Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 01:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bentley Flagship Mulsanne Debuts In India!

Bentley Flagship Mulsanne Debuts In India!-bentleymulsannefrontthreequarter.jpg

Bentley has debuted its most expensive and equisite flagship sedan Mulsanne in the Indian market today.

The car was unveiled by Sir Richard Stag, Britain’s high commissioner to India and Chris Buxtonm, Bentley’s regional director in a ceremony held at British High Commissioner’s residence in New Delhi today.

Mulsanne is the first Bentley to be designed from grounds up in a long time and comes with the craftsmanship, refined performance, luxury and coach building elegance and experience the marquee is renowned for.

Speaking on the occasion, Chris Buxtonm said that their expectations with Mulsanne are quite high.

“I think our expectations with Mulsanne has always been very strong. We don’t see the sales of the car but wait for its demand in the market. The moment I think would be strong we would probably be sold out, by the end of 2011,” said Chris Buxton.

“I think we have taken some interested parties, I showed some Indian customers the car last year. This market is a very strong market for our cars and it goes back to 1911 when we came into the market. So as I said there are about 700 big car drivers in India today,” added Buxton.

Production of the new Mulsanne will commence at Bentley’s headquarters in England in the second quarter of 2010.

Designed to compete with the best in the world in the luxury car segment, the new Bentley Mulsanne offers huge customization options which includes 114 paint colors, 21 carpet colors, nine wood veneers and 24 interior leather hide all of which would be tanned using a decade-old process to ensure that this future classic is retained. The result of all the attention to details and quality is that each Mulsanne takes more than 2 months to build since more than 50% of the car involves hands craftsmanship of the highest order.

source: http://www.autoholiks.com/2010/03/be...cations-price/

Last edited by extreme_torque : 14th March 2010 at 01:30.
Old 14th March 2010, 01:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

SHEEER CLASS! Absolutely gorgeous looking car!
Old 14th March 2010, 01:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
SHEEER CLASS! Absolutely gorgeous looking car!
Can't disagree with you more buddy. IMHO The front quarter is Yuck ! The rest of the car is par excellence and truly madly, Bentley !
Old 14th March 2010, 01:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

To each one its own but I absolutely love the front end design and headlight detailing.
Old 14th March 2010, 02:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

This does not look half as good looking as the brooklands.Now that was a looker,or as clarkson said it " a slab of old england!".
Old 14th March 2010, 02:06   #6
BHPian

Chris buxton surely is wrong when he added that there are 700 big car drivers in india.
I reckon there are more big car drivers now then what he quoted.
As per mulsanne this 6.7L V8 petrol engine car sure has power and luxury . As per looks are concerned havent seen one in flesh by myself in US or Europe . So too early to comment by just looking at the pic.
Old 14th March 2010, 02:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Can't disagree with you more buddy. IMHO The front quarter is Yuck ! The rest of the car is par excellence and truly madly, Bentley !
Seems to be a bit of a blunt angle there; I wonder what that does for the aerodynamics? I guess there's power to spare, though, whatever the aerodynamics!

You could put me down for one --- so long as you take the collection to pay for it! I could live with the blunt angle, even come to love some of the quirks of the design.

Oh, what a joke it would be, driving that thing down my tiny street!

Hey ho... guess I have to stick with the Swift!
Old 14th March 2010, 09:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

The front is really ugly, and looks as if the designers were confused and ended up melting 2 cars in one. The ghost is a far better looker.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The front is really ugly, and looks as if the designers were confused and ended up melting 2 cars in one. The ghost is a far better looker.
Sid,

trust me see this in person once and you will change your mind. The ghost is like a bold statement and this is the beauty.

Do check it out sometime if you can with the bentley dealer, it's a beautiful car.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Phantom or Ghost has nothing on this car. This is sheer elegance. That doesnt mean Phantom and Ghost are not gr8 but in today;s time if I had to pick one of the 3 it would be Mulsanne, Ghost and then Phantom.

Mulsanne is art on wheels.
Old 14th March 2010, 12:21   #11
BHPian

I for one find it absolutely hideous. Especially the headlamps and the area around the driving lamps. Thank god they have not fiddled with the Bentley grill. Bentley's are not supposed to flashy, they are supposed to be sporty. I guess the Hip hop gang will go nuts about this one.
Old 14th March 2010, 12:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

The Mulsanne has beautiful proportions IMO. It's only the round headlights up front that don't suit the overall design. But look at the detailing inside the headlamps! Beautifully done!

P.S: This should be in the Super-Cars & Imports in India - Team-BHP section
Old 14th March 2010, 13:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

What do you guys think of the poll between Phantom and Mulsanne?

Mods: Can we have a poll?
Old 14th March 2010, 13:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Lovely lines on this one,oozes utter class! As expected from a modern Bentley! The front is different and stands out in a good way.Brilliant detailing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The front is really ugly, and looks as if the designers were confused and ended up melting 2 cars in one.
Designers who work for top brands like Bentley are never confused to say the least.Even the Jaguar Mark X had similar front end styling and it was a looker IMO.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

@AYAN... Ditto! The cleanlines and the asymmetric front looks awesome! Its got great presence!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks