Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 13:13   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
I can understand your grudge against India but if you look around, all countries have similar policies so aren't any better either.

Finally, Tata have already announced BS4 variant for all models and will continue to be released as production batches commence.
Akilesh, I wish India ONLY to become a better ethically civilized place and showing Fairness is obligatory for Indian companies in their business practices in India. Businessmen of India should not become another Liability like Politicians of India. India cannot afford. I cannot afford to have grudge against India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Harimakesh, If Tata had released only the lowest Safari model with BS-4, and not the the top end model, would you have called it Sicker ? or Would you have called it brilliant ?

I dont see any logic in your criticism.
My comments were emanating from TATA's choice of Price announcement for ONLY top end VX BS4 version. Even if TATA takes few months to bring LX and EX in BS4 why no PRICE announcement for the lower variants? What can be the LOGIC?

I wish TATA live upto much claimed business ethics thick and thin all the times not becoming vulnerable to pockets of opportunities of unethical short time prosperities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
It just clicked, TATA is releasing the highest VX model in April because they already have it in place and ready to roll, shipped to Spain and Italy. They sell only the VX 4x4 there, IIRC. therefore its a no brainer why only VX.
I wish to believe this and give a clean chit to TATA. But TATA's choice of not EVEN announcing Prices for Lower variant doesnot support.
Old 14th February 2010, 15:47   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
harimakesh : .. why no PRICE announcement for the lower variants? What can be the LOGIC?
Why do you want them to announce a price for a product that they have not even announced ?

They are ready with the VX variant, and they have announced the price. When they are ready with the lower variants, they will announce the price of those too. Not product without a price or price without a product.
Old 14th February 2010, 16:13   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Why do you want them to announce a price for a product that they have not even announced ?

They are ready with the VX variant, and they have announced the price. When they are ready with the lower variants, they will announce the price of those too. Not product without a price or price without a product.
IIRC BS4 is essentially with the EGR valve with water cooling. The costs for switching from BS3 to BS4 for all variants must be constant.

Why TATA chose only to announce price for VX alone?? when costs/ Modifications are same for VX /EX/LX .

IS there any variant select BS4 technology that TATA is implementing??
Old 14th February 2010, 17:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
IIRC BS4 is essentially with the EGR valve with water cooling. The costs for switching from BS3 to BS4 for all variants must be constant.

Why TATA chose only to announce price for VX alone?? when costs/ Modifications are same for VX /EX/LX .

I can't figure out what your contention is? Do you have inside information about BS4 not being offered on the other variants post 1st April?

If not, IMHO, you are unnecessarily derailing this thread. No offense
Old 25th February 2010, 16:22   #95
BHPian

Well I feel that the VX variant was hit with the introduciton of GX. I dont have the sales figures to prove it but it is more of an experential understanding.

From my experience I have seen whenever I go to a showroom and ask for VX, sales executives are taken aback, maybe because the perceived VFM is higher amongst potential buyers.

In addition to Dadu's point, I believe this could a tactic to push the sales of VX (Better magins) before bringing it in other variants.

OT: I liked the all beige leather interiors of the VX in its earlier avatar. The new interiors does induce a feeling of sportiness but constricts the feeling of space.

In anycase sportiness is not of the qualities of the safari, it is meant to be driven and ridden like a king. How many kings do you know who are olympic atheletes? (MAK Pataudi does not count ). Only king which is sporty is perhaps the Cayenne.

Best,
fatboyslim
Old 25th February 2010, 18:10   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

One point that seems to have been overlooked is that TM will have to get in BS-IV models across ALL it's models by the same date : April 1. Launching only the VX in BS-IV is quite natural, since the VX is the top end of their Flag-ship model in India. Having launched the best of their best in BS-IV, they now would be looking to completing all required tasks to make the rest of their models in BS-IV in the one month that is remaining. And this is while they still continue to manage sales & service for their BS-III models across the rest of the country.

Logistics is never easy.

@FatboySlim, I wont be surprised with the numbers - GX should sell more than the VX. It will draw customers from both the VX and the EX models. I too would chose the GX over the VX.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:00   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post

Clear the stocks is only major reason what i can think of.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:59   #98
R_R
BHPian

All versions of the 2010 Safari must be close to release: the website no longer gives prices. Simply says that new prices are on the way. Assuming it means that all BS 4 versions are on the way.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Just was going through the brochure, didn't understand whats the so called "ferrari silver" sump guard..
Old 1st March 2010, 12:38   #100
BHPian

If Safari is going to stick with the old engine, I don't think it is going to impress anyone. Safari needs to change the way it looks, sounds etc if they want to do well here.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:26   #101
BHPian

I personally feel the Safari is a great SUV. As its relatively cheaper to other SUVs, its a good buy. But yes, the web site does not display price. Its looks are questionable however.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:05   #102
BHPian

Hi all,

can anyone tell me whats the benefit of having a BS 4 under the hood? The price difference is near about a lac.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:14   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
Hi all,

can anyone tell me whats the benefit of having a BS 4 under the hood? The price difference is near about a lac.
Lower emissions.

Besides, only BS IV certified vehicles can be sold in 13 cities (Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad, Kanpur, Agra, Solapur and Lucknow) from April 1, 2010. This affects all new car sales in these cities.

Since you are in Kolkata, you can buy and register only BS IV certified vehicles after April 1. Refer to the BS IV specific threads on TBHP for further information
Old 15th March 2010, 19:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
whats the benefit of having a BS 4 under the hood
Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Lower emissions.
+1 and at least in theory, slightly better fuel efficiency (due to improved combustion).

-BJ
Old 15th March 2010, 20:40   #105
A.R
BHPian

Prices are available for BS3 and BS4 (VX) Safari models. The difference between BS3 & BS4 is approx 26k.

Models4 X 24 X 4Safari DICOR 2.2 LX BS 3Rs. 771,521N.A.Safari DICOR 2.2 EX BS 3Rs. 898,300Rs. 986,366Safari DICOR 2.2 GX BS 3Rs. 985,161Rs. 1,078,185Safari DICOR 2.2 VX BS 3Rs. 1,099,867Rs. 1,192,170Safari DICOR 2.2 VX BS 4Rs. 1,125,885Rs. 1,218,189

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks