Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 10:45   #751
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo- Excessive Delay In delivery, Please Advise me.

Whitelion, no matter where you buy your car from , the dealer in Kolhapur cannot refuse to service your car. 40 days is too long, I suggest you cancel your booking (sometimes cars miraculously appear at a dealer's lot when the customer threatens to cancel) , write a stinker to Ford about how bad your experience was with the dealer , and then but it from Pune/Satara/Sangli/Karad, wherever it is convenient for you.
You can also PM Mustang.101 for the addresses you can PM to.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:13   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Whitelion, no matter where you buy your car from , the dealer in Kolhapur cannot refuse to service your car. 40 days is too long, I suggest you cancel your booking (sometimes cars miraculously appear at a dealer's lot when the customer threatens to cancel) , write a stinker to Ford about how bad your experience was with the dealer , and then but it from Pune/Satara/Sangli/Karad, wherever it is convenient for you.
You can also PM Mustang.101 for the addresses you can PM to.
Thanks Sajo, You are from Pune, How in General Talera Ford Pune Is ? Its one of My options available.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:07   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Thanks Sajo, You are from Pune, How in General Talera Ford Pune Is ? Its one of My options available.
Sorry whitelion, I have some pre-sales experience with Planet Ford and not Talera. You can try PM'ing member anilisanil ,for that info.
But I havent heard anyone cribbing about bad dealership experience with either of them.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:59   #754
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo- Excessive Delay In delivery, Please Advise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Sorry whitelion, I have some pre-sales experience with Planet Ford and not Talera. You can try PM'ing member anilisanil ,for that info.

refer First Para

But I havent heard anyone cribbing about bad dealership experience with either of them.

refer Second Para
Same Dealership has Branch in Kolhapur, And I am dealing with them. How did you find them. Atleast for me, I have to struggle with them for Quoting More base price (5.22 instead of 5.17), Forcing some unwanted things like Teflon coating, Underbody coating etc. etc. These I got resolved in my favor, through Ford Cust care. lastly I am struggling with them for Delivery, but this time custcare is unable to help me.

Good to hear that. I am talking to Talera Ford. Surprisingly they are also quoting 5.19 instead of 5.17 and the SR is unaware of price available on web site. he has promised that he will consult his seniors and let me know by noon.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:00   #755
BHPian

Although you would get some extra attention/favours from the dealer if you purchased the car from them, there's no reason why they should do the things you mentioned (overcharging and so on).

I was under a similar impression too, rather somewhat opposite of this.
I purchased the car in mysore, and would always try to visit the mysore service centre for whatever issues I was facing and services.
I travel to mysore on weekends, and would wait for weekends to get the car attended to. You do build a good rapport with the people there.

But after 6 months or so, I started visiting dealerships in bangalore, and got the same level of service here too. Infact, I got my latest paid service done at bangalore too, and was very happy with it
So from a service standpoint, you don't have to worry. (atleast from my experience here)

If you are really keen on getting your hands on the car of the year soon, You can go ahead and cancel the booking and purchase from where it is available
You have a perfectly valid reason to do so.
Good Luck!
Old 12th July 2011, 13:16   #756
BHPian

Thanks Figo_United for sharing First Hand experience. It is giving me lot of moral support and slowly my confidence is building. I am discussing with some dealers (all of them have cars in stock and can deliver next day). Once those negotiations are over a Final decision is to be Taken.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:51   #757
Team-BHP Support

Hey, it will not be a problem getting the car serviced from a place you didn't buy it from.

The only hitch I see is - you said your current dealer is the only one for 4 districts. So, you will have to go to him for servicings. Knowing you had placed the order from him but cancelled and got the car from elsewhere might just put him off. Something like this shouldn't result in problems during servicing. Of course, all this would be only if the dealer is a twisted person.

Do write a nice email to Ford first, keeping the dealer in CC; threaten to cancel and then check the dealer's response.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th July 2011 at 14:54.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:27   #758
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, the road tax etc would be different for Pune and Sangli/ Kolhapur. Would this not have an impact on the price of the car? In this case you may end up paying more if you buy from Pune than if you buy from Kolhapur.
This is apart from your costs in travelling to Pune for the purchase. I recommend that you verify the final on road costs in Pune and compare with what you are paying now. Also will you lose any money or get a full refund of your booking amount if you cancel?

I agree that servicing should not be an issue if you buy from another city
Old 12th July 2011, 18:09   #759
BHPian

I have discussed with Dealer, He will do temp registration and I have to get It registered at My Place. If we compare total Landed Cost inclusive of all costs like traveling etc. etc. getting from Other place is going to cost 3K more, Plus I have to spend two days for getting car and 1 day for registering at my place.

Mastang.101 and others have suggested me to send a stinker mail to Ford MD. Today I will do that and see how things take shape. Tomorrow I will update the status. Somehow this experience is repelling me from Figo itself, though I liked the car very much. A repenting thought is lingering in my Mind, ' Why I choose Figo Over Swift and believed sweet talks of Ford Dealer when a allotment letter for Swift ABS was in my hands ?'. I could have very well got Figo from other place in first place itself, one of private Car dealers here was offering Procuring Figo from Other place at almost same cost, but he told that he will bring the car by road, this was a issue since I would have got "new" car with few hundred KM in ODO.

Well all said and done, there is no point in repenting, facing current situation and take efforts to solve the problem is need of the hour. Thanks to all who participated, extended help, shared experience and given valuable suggestions. This has boosted my confidence and in process has learned many things.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:52   #760
Senior - BHPian

Just one word, you are going to keep the car for another four to five years, at least. So don't be put off by the hassles you are going through now. Once you are through all this, you can then enjoy the car for the next few years.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:08   #761
BHPian

HoneyBee,

I plan to keep car for at least 10yrs. Thats why Longevity of Car and Companies Stability was one of the major selection criteria. My BIL has 2000 Model petrol Ikon, The car is still plush, no signs of ageing like rust, paint damage etc. etc. and he is extremely happy with Service and Parts availability. This was one of the plus points in Figo's favor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks