Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 14:46   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For someone who didn't even have a to-be-launched car on tuesday (Eeco was unveiled only later in the week), Maruti sure had a fantastic showcasing effort. Lots of cool stuff to keep you busy.....and a long list of eye-candy too (both kinds ). The Maruti pavilion was easily one of the most "fun to be" places at the Expo. Are Hyundai, Honda and Toyota listening?

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Eeco's pricing. Knowing Maruti, I knew it'd be a VFM price tag. But so much? Man! The people mover is cheap.
Regarding Eye Candy (of both kinds) Toyota and Fiat did quite a good job, So am sure they had heard you way before you mentioned it. . The mod jobs of Honda were much better in Quality than that of MSIL.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:28   #107
BHPian

I have already made up my mind to have a serious thought about this Eeco, mainly for the price tag. But it depends a lot on the distance range they will manage when this car actually gets on to the road.

Now I think Reva will have no other option to come down on their price or move out of the competition.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:40   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
eagerly waiting for Swift, Alto and WagonR release with K series engine.
This might just not happen. If the Eeco is running a tweaked G series engine, they might just tweak the F series motor of the Alto to meet E IV norms. I don't think they would want to hike the Alto's price by putting the K series unit in it unless they find out some novel ways to maintain the current price tag . The price point is the single largest factor why the Alto is selling 22000 units a month. Sure we will have a slightly revised WagonR soon(before April 2010) but it remains to be seen whether the K series unit will be powering it. As for the Swift, well its quite difficult to predict that now, seeing what they have done with the Eeco.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
This might just not happen. If the Eeco is running a tweaked G series engine, they might just tweak the F series motor of the Alto to meet E IV norms. I don't think they would want to hike the Alto's price by putting the K series unit in it unless they find out some novel ways to maintain the current price tag . The price point is the single largest factor why the Alto is selling 22000 units a month. Sure we will have a slightly revised WagonR soon(before April 2010) but it remains to be seen whether the K series unit will be powering it. As for the Swift, well its quite difficult to predict that now, seeing what they have done with the Eeco.
BS motoring is already speculating that the Wagon R will get the modified G series instead of K series while commenting about the Eeco's engine.

"BSM staffer Rohin Nagrani adds that this engine is likely to be fitted into the Wagon R instead of giving it the new K-series motor."

Link - Maruti launches Eeco MPV | Maruti launches Eeco MPV prices | Maruti launches Eeco MPV reviews | Maruti launches Eeco MPV features | Maruti launches Eeco MPV photos | BS Motoring
Old 8th January 2010, 18:15   #110
Senior - BHPian

What happened to all the news about the YE3 and YR9 being displayed at the Expo? I was looking forward to this.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:20   #111
BHPian

Heard that MAL is launching an suv? true??
Old 11th January 2010, 10:00   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnibu View Post
Heard that MAL is launching an suv? true??
Sorry what is MAL (Is it Mahindra Auto Ltd?).
Old 11th January 2010, 11:36   #113
BHPian

Maruti to bring new variants of WagonR,Alto and Swift..at cheaper price than current ones??

Maruti to bring new variants of Alto, WagonR & Swift- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 11th January 2010, 12:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

This is rally sad they are making more of plastic cars.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:20   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Maruti to bring new variants of WagonR,Alto and Swift..at cheaper price than current ones??

Maruti to bring new variants of Alto, WagonR & Swift- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
As mentioned in this news it is likely that Swift may be launched with a k-series engine. That seems to be true again as I received a 2010 calendar from Maruti-Suzuki (along with a copy of the new Overdrive mag) where in they have added Swift and DZire in the gang of Estilo, A-Star & Ritz under the heading "POWERED BY THE REVOLUTIONARY K-Series Engines". I am wondering why Swift & DZire...

Cheers,
Yogesh
Old 11th January 2010, 23:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have been pleasantly surprised with the Eeco's pricing. Knowing Maruti, I knew it'd be a VFM price tag. But so much? Man! The people mover is cheap.
hmm...imagine all aluminum ,16V ,4 cyl engine + RWD +5speed manual+ 900kg body for 2.5 lakhs. Now VW wants 6.5 for a cast iron 3 cylinder.
Old 12th January 2010, 00:33   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
hmm...imagine all aluminum ,16V ,4 cyl engine + RWD +5speed manual+ 900kg body for 2.5 lakhs. Now VW wants 6.5 for a cast iron 3 cylinder.
This is a "Statement" to be sent to VW.
Old 12th January 2010, 02:47   #118
BHPian

saw eeco on road today....
i guess it was being delivered to a showroom cuz a new alto was behind it. 1.2 ltr @ 2.59L ..... not bad imo.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti at the Auto Expo 2010!-20100111_001.jpg  

Old 12th January 2010, 09:50   #119
BHPian

The Eeco is a great move to regain lost volumes by suzuki.
Any word on when the Kizashi will hit the roads & what its going to cost. I honestly don't think anyone would pay more than 13L for a Suzuki irrespective of the kit level in the car, they should take a cue from the pricing of the Cruze
Old 12th January 2010, 10:59   #120
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2010 at 17:02.
a2k24 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks