Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 17:00   #1
BHPian

Volkswagen After Sales Service

hello,

vw polo seems like a promising car on paper. hope this turns out good on road too. the next biggest question will be the A.S.S. till date only a few expensive VW cars were available. can someone post the following information

1. what is the reputation of VW around the world w.r.t A.S.S.
2. what is their reputation in India with the few models they have sold
3. r they going to leverage the skoda service centers/dealer network?
4. when r the deliveries expected to start
5. any feedback on 'elite motors' bangalore? they told me that they will charge 50k for booking and currently they have about 40 bookings done and if i book now, i will get the car within 30days of launch date? if i book should i ask for this info in writing?

thanks.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

e.g. Please type Are instead of r
We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st March 2013 at 04:19. Reason: Please read the mod note in your post, thanks
Old 7th February 2010, 18:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Surely you can type ASS?

After all, apart from After-sales-service, it is only an animal, like a donkey.

Anyway... With Polo about to complete with Fabia, this thread asks a vital question, and I too have wondered about the experience so far of Jetta and Passat owners.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2010, 19:04   #3
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users. Also, don't forget to use the appropriate punctuation.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2010 at 18:03.
Old 7th February 2010, 21:03   #4
BHPian

If anyone knows about the A.S.S of the VW. Please me know as well. I am also planning for a new car and VW polo is also in my list
Old 7th February 2010, 21:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Anyway... With Polo about to complete with Fabia, this thread asks a vital question, and I too have wondered about the experience so far of Jetta and Passat owners.
we've heard some horror stories about skoda service here, so i hope it's nothing like skoda. all the same i think some amount of german discipline must have permeated into the dealerships and the ASCs, but then again, let's wait for confirmation from someone who has experienced their service.
Old 7th February 2010, 22:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

From what I've read in the ownership reports, it seems alright. I think the bigger problem is insufficient number of service centers. Not the service itself.
Old 8th February 2010, 00:19   #7
BHPian

Volksuzuki?

Given that VW & SUZUKI are now formal partners, its safe to say that we can expect another dual company vehicle service network soon. I expect the announcement after the launch of the Polo. This is the only way I see the thousands of Polos having a service destination in the Greater Mumbai Region.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Given that VW & SUZUKI are now formal partners, its safe to say that we can expect another dual company vehicle service network soon. I expect the announcement after the launch of the Polo. This is the only way I see the thousands of Polos having a service destination in the Greater Mumbai Region.
I don't think so because has not brought shares in Maruti Suzuki,they have bought the shares of Suzuki only. Maruti might not take this risk since their dealers itself might run full with maruti cars.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:36   #9
BHPian

Try to look at the big picture. MUL has sales of approximately 25K cars per month. VW has production capacity of around 10-15% of that in the short-medium term.

A 10% increase in service load will do little to hamper overall MUL Service capability. Another thing in VW's favor is the annual service interval for its cars. Yet another is VW's deep cash pockets to aide in MUL's expansion of its services.

It's only logical to assume that VW India will lean heavily on MUL for the short term while gradually expanding its own network over time.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am not a technical expert, but I think VW equipment is far complex and advanced than Suzuki ones. Would the Maruti service centers be able to accommodate this complexity?
Old 8th February 2010, 16:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I don't think so because has not brought shares in Maruti Suzuki,they have bought the shares of Suzuki only. Maruti might not take this risk since their dealers itself might run full with maruti cars.
although i doubt VW would go to maruti for service, it's not an improbable situation. look at tata and fiat. they're managing just fine, inspite of the punto and the indica fighting for eyeballs. eventually i think these aspects of service would need to be consolidated for better rationalization of costs.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:21   #12
BHPian

If you take the JD Power Customer Service Index survey as a measure of satisfaction with a-s-s, then for USA, these were the ratings in 2009 :

J.D.Power and Associates - Press Release

VW was 5th from the bottom, with Kia, Mazda, Nissan and Suzuki rated worse than it.

In the UK, the Ownership Satisfaction Survey results for 2009 were :

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2009101

VW was well above average, while still having a 3rd of all brands sold in the UK above it.

In Germany, the Vehicle Ownership Satisfaction Study results for 2009 were :

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2009116

VW was just below average.

Last edited by FourWheelDrift : 8th February 2010 at 21:30.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

VW has no great credentials in terms of quality and A.S.S., at least in the matured auto markets. In our poor country where even Toyota and Honda are luxury brands, even VW started off with 10 lakh plus cars. Let's see how they hold up in the small car market, especially if they are going to face Maruti/Hyundai in their own game. Maruti may not want to compete, but VW has a long way to go I guess to be at that level.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
If you take the JD Power Customer Service Index survey as a measure of satisfaction with a-s-s, then for USA, these were the ratings in 2009 :

VW was 5th from the bottom, with Kia, Mazda, Nissan and Suzuki rated worse than it.

In the UK, the Ownership Satisfaction Survey results for 2009 were :

VW was well above average, while still having a 3rd of all brands sold in the UK above it.

In Germany, the Vehicle Ownership Satisfaction Study results for 2009 were :

VW was just below average.
How does Skoda fare in these markets? How do they fare vis-a-vis VW? That would be an interesting statistics to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
... especially if they are going to face Maruti/Hyundai in their own game. Maruti may not want to compete, but VW has a long way to go I guess to be at that level.
, Maruti is legendary when it comes to A.S.S. VW would find it tough to compete with Maruti/Hyundai.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:50   #15
BHPian

I think VW should stick to Skoda A.S.S, this way they could ensure proper service to their customers..

Also this would give quite a good indication of what is in store for the customer when they purchase a VW vehicle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks