Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Need to re-open this thread - I've been trying to finalize the purchase of this car and the Santro has been rejected since a person in the family does not like its looks. I thought that was pretty ridiculous considering this was the only automatic option which provides easy ingress, but that is how things stand now.

The person concerned is very enamoured by the Scorpio, but was shown at the showroom that he would need help to clamber on and off. We're back to square one.......HELP!
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

how bout the Honda City CVT? If he is considering the scorpio, tehn the CVT should fall within budget as well.

BTW, the scorpio does not come with an auto option. So How come the scorpio was under consideration?
Old 22nd August 2006, 13:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
BTW, the scorpio does not come with an auto option. So How come the scorpio was under consideration?
Dont ask me

We'll take a look at the City CVT but a person who didnt like the looks of the Santro isnt likely to fall for the City either. Let me find the price first.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd August 2006 at 13:15.
Old 26th August 2006, 14:13   #19
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Steeriod!
I had seen this program called "India Innovates" on NDTV Profit..
They showed a man whose legs were not function was driving a scorpio..

The man was not an engg. but he had made the car fit to drive for him..
But because it wasnt an automatic he had to change gears..

He said it was very comfortable to ride even that huge car..

Sorry I cant the find the link to him but I think NDTV guys can help you!!

Also If you dont want to go for a santro how about the new WagonR ??
Looks good but dont know about the Auto version..
Old 7th December 2012, 12:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Came across this information in Facebook & sharing
Disclaimer - I've no authentication, but sharing it on faith basis so as it can help people who're genuinely in need.

The original article is in Tamil & feel free to go through;

This is not a complete translation, but summarizing as crux of the article

Mr Udayakumar from Kumbakonam, Tamilnadu is a specially abled person who lost both his legs to Polio attack at the early age of 3. His continuous effort to find out perfect technology has succeeded him to design a car in which, brakes, clutch & gas pedal can be operated by using hands instead of legs.

He extends this as a service to help other differently abled people without any additional cost other than additional spares to design the specially abled car. So far there has been 15 manufacturers including car manufacturers in Germany & Italy who have approached him to sell his technology, but he has refused to sell it to anyone. Expenses on spares for cars like Maruti Alto is about Rs 58000 & Toyota Fortuner is about Rs 85000. In addition, he charges Rs 5000 for every 10000 Km for servicing & the service is offered at door steps.

This technology has been accepted by IIT. as usual, both state & central Govt of India has not recognized any of this effort. He can be reached at 09940734277 to get the car modified for specially abled people.

Source - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2044261&type=1

Called up the above number few minutes ago & found the person to be genuine. Looks like the Facebook article is genuine.

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2012 at 13:42. Reason: Merging both your posts.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks