Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 07:32   #781
Senior - BHPian

My next car will be a Ford. The Fiesta on sale might be old but it still has the best driving dyanimics even in the SXI variant and this is the only factor I look at when buying a car. The luxury, refinement & quality is top notch too.
Old 25th August 2010, 07:34   #782
Senior - BHPian

My next car will be an Automatic. Its not that I enjoy drving a manual one but would like to experience the Automatic and it has to be a sedan.

My present car is a Fiesta and maybe my next car hopefully would be from Ford stable also.
Old 25th August 2010, 11:38   #783
Senior - BHPian

Safari 2.2vtt

My next will be a Safari. Second hand (due to budget limitations), around 3 years old. Will hopefully be able to afford it within the next three years. If possible (again, budget permitting), will try for a 4WD. Long trips with family and luggage

IF the Aria is launched early enough that by the end of my 3 years it is available (again second hand) within my (then) budget, will see if I can pick that up instead. I love the safari, but feel purely on a fit-and-finish comparison, the Aria will win (and so sways my family's preference).
Old 26th August 2010, 07:57   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
What's the point of this thread? What will it prove?
This thread will be useful only if everybody give a 'brief' on
1. what was their sequence of ownerships (list of all cars owned in sequence)
with an indication of approximately how many months/years each car was used.
2. What was the reason for choosing each car.
3. Whether your expectations on the car were fulfilled ? What were the new problems/shortcomings found in the car which tempted you to sell it and choose a new car ?
4. What are the loving and discouraging factors in your present car ?
5. Factors which attracted you to your next car (this thread subject) ?

Please ensure that the answers to each point above to be 'crisp, clear and very very brief'. The few extra minutes which we spend in making the answers sharp will save a total of many hours for our bhp team.
Old 26th August 2010, 08:10   #785
Senior - BHPian

There is no point of such a poll spcly at this point of time since Vento has just been launched and 95% of folks who have voted on this thread havent even looked at the car in person leave alone drive it. In any case having seen a history of such polls in team bhp, I can tell you from experience that any new launch wins the initial poll due to the hype around it, SX4 won against City when it was launched, for that matter in a Poll folks had voted Aveo better than City and even its interiors were rated to be better than City. We all know what happened after that....

So my take, its better to let the initial buzz settle down. Buying a 10 lakh rupee car is not like reading a review and finalizing the car, one needs to test drive, market feedback, and the other issues to be sorted. I feel that diesel Vento would most likely effect diesel sedan sales. Now how many of Honda City buyers it can convert will deem its success. But right now its too early to come to any judgement either ways....
Old 26th August 2010, 08:56   #786
BHPian

My next car purchase would be in 2013 and it would be would be the new generation Honda City. I feel 2013 is the right time for me to upgrade from a hatch to a Sedan.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:20   #787
BHPian

It will be in 5 years time!
1) One with lots of boot space! Growing family huh!
2) One with ESP, more than two Air bags, AC at the back
3) Mostly on mixed fuel cells, like Pirus currently
4) Driving dynamics just like Fiesta or better.
5) Decent power, Bigger wheels, broader tires
6) With disc break in the back too!
7) Needed integrated console/dashboard (with possibility to integrate navigation, Hu functions).
8) Comfortable interiors, Space well utilized. I am not too much how it looks from outside. As long as it has better interior, rather practical interiors; that will do!

Guess thats enough, but who know which killer feature gets developed in 5 years!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 26th August 2010 at 13:25.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:43   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
My next will be a Safari. Second hand (due to budget limitations), around 3 years old. Will hopefully be able to afford it within the next three years. If possible (again, budget permitting), will try for a 4WD. Long trips with family and luggage

IF the Aria is launched early enough that by the end of my 3 years it is available (again second hand) within my (then) budget, will see if I can pick that up instead. I love the safari, but feel purely on a fit-and-finish comparison, the Aria will win (and so sways my family's preference).
Kerala seems to be a good place to buy second hand safari. Due to lower demand, I feel, Used safaris are cheap in Kerala.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:07   #789
Senior - BHPian

My next car will in all likelihood be a down grade from my current set of wheels-

it will be a small hatchback that is easy to drive an park in a crowded city, is low on maintenance costs and is fuel efficient. This is especially true if i buy my next car in Mumbai or Bangalore, the two cities i am most likely to be living in......

I have had enough of driving big cars and am now looking at cars with a more practical approach.
Old 27th August 2010, 02:00   #790
ajai_dev

Why did you not include Chevrolet Cruze in the pool?

I am thinking either the Fiat Line Emotion Pack 1.3 MJD or the Chevrolet Cruze LT.
The price difference is 3 lacs and well the Linea is a bit better with the features. I cant afford the Cruze LTZ "out of budget"

Will wait for the Fiat Linea 1.6 Multijet as long as i can if it does not launch soon i'll buy either of the two.

Old 27th August 2010, 20:32   #791
BHPian

I currently own a Beat.
My next car would be a Honda Civic in white! I am a huge fan of the Civic's low slung stance. Can just keep gazing at a Civic for ages
Old 28th August 2010, 08:50   #792
BHPian

Range Rover Sport Turbro charged.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:29   #793

My next car would be a 10 second car -period!
Old 28th August 2010, 13:46   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullRock View Post
Range Rover Sport Turbro charged.
AFAIK Range Rover Sport is Supercharged. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 7th September 2010, 17:57   #795
Senior - BHPian

I have decided, my next car will be a Toyota Prado Petrol second hand the out going Prado model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks