Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 15:14   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@rpmx100, copying this from GTO's review

India’s “national engine”, the 1.3 Fiat MJD, finds its way into the Manza’s engine bay as well. The diesel is rated at 89 BHP (4,000 rpm) and 200 NM of torque (1,750 – 3,000 rpm). Yup, it’s running the Linea spec engine (with slight changes) and variable geometry turbo here. Translated = No swift-like punchy turbo kicking in. Rather, the turbo action is subtle in nature. Even though the spec sheet says that the torque comes in at 1,750 rpm, you don’t really feel much acceleration until crossing 2,000 rpm (turbo seems to really start spooling only after 1,800). And despite a variable geometry turbo, turbolag is noticeable and definitely takes some getting used to.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1556652
Just the Drive both the cars Deepak for yourself. If you are rating a car, take a TD yourself.. All turbo cars will have turbo lag to some extent or the other.I never said Manza _does not_ have turbo lag. In general, VGT cars have less turbo lag because that's one of the reasons a VGT is used. I have TD'ed the Manza diesel for myself (when I was going to upgrade cars last december ) and I did'nt feel it stall or lag at any point in time.Spent quite some time on it and tested it quite well. I was very happy with it on all fronts. I know what turbo lag feels like ,especially from my older car (a tata Indica turbo).Compare that and the Manza feels like a revelation. I did not get that feeling when driving my friend's Swift D or TD'ing the Dzire from the showroom.I was pushing both cars and waiting to get that 'great feeling' from the drive. But I did'nt.

Remember anybody,even GTO, will state a personal point of view ultimately.
Now I am not trying to attack GTO, before you get your claws out. The truth is ,It's impossible to be totally objective, while it is very easy to be extremely subjective.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:11   #92
BHPian

Re: Swift Dzire :1.5 Lakh cars in 2 years

One just cant say Dzire sells only because its from Maruti and because its cheap etc. I am a owner of Dzire Vdi. I test drove Linea, New ford Ikon, i20, Fabia etc and did extensive research online including this forum before buying the car. Though I liked various things in all the above different cars, ultimately this car appeared most practical if one learns to live with its looks (IMO you cant call it ugliest by any means) and also considering that the MASS is widely available and good. Good feeling of buying a new car lasts for some time but then when you need servicing to keep your car in shape and in good performance, a poor service can turn all the sweet feeling to a bitter taste. Few companies right now are as good as Maruti in after sales service regarding wide availability and cheap and readily available spares. And if another 1.5 lakh indian customers thought same, you cant say all are fools.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks