Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 18:10   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: India's Best 'Dada'giri cars

In Mumbai there are several that I have noticed:

- White SUVs / MUVs: Innova's, Fortuners, Scorpios, and Endeavour primarily. No matter how clean these cars are, people will always be a little more respectful.

- Modified vehicles: throw in dark tints, a loud exhaust (optional), some fancy alloys, and a loud horn. Can be a creta, can be a thar, can even be a Polo! Loud music helps! Just make sure the colour is either White or Black. Maroon doesn't get as much respect though.

- Marathi Number Plate vehicles / Vehicles with political stickers.

- VVIP number vehicles - number plate font helps. Almost everyone has a VIP number here nowadays, so VVIP number on a German/SUV will go that extra mile.

Just some trends I have noticed, but driving style has to match with the car.
Case in point, my 3 series with a few exterior add-ons (lip spoiler, de-badged, 18" alloys in gun metal etc.) get's people out of the way when I am a little more aggressive (especially at night with the Xenons), but when I drive smoothly and carefully (not much of a choice in the city) - I have these black and yellow Santro Dada's who try and squeeze me out of the way knowing I care about my vehicle. But overall, when I have to cut into someone's lane - they are a lot more patient when I am in the 3 than other vehicles.

Last edited by lamborghini : 18th April 2019 at 18:14.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 12:41   #242
BHPian

Re: India's Best 'Dada'giri cars

Recently there was a drive in Noida by the police against vehicles with the familiar 'Jaat'/'Gujar' labels (https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...fines/1747692/). In some of the interviews, police said that such writings on the vehicles create insecurity among other road users. In my view, no matter what the vehicle (nano or fortuner), such labels did add to the 'dadagiri' quotient of the vehicle and I would often steer clear of such vehicles. Good initiative by the police to rein in such bizarre practices.
interest is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks