Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:30   #16
BHPian

Re: How costly are Ford Fusion spares ?

Reviving an old thread as my friend is in need of some help. Request you to help him with your inputs.

What would be the cost for suspension overhaul?

There is a peculiar noise like (Krrrr) while shifting gears. From 4 gear, it does not shift to 3 gear directly. Need to shift to 2nd and then to 3rd. What could be the reason for this? Does he need to change any part from the gearbox?
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Reviving an old thread as my friend is in need of some help. Request you to help him with your inputs.

There is a peculiar noise like (Krrrr) while shifting gears. From 4 gear, it does not shift to 3 gear directly. Need to shift to 2nd and then to 3rd. What could be the reason for this? Does he need to change any part from the gearbox?
How old is the car ? I would try changing the gear box oil first. Then look the clutch.
If these 2 doesn't solve the issue then I would trouble shoot further.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Based on the experience with our Fusion there are 2 likely causes:-
1. ((This option is the most probable)) There are some rubber bushes in the gear shift lever mechanism. These need to be changed after certain years or Kms. Otherwise they create shifting problems. Was cheap but Ford had hiked prices when we did it.
2. Clutch plate is nearing its end. Need to change the entire set of brg. pressure plate & clutch plate. We got ours changed around 45000 kms. (Abused due to the drivers!). Typically life is around 60000kms. Service centre does a hill slope slippage test.
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Whats the odo reading? I dont think it would be a gearbox problem. It can be the clutch plate depending how used/abused it has been. I changed mine after 77K.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2487490

Ideally spares should be available, as most of it should share with the old Fiesta platform.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
How old is the car ? I would try changing the gear box oil first. Then look the clutch.
If these 2 doesn't solve the issue then I would trouble shoot further.
It is a 2007 model. He got the car yesterday and changed all the oils, including the gear box oil. But that did not solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Whats the odo reading? I dont think it would be a gearbox problem. It can be the clutch plate depending how used/abused it has been. I changed mine after 77K.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2487490

Ideally spares should be available, as most of it should share with the old Fiesta platform.
The odo currently is at 1,10,000 kms. Need to check if it a clutch issue. The mechanic who test drove the vehicle said that the problem was because of some CHIP failing in the gear box. Any idea what chip he was referring to?
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:51   #21
BHPian

Bush issue. The engines, both diesel and petrol, on a fusion, are the same as in Classic, erstwhile fiesta. So, should not be a big problem.

Get it done at A.S.S. though it might be a tad expensive.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:53   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The odo currently is at 1,10,000 kms. Need to check if it a clutch issue. The mechanic who test drove the vehicle said that the problem was because of some CHIP failing in the gear box. Any idea what chip he was referring to?
I think then surely it would be a clutch problem. It speaks a lot about your friend's driving style, if he could get the stock clutch to run so long.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a 2007 model. He got the car yesterday and changed all the oils, including the gear box oil. But that did not solve the issue.

I don't think there is a CHIP in the gear box
Unless its some kind of a VAG DSG box.

Looks to be a clutch issue. Was the Clutch ever replaced?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:47   #24
BHPian

Took my friend's car to the mechanic yesterday evening. As per him, there is absolutely no issue with clutch plates as the acceleration seems to be normal. He was talking of some bush/ball (not a chip this time) that has to be changed in the gear box. He quoted Rs 15,000/- for suspension overhaul and gear box issue, excluding service charges. Is the quote reasonable? Please help.
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took my friend's car to the mechanic yesterday evening. As per him, there is absolutely no issue with clutch plates as the acceleration seems to be normal. He was talking of some bush/ball (not a chip this time) that has to be changed in the gear box. He quoted Rs 15,000/- for suspension overhaul and gear box issue, excluding service charges. Is the quote reasonable? Please help.
if it is 'a bush issue' then it is a couple of hundred rupees at ford service itself and even more minimal at a friendly mechanic(is this bush available outside?).

Suspension overhaul is very vague term. What needs replacement and what doesn't need to be clearly known to evaluate the 15k.
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I would again suggest you to take it to Ford A.S.S. The suspension should not be as expensive. You can take a cue from the fact that I had got the front RHS strut replaced at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad, and along wih it got the seventh scheduled service done on 23/07/2011, and the total bill, service and strut, and labour included came to just Rs. 5,943. I don't have the individual costs since I sold the car and gave the bills to the buyer.
deepfusion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
I would again suggest you to take it to Ford A.S.S. The suspension should not be as expensive. You can take a cue from the fact that I had got the front RHS strut replaced at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad, and along wih it got the seventh scheduled service done on 23/07/2011, and the total bill, service and strut, and labour included came to just Rs. 5,943. I don't have the individual costs since I sold the car and gave the bills to the buyer.
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. Will ask my friend to take the car to Ford A.S.S for further inspection and repair.

I have my eyes on the car. Seriously thinking of confiscating it from my friend. It looks cute and spacious. Ofcourse all this will happen only after the repairs.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. Will ask my friend to take the car to Ford A.S.S for further inspection and repair.

I have my eyes on the car. Seriously thinking of confiscating it from my friend. It looks cute and spacious. Ofcourse all this will happen only after the repairs.
If possible, get it and keep it. I have made a blunder, that of selling it. Its not heavy on the pocket. In fact, my fusion also went to Hyderabad and I was just speaking to the guy for the NOC for the fusion. I requested him if he would let go of the car, and he plainly refused.

Last edited by deepfusion : 23rd December 2014 at 11:20.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
If possible, get it and keep it. I have made a blunder, that of selling it. Its not heavy on the pocket. In fact, my fusion also went to Hyderabad and I was just speaking to the guy for the NOC for the fusion. I requested him if he would let go of the car, and he plainly refused.
I spoke to him as soon as I posted my evil intention. He looks positive. He has agreed to lend me the car for a few day after the repairs. You see, I have not yet revealed my full and clear intentions to him. I will let him know my intention after the repairs are done, not that I don't want to spend on the repairs, but I don't have time to take the pain to go behind mechanis or the Ford A.S.S. Will let you all know the final result.
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:56   #30
BHPian

Is it a 1.6 petrol or a 1.4 tdci.

If it is tdci, get RD dieseltronic immediately on purchase. It feels slightly low powered with 67 bhp. You will have bags full of fun with the RD installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks