Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:30   #61
BHPian

Temperature gauge is there till now….
Old 8th February 2010, 16:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Pics of 2010 Tata Safari VX BS 4. No, the alloys are NOT in chrome, but the same old finish as before.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2010-dsc02142.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02143.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02144.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02145.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02146.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02147.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02148.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02149.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02150.jpg  

Tata Safari 2010-dsc02151.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 17:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
No, the alloys are NOT in chrome, but the same old finish as before.
Thank God for that.
Nothing has changed on the outside,except for the chrome on the grille,ORVMs and below the front bumper.
Is that fake or real wood on the center console?

Last edited by AyAn! : 8th February 2010 at 17:02.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:09   #64
BHPian

Its all same as previous gen safari. Only a Bold BS4 sticker in rear. But looks hot.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well amitk26
im sure with the all current owners of the tata safari when ever they take out the vehicle they always have one thing running the back of their mind.
when will it break down/am i too far from the service center to get it fixed etc.
that aint the case with any other automobile company, you have that certain peace of mind.
please refer the endless list of people with safari problems for more regarding this issue.
This is may not be true. We have a Safari at home which is 10 months old with 24k on the odo. Although there are several quality issues in the vehicle, it has not stopped working. It is used every day and for 50+kms long drives and we use it with confidence.

But the fit and finish, refinement etc,. are bad in Safari when compared to Scorpio.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:17   #66
BHPian

Why no TWO DIN audio, Steering mount controls offered by TATA on their much expensive Safari?

Just Chrome here there and BS4 that's it TATA for 2010 SAFARI
Old 8th February 2010, 17:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
This is may not be true. We have a Safari at home which is 10 months old with 24k on the odo.

But the fit and finish, refinement etc,. are bad in Safari when compared to Scorpio.
Yes Consumer has real delima in Indian Market for 10 lakh SUV , One has to choose between interior fit and finish vs external fit and finish
ABS under 10 lakh vs ride comfirt and handling and peppy gearing for city drive vs short gearing for pulling out of gravel and mud and stability at high speed for highway drive.

I wish if external shell of Safari + Interior finish of scorp + roomy interior of Safari + ABS + suspension of Safari + Gizmos of Scorpio + thoughtful little features in Safari + Bosch injectors were available in a single package in same price bracket.

Can someone break this duo-poly in sub 10 lakh SUV market ?

Force is hopeless for years , Sonalika and Premier were false starts.
Hyndai overpriced themselves and failed miserably , Maruti does not have a big diesel engine and any inclination to localize Vitara and price it right.
Rest everyone is in next price bracket so just choose what fits your need best out of these 2.

Kind of Canon vs Nikon situation in India
Old 8th February 2010, 18:12   #68
BHPian

"I wish if external shell of Safari + Interior finish of scorp + roomy interior of Safari + ABS + suspension of Safari + Gizmos of Scorpio + thoughtful little features in Safari + Bosch injectors were available in a single package in same price bracket. "
-------------------------
Yes we want the above config.
---------------------------

"Can someone break this duo-poly in sub 10 lakh SUV market ?"
----------------------------
I completly agree the duo-poly of these two company. Hope for the best may be Sonalika and Premier may hit that bracket with huge success.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:25   #69
BHPian

EVEN at 10Lakh Price band the Problem with TATA and M&M is they OFTEN give what they DECIDE and NOT what the MARKET NEEDS

ONLY 100% Indigeneous Indian company can offer a true Reliable ,Feature filled VFM Practical SUV for Indians.

OFF Topic:

GOD please send some Indian Visionary Industrialist SOON with a great deal of Emphathy for Indian consumers/ market while designing the IDEAL INDIAN 9-10 lakhs SUV with 4x4 and mandatory safety features ABS & Airbags included.

Last edited by harimakesh : 8th February 2010 at 18:27.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

I wish if external shell of Safari + Interior finish of scorp + roomy interior of Safari + ABS + suspension of Safari + Gizmos of Scorpio + thoughtful little features in Safari + Bosch injectors were available in a single package in same price bracket.

I would rather take the suspension from the Scorpio. Safari handles/brakes like a boat in comparison to the new scorpio (although scorpio too is nothing to write home about).

Add the front facing third row.

Tata has really got to throw the Safari away. It has never done any good for the company, other than posed for nice commercials.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:23   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree that both Scorpio and Safari are compromises since nothing better is available at the price range. However, both these platforms are pushing 10 years and hopefully our desi duo have learned and the next generation of these vehicles will be a much better package..
Old 8th February 2010, 23:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I agree that both Scorpio and Safari are compromises since nothing better is available at the price range. However, both these platforms are pushing 10 years and hopefully our desi duo have learned and the next generation of these vehicles will be a much better package..
Yes..Hope for the Best. As "ARIA" already came from TATA much advance from "SAFARI".
The next Gen "SCORPIO" due from M&M.
Its good that they improve gradually,but not sure when (May be after 25 yrs ) they can match the reliability of TOYOTA.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:37   #73
BHPian

That chrome covered mirror seems to work as well when it's closed as when it's open!
Old 9th February 2010, 13:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I would rather take the suspension from the Scorpio. Safari handles/brakes like a boat in comparison to the new scorpio (although scorpio too is nothing to write home about).

Add the front facing third row.

Tata has really got to throw the Safari away. It has never done any good for the company, other than posed for nice commercials.
An amusing comment but each to his own.

Though this is not a comparison thread ,my personal experience is entirely different. I did extensive multiple days back to back testing on Safari 2.2 and Scorpio. I find the latest greatest Scorpio mHwack like a boat specially on broken undulating roads as compared to Safari.
This is the single biggest negative in Scorpio. ( Egronomics and general vibrations here and there are few more )
Gearing of Scorpio is good for signal to signal racing but a disadvantage in pulling on gravel.
Old 9th February 2010, 14:52   #75
BHPian

I got the onroad price for the Safari 2010 model and also the list of changes for the interiors.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SAFARI DICOR -MFL @14% DIESEL1.doc (248.0 KB, 1103 views)

Most Viewed