Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Not to forget the Gen 2 Swift Dzire
Old 8th February 2011, 08:51   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Not to forget the Gen 2 Swift Dzire
Heard that it will become a 2 1/2 box or the CS and this is something which I don't like it. I am now getting tempted to book a ticket to TN and personally spot this car, stop the driver and TD it. I have a gut feeling that this cars' gonna rock. Even if diesel is presemud to be 1.5 lakh expensive, then 9-10 lakh seems realistic and thats in the ballpark of Honda City V petrol. And you know the vento TDI has to be countered....

Last edited by sidindica : 8th February 2011 at 08:52.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:53   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Even if diesel is presemud to be 1.5 lakh expensive, then 9-10 lakh seems realistic and thats in the ballpark of Honda City V petrol. And you know the vento TDI has to be countered....
Not just that; it's gonna be feature rich ala i20.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:56   #289
BHPian

Quote:
I am now getting tempted to book a ticket to TN and personally spot this car, stop the driver and TD it. I have a gut feeling that this cars' gonna rock. Even if diesel is presemud to be 1.5 lakh expensive, then 9-10 lakh seems realistic and thats in the ballpark of Honda City V petrol. And you know the vento TDI has to be countered....
Siddy

Not a bad idea to begin. This then could become one heck of a TD. Its been a while since I drove to chennai but a lot of my friends who are frequent that route often have sighted them quite often

Keep updating us on the RB. I will be in the look out for a good new diesel SEDAN in 2012 and would want to stay with Hyundai
Old 8th February 2011, 11:26   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a gut feeling that this cars' gonna rock.
Thats for sure. All of the new-gen Hyundais are rocking to the core not only in India but throughout the world. This new Verna is going to spoil us with a choice of petrol and diesel and manual and auto transmission variants.

I guess the new Verna and the i45 will do a "i20" in their repective segments. If at all this (and the new Sonata/i45) doesn't succeed in India, its not Hyundai's fault anymore.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:35   #291
Senior - BHPian

Hope this car rides and handles well, so much so that straight from the horses mouth, you get to hear this:

Jalopnik: Obsessed With The Cult Of Cars

Whatever the configuration, we will still stay skeptical on this remark. And hope that we have a comprehensive Tbhp review of a hyundai at last.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:16   #292
BHPian

Sid! Refer you post 107 in this thread.
Can you please post an enlarged pic of this page (the data on RHS) ?

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled10.jpg

Last edited by breezydrive : 8th February 2011 at 17:17.
Old 8th February 2011, 19:25   #293
Senior - BHPian

Enlarged pic

Korean brochure

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled1.jpg

Russian brochure

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled12.jpg

click on the images to maximise.

Last edited by sidindica : 8th February 2011 at 19:26.
Old 8th February 2011, 19:46   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

By the way whats the GDi ? Is it a new type of Diesel engine ? Advantages / Disadvantages?
Old 8th February 2011, 20:05   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
By the way whats the GDi ? Is it a new type of Diesel engine ? Advantages / Disadvantages?
GDi = Gasoline (Petrol) Direct-Injection Engine.

Advantages: More mileage and less pollution levels.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:16   #296
Senior - BHPian

India will be the first market where the RB will get the diesel IIRC. Wildon, did you manage to get some international pdf brochure of the RB which talks about this motor?
Old 8th February 2011, 21:44   #297
BHPian

If the GDI is offered, would'nt it be the first time it is offered in Mainstream car? Does VW offer FSI engines in India?
If true, Hyundai as usual would live up to its reputation of introducing newer technology which are with in reach of common man.
Old 8th February 2011, 22:05   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
If the GDI is offered, would'nt it be the first time it is offered in Mainstream car? Does VW offer FSI engines in India?
If true, Hyundai as usual would live up to its reputation of introducing newer technology which are with in reach of common man.
Could be the case here. They were the first ones to provide CRDi mills to the common man with Accent. Now they could do the same with GDI.

MB recently launched their GDI vehicle in India. The specs looked so good and I was wishing how and when will it be made available to common man. And here we have Hyundai doing it..

As GTO say God Bless competition...
Old 8th February 2011, 23:03   #299
Senior - BHPian

After the new verna, maybe Hyundai should do something for the 12 year old accent which is soldiering on without any facelift...perhaps its time for its transformation, isnt it?
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-hyundaiaccent_2004_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-hyundaiaccent_2004_1024x768_wallpaper_02.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 08:26   #300
BANNED

Quote:
Wildon, did you manage to get some international pdf brochure of the RB which talks about this motor?
So far no pdf brochures with me. The only info i got about this new motor is

Quote:
Gamma 1.6L GDI:
The new Gamma 1.6L is the smallest Hyundai engine yet to benefit from the application of Gasoline Direct Injection technology. The inline four develops 140 ps (138 hp, 103 kW)—a 13% improvement over a conventional Gamma 1.6L fed by multipoint fuel injection (MPI).

The new Gamma features a 150-bar direct injection fuel system, Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (DCVVT), a Variable Induction System (VIS) and anti-friction coatings such as CrN Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating and Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating.

VIS delivers variable air flow based on speed conditions. At low and high speeds, air flows through the short runner, and at mid-range speed it flows through the long runner, helping optimize engine performance over the entire operating range.

Water jacket inserts help maintain a stable temperature balance between the upper and lower blocks.
Quote:
The base Verna is offered with the 1.4L DOHC edition of the Gamma which puts out 78.7 kW (106 hp) and 135.4 N·m and comes with the choice of a five-speed manual gearbox or four-speed automatic. Fuel economy is rated 5.7 L/100km (41 mpg US) with the manual; 6.2 L/100km (38 mpg US) with the automatic (1.4L with Fuel Economy Package).

The engine features Continuously Variable Valve Timing, a smart alternator and air conditioning compressor plus the adoption of motor-driven power steering.
Source
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks