Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 07:33   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Hyundai Verna Road Test - Photos - CarWale

Are those the keys? Or are they gifting a mobile phone along with the car?
Old 13th April 2011, 08:50   #707
BHPian

It does have a keyless entry, as shown in this photo....

Hyundai Verna Road Test - Photos - CarWale
Old 13th April 2011, 10:45   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

The new verna does look good both the exteriors and interiors. The interiors should be well put together going by the i10 and the i20 standards. The vehicle is pretty much loaded with goodies.

However, one thing that makes a mark in the first drive report is soft suspension and the steering feedback. However, the buying public will care a dime about this. Now Hyundai price it will and you could see the new segment leader.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:52   #709
BHPian

Wow.. I am impressed. Good to see Hyundai launching a competitive car against new Fiesta.
Turbo lag, handling are the ones we need to look out in the first test drive report. i20 has damn bad turbo lag.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:54   #710
Senior - BHPian

It has EPS!!!! Why do I get the feeling that the steering rattle problem will crop up in this car too ala i10 & i20? They should have stuck with the Hydraulic steering unit which is there in the current Verna.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:02   #711
BHPian

The steering designs might be used across models to save costs. But lets see whether they have the issues still before passing statements.

HPS systems are not preferred nowadays for its cost, weight, usage of engine power for its working and lots of reasons. Basically it has more number of parts and takes some power off the engine for its functioning.

Last edited by krish3 : 13th April 2011 at 11:04.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:04   #712
BHPian

While we're waiting for more news, take a look at the marketing stunt Hyundai pulled off in Malaysia to launch this car:

In Malaysia, a recent stunt with the 2012 Accent and 3D projection answered the question, "How does a company stand out when computer-generated imagery can put any car in any landscape?" A 2012 Accent was suspended from the side of a building and a driver in a Tron-esque suit walked down Spidey-style to get in and "drive."

The wheels spun and the imagery moved accordingly, though the trees and cityscapes were all cleverly crafted to bring motion to an essentially static display. It works, and the end result is very, very cool.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:52   #713
rmk
BHPian

Any idea about the price yet??? the car looks modern, packed with lots of goodies.ANHC nd vento'l have a tough competition for sure

how much'l the 1.4 litre petrol model cost??? 107 bhp from a 1.4L engine..
Old 13th April 2011, 16:27   #714
BHPian

So the new Verna has touched the Indian soil, what a beauty. 'Admiration Guaranteed'. Feature packed and few are first in its class, amazing space both in front as well in rear, quite decent ARAI mileage figures too, what more we require? A complete ALL-ROUNDER in fact.

Just wait & watch the beauty in 'Carbon gray', and you will definitely fall in love with it. Yes @darksoul, I have seen the video, it's absolutely stunning, so we may experience a similar ad stunt very soon.

Yes, there is one aspect which everyone is talking about, i.e. 'handling'. C'mon Man(pronounce this as 'James Carter' of Rush hour fame), we are getting so much, better then the competitors and the handling is not that poor, in fact it’s good so let's be satisfied, 'Santoshi Sada Sukhi'. I have always been positive about this car & will always try to infuse a positive energy in this thread. So let’s ‘Rock n Roll’.
BTW, I have few questions for all the members, kindly help me understand:
1) What exactly 'handling' of a car means?
2) Does driver's driving ability also comes into picture when 'handling' is talked about?
3) At what speed, handling of a car should be judged?
Old 13th April 2011, 17:53   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
BTW, I have few questions for all the members, kindly help me understand:
1) What exactly 'handling' of a car means?
2) Does driver's driving ability also comes into picture when 'handling' is talked about?
3) At what speed, handling of a car should be judged?
Hi Ajay, I had raised the same query on this very thread & got some good replies from various TBHPians (Thanks once again to them). You can refer the messages 562 onwards or click on the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2294183
Old 13th April 2011, 18:19   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
In Malaysia, a recent stunt with the 2012 Accent and 3D projection answered the question, "How does a company stand out when computer-generated imagery can put any car in any landscape?" A 2012 Accent was suspended from the side of a building and a driver in a Tron-esque suit walked down Spidey-style to get in and "drive."
It works, and the end result is very, very cool.
The ad is very cool. Seems inspired from Hot Wheels 3d Ad.

Old 13th April 2011, 23:29   #717
BHPian

Some Details.

That 3D mapping projection promo (quite a mouthfull) is spectacular. If they do the same here in India & make it go viral, that would be fantastic. Some may even call it a magic show

But a spectacular job, i must say. The projection was much better in quality than the hotwheels one. The masking of the background was much better too.

Coming back to the car itself, just went through the carwale review & am posting some of the pics (along with my own observations & opinions) they have taken which i have not come across these in this thread. They point out to certain features & also give us a first look at those features in the India specific models. Also, it will add to the convenience of having all the info & pics consolidated here on the thread itself:

The aggressive front with the rather striking fogs

Keyless entry (locking & unlocking) a.k.a. the Chevy Cruz & Nissan Micra

Indian specific RHD interiors

The Central console with a stowage bin & im guessing an arm rest

Steering mounted controls with calling buttons indicating a phone compatible music system

New Instrument Cluster (without temp & fuel guages which seem like they are going along with the trend nowdays of having these as electronic)
Also, love the Hyundai logo within the electronic display which should probably hold the trip & odometer as well from the looks of it

Keyless Ignition (Again, like the Chevy Cruz & Nissan Micra but the quality & fit & finish seems top notch)

This is a stand out feature which seems super at this price point - A rear view camera along with parking guidance lines (just like much more premium cars which are way more than a couple of segments above)
And the wow factor being that much more as its integrated into the RVM and appears when required & looks stock when not!

Big enough cooled glovebox

The alloy design (mostly 16 inchers) with discs. Discs are to be all around on the higher variants with much better stopping power. Only other car in the segment with the same is the Fiat Linea Tjet

The "Key" itself

The boot showing an integrated net which should be pretty usefull to tying things down & not allowing them to wander around in the boot while on the move.

The Rear Taillamps

(SOURCE FOR PICTURES ABOVE IS THE CARWALE REVIEW)

Going by all the features it has, its going to overshadow the other cars in the segment, heck, even in segments above it. Seems like a fantastic all rounder. Id even forget all about the handling seeing the above. But keep in mind folks, dont just go by the reviews for the handling, test & feel for yourself is what i say.

Last edited by Xehaust : 13th April 2011 at 23:34.
Old 14th April 2011, 00:18   #718
BHPian

Mods - Please merge with above post. Timed out of 20 mins for the editing.

Couple all the above with the variety of engine & transmission options (again a class first with having 4 engines on offer & also automatic transmission options) youd think that is amazing. But it still continues!!!

Going by the posts above, they are also offering the option to add any feature to the lower variants!!!

All in all, i think its just stupendous, the amount of work Hyundai is putting in. Its an incredible effort & im sure they will reap the benefits as well! Good luck Hyundai.
Old 14th April 2011, 06:07   #719
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see all the pictures.
About the RVM integrated backup camera - its real nifty. I am driving a rental Ford Taurus now ands that one has the same feature.
I would have liked the old fashioned temp gauge though!
Old 14th April 2011, 06:58   #720
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Going by all the features it has, its going to overshadow the other cars in the segment, heck, even in segments above it. Seems like a fantastic all rounder. Id even forget all about the handling seeing the above. But keep in mind folks, dont just go by the reviews for the handling, test & feel for yourself is what i say.
Thanks Xehaust for your post. The features sure are "wow" and could change the "C" segment customer expectations dramatically.

Could not agree with you more when you say test & feel of yourself.

Cheers

KPS
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks