus my running of 800km a month will not make much of difference, the VW TDI will burn a hole in my pocket in terms of parts cost etc.
4) Restoration, I intent to just do an overcoat on the paint, replace suspension components, tyres, brake rotors and pads, replace all lubes and do up the interiors, thus keeping 1 lakh aside for the same.
5) 95k may be a lot if the car has changed 3 to 4 owners, generally 1 or 2 owners should be ok , ofcourse I'll get the car checked.
6) Shocked to hear in kolkata a 2007 swift zxi or vxi is available for 1 lakh. In Bangalore I doubt anyone is willing to sell one for less than 1.8Lakhs.
Old 4th August 2023, 22:43   #15588
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Thanks for your inputs.
6) Shocked to hear in kolkata a 2007 swift zxi or vxi is available for 1 lakh. In Bangalore I doubt anyone is willing to sell one for less than 1.8Lakhs.
I have even seen Swifts selling below 70,000 in West Bengal market. There was a 2006 Swift at my local garage for 65,000, that too negotiable. They are usable but not sure for how long. But I don't have the courage to pick one up as condition isn't that good

Your best bet might be to look for one in Delhi and West Bengal. Take your time. Pay the RTO transfer, and you are still left with some cash at hand for restoration.

They are usually paper fail or, tax about to fail in few months. At this point owners just want to get rid of them.

Last edited by wheelspinner : 4th August 2023 at 22:48.
Old 5th August 2023, 11:22   #15589
BANNED

What should be the fair value of Swift 2018, ZXI (Manual) which is 35,000 Kms driven, and, tax paid till 2028? (West Bengal registration)

Condition is good. There are scratches, some minor dents, chippings and interior looks dirty.

I offered 4.6L, am I the loser in the deal?

Last edited by wheelspinner : 5th August 2023 at 11:24.
Old 5th August 2023, 11:55   #15590
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
What should be the fair value of Swift 2018, ZXI (Manual) which is 35,000 Kms driven, and, tax paid till 2028? (West Bengal registration)

Condition is good. There are scratches, some minor dents, chippings and interior looks dirty.

I offered 4.6L, am I the loser in the deal?
the price seems fair, and you won't be the loser in the deal provided it runs fine ans the car can be spruced up with a few thousand rupees.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:55   #15591
BHPian

I am on the look out for a used car in Delhi NCR. My requirements are as follows:

- Maruti/Hyundai
- 2018 and newer
- Automatic
- Budget 4L +/- 50k
- First owner
- <70000 kms

Surprisingly there are hardly any decent cars available either on Cars24 or Spinny. The starting price for a car which checks all the boxes is Rs.5.5L.

I guess I will have to alter my criteria. Automatic is a must though.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 15:36   #15592
BHPian

I need a decent and safe pre-owned automatic car in Delhi NCR with a 3-4 lakh budget. I will be using the car for a maximum of 3-4 years. Avoiding Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai for their dismal safety performance. What are the options I have?

How do I start my search for a pre-owned car in Delhi NCR? looked through Spinny and Cars 24, cars seemed overpriced. What are the local dealer options? and other forums where I can directly contact the prospective sellers? Any leads will be appreciated.

What caution do I need to take while searching for and finalizing a used car in Delhi NCR?
prince707 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 15:59   #15593
BHPian

Saw this deal on CarWale

Make- Honda Jazz S CVT- 2016 Model
Odo- 58k KM
UP Registration

Price quote- 4.45 Lakh

Is it a good deal?
Old 7th August 2023, 21:51   #15594
Senior - BHPian

What price can be expected for a Dec-2019 Baleno Zeta CVT that's run 65000kms and is in good condition and well maintained, in Kerala ?
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 18:23   #15595
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,
If someone could please help me valuate my mother's car:

2011 Maruti Swift Petrol(White)
Single Owner. It is low 53,000 Kms run.

Also, how much less should I expect if I exchange it directly from a new car dealership instead of selling it manually.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Maky : 8th August 2023 at 18:43.
Old 8th August 2023, 18:40   #15596

Hey fellow petrolheads,

I hope this post finds you all in the best of revving spirits! I'm reaching out to the esteemed Team-BHP community for some valuable insights and estimates on the current value of my cherished four-wheeled companion. Your expertise and opinions would mean the world to me as I navigate this important decision.

Car Details:

Make and Model: Ford Figo Titanium
Variant: Petrol
Year of Manufacture: 2010
Kilometers Driven: ~26,000
Transmission: Manual
Color: Red

Additional Features:
Rear parking camera and sensors, leatherette seats from Imperial Leathers

Maintenance and Condition:
I've always believed in taking utmost care of my car, following the manufacturer's service schedule meticulously. The car has been serviced regularly at authorized service centers, and I have a comprehensive service history to prove it. The exterior is in great condition, thanks to regular detailing and protection against the elements. The interior has been kept neat and tidy, with no signs of wear and tear.

Reason for Evaluation:
As much as I love my car, life sometimes brings about changes that require us to make tough decisions. While parting ways with my beloved ride won't be easy, I'm exploring my options and considering what would be a fair estimate for its current value.

Questions for the Experts:

Based on the provided details, what would be a reasonable estimate for the current value of my car in the market?
Are there any specific factors I should consider when assessing its value?
Have there been any recent trends or market fluctuations that could impact the resale value of my car?

I'm incredibly grateful for the wealth of knowledge and experience that the Team-BHP community brings. Please share your thoughts and estimates, and feel free to share any additional advice you think might be helpful.

Thank you all for being the awesome car enthusiasts that you are!
Old 8th August 2023, 19:12   #15597
PPS
Senior - BHPian

What would a good selling price for a 2013 Maruti Swift Dzire Ldi (first owner) done over 1.6L kms ? Car has been maintained in top shape with new tyres & battery. Maruti Dealership have given an evaluation of Rs 3.15L which seems too low!

Last edited by PPS : 8th August 2023 at 19:20.
Old 8th August 2023, 19:15   #15598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What would a good selling price for a 2013 Maruti Swift Dzire done over 1.6L kms ? Car has been maintained in top shape with new tyres & battery. Maruti Dealership have given an evaluation of Rs 3.15L which seems too low!
Could you elaborate on the variant and the fuel type apart from whether you are the first owner?
Old 8th August 2023, 19:23   #15599
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Could you elaborate on the variant and the fuel type apart from whether you are the first owner?
Have edited the post & put in the relevant details. Forgot to mention that a brand new ECM has been fitted this week which was the only major blip in the decade long ownership.
Old 8th August 2023, 19:53   #15600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Have edited the post & put in the relevant details. Forgot to mention that a brand new ECM has been fitted this week which was the only major blip in the decade long ownership.
In my view, a car of this sort would typically list for ~3.6-3.7 on something like a Spinny/Cars24 in the Mumbai-Pune market. Considering you've just replaced the battery, tyres, ECU, etc., it's more likely to be at the higher end of that range.

Considering the margins dealers typically have; I think 3.15 is a good price. You can get ~15-20k more by selling it to an end-consumer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks