Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 23:36   #76
Team-BHP Support

If I can think of a car model I have most extensively driven in spite of not owning, it would be the Volvo. Yup, I have driven the Volvo 850, S70 and S80 regularly between 1996-2004 as my uncle in NY was a Volvo loyalist who leased 7 Volvos back-to-back for 20+ years. Now, did I ever feel it was a luxury car? Naah... It was just a nice sturdy car, nothing more. In fact, by the time I got to drive S80, my own Acura 3.2TL was feeling more refined and luxurious.

Regarding their legendary reliability, that crown no more belongs to them, not after Ford took over. My Uncle's S80 regularly had mechanical/electrical problems, and once it just died in the middle of the highway. As a result, S80 was the last Volvo my uncle bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
As for me I will not buy anything owned by Chinese. I avoid as much as possible products owned by a country that waged a war with us and still disputes a large swathe of our country as theirs.
Practically every AC, UPS and UPS battery available in Indian market is now made in China. My Voltas Cassette AC order was held up for 3 months because a part was pending, from China. Yes, Voltas is a Tata company.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:15   #77
Team-BHP Support

Volvo's are really safe stolid comfy cars built for rough scandinavian roads and long distances. fun was never part of its DNA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks