Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 20:06   #136
BHPian

As per all spy shots posted in this thread, it is almost clear that there is no big change in exterior like “All New’ type.

But no one is talking about interiors…….
What about flat floor at rear?? This will be a very important change to improve rear seat comfort for 3 persons.

Shouldn’t we expect new a totally new dash board??
Old 27th February 2010, 10:24   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Not sure if following pics are already posted in this form, today came across these pics as 2010 WagonR spy pics clicked in India!!

Source: burnyourfuel.com

Can some one having reliable sources in Maruti confirm if this is the one?
I wont be shocked to see something like this from Maruti though I wish they launch gen. 4 Waggy here.
This is not the new Wagon R.Confirmed.
The New Wagon R is this :
Attached Images

Old 27th February 2010, 10:37   #138
Senior - BHPian

This looks el crapo. I really hope the change the grille and bumpers if this is the one going to be launched here. Maruti is very fond of getting old dyes from Japan and dumping them here. I'd rather have the current gen WagonR than the white one posted above. That said a new chassis increases the costs substantially. My vote goes for the blue one rather the the white one above though the 4th gen WagonR is what we would really love to have.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling that there are going to be two WagonR's. The blue one posted earlier with the K10B motor and the white one above with the G12 from the Eeco.

Last edited by longhorn : 27th February 2010 at 10:44.
Old 27th February 2010, 11:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
This is not the new Wagon R.Confirmed.
The New Wagon R is this :
Thats 3rd gen. waggy and what we currenty have is 2nd gen.

I'm still not convinced as ACI spy pic does not have quater glass but overall shape is exactly same as the current one.

@ longhorn , yeah looks like there will be 2 WagonR's, the white one above will be called "New Wagon-R" and the blue one posted earlier a "All New name"???
Old 27th February 2010, 12:11   #140
Senior - BHPian

They could be bringing in the 3rd gen WagonR with some redesigning done to the grille, bonnet, fenders and tailgate as the all new WagonR. The white one might end up looking like the blue one after this reskinning (I'm just speculating here). Hope someone in the know can confirm or deny this. I'm saying this because this is exactly what they did when the MR Wagon came to India as the Zen Estilo. What about the low cost WagonR with the YP3 engine?

Last edited by longhorn : 27th February 2010 at 12:14.
Old 27th February 2010, 12:41   #141
BHPian

My observation is - Maruti may do work on cost cutting of current WagonR, bring in 1 ltr KB series engine and price it cheaper to maintain the current volumes. Maruti is interestd more on number game than quality products, they know that the moment they miss this or lead the game with little numbers, pepole start more look for other manufactures.
Old 27th February 2010, 14:31   #142
BHPian

The 3rd gen WagonR is too boxy to be considered to be similar looking to any of the spy pics which have surfaced so far (the ACI spy pic has similarities to the 4th gen.).Also the present WagonR looks much better than this.

I kinda agree with romeomidhun on the fact that the new WagonR could very well be a facelifted version of the current one with out the rear quarter glass.
Old 27th February 2010, 15:16   #143
BHPian

Is it really necessary for another Wagon R?. As it is there is enough models from the maruti stable to confuse the consumer. We would have one less ugly contraption from the Maruti if they decide to scrap the model
Old 27th February 2010, 19:36   #144
BHPian

i don't think that above posted pic is car which will come in india. some spy shots of facelifted wagonr are already printed there in some mags. if above one ever comes, it'll take some time and definitely not before euro 4 forces in.
Old 27th February 2010, 19:50   #145
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the white one would come here. I would like more of the blue car.
White looks similar to the one offered now except for the headlights and grill.

Waiting for it to be launched as it would replace the most practical hatch in the country.
Old 27th February 2010, 20:35   #146
Senior - BHPian

Strictly from Visual Appeal, it's going down the scale. That is just my opinion. No offence to Wagon R owners.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:40   #147

These are the pic's of 2009 japanease WAGON R .Rear seats are sliding offering options for maximum boot space and rear legroom
Attached Thumbnails
New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr3.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr4.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr5.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr6.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr8.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr9.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr12.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr13.jpg  

New Wagon R-suzukiwagonr14.jpg  

Old 28th February 2010, 07:32   #148
Senior - BHPian

Thank you speciesparag. The features look really cool. I doubt they would be able to place the manual shift stick in the console as shown.
But the sliding rear is lovely. I know they are a kind of unsafe but it gives us a lot of options like the magic seats of the Jazz. Will surely buy this if it comes to India.

Looks go out of the window when functionality is at its best. The black looks stunning

The engine specs are rather disappointing in the Suzuki Japan website. 54BHP and 64NM torque. The F.E seems very good but I think the car should have the engine from EECO.

The wheelbase has been increased to 2400mm which will provide much needed space inside the car. The height is shortened and the width is retained. All these are speculations from the numbers representing its Indian Counterpart.

Found those in Suzuki Japan website.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st March 2010 at 17:27.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:40   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Not sure if following pics are already posted in this form, today came across these pics as 2010 WagonR spy pics clicked in India!!

Source: burnyourfuel.com

Can some one having reliable sources in Maruti confirm if this is the one?
I wont be shocked to see something like this from Maruti though I wish they launch gen. 4 Waggy here.
If March issue of ACI is to be believed this is gonna be the new Wagon R to be launched in April. Also hey have said that new WagonR is gonna get the 1.2K series engine and Alto is gonna get the 1liter K engine. There have been some rumors here about a YP or something engine for the Alto, what about that?

And think about this, Maruti's performance hatch aka Swift sharing the engine with WagonR
Old 28th February 2010, 10:25   #150
BHPian

All the pics of the WagonR in the thread have been outright emetic to say the least, except the ones posted by speciesparag. But, i'm doubtful they'll sell this particular model in India. Suzuki likes to treat our country like the Guinea for older models, selling models way way past their primes.
I really hope they launch the MKIV if they must. Like someone in this forum said.. more box per car!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks