Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 14:16   #151
BHPian

When I purchased my Car Wagon R almost 4 years back, I had done the same mistake. That time I did not like the look of Swift. But still my wife and myself had almost zeroed on Swift.

But My thought process about the resale value went wrong that time . I had thought like , no common car purchaser who are in the used car market between 2.5L to 4L will like swift LOOK and because of this I had purchased
the WagonR VXI.

WagonR is really good car indeed and IMO it is suitable for long drive with four adults on board with luggage + AC on, and suspension and gear shifting is not that great.

Now , whenever the swift crosses US, I used tell to my wife that , I should have purchased swift rather than Wagon R.

So WHO KNOWS, DOWN THE LINE, PEOPLE MAY START LIKING THE REAR LOOKS (THOUGH IT IS DONG GOOD NUMBERS OF 6K UNITS) AND THE SAME KIND OF DISCUSSION MAY HAPPEN INSIDE EACH SWIFT CAR , WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING BETWEEN MY SELF AND MY WIFE SINCE 3 YEARS.

My 2 cents.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:24   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
So WHO KNOWS, DOWN THE LINE, PEOPLE MAY START LIKING THE REAR LOOKS (THOUGH IT IS DONG GOOD NUMBERS OF 6K UNITS) AND THE SAME KIND OF DISCUSSION MAY HAPPEN INSIDE EACH SWIFT CAR , WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING BETWEEN MY SELF AND MY WIFE SINCE 3 YEARS.

My 2 cents.
absolutely, after initial hiccups from many people who didnt liked the rear end looks ended up buying ritz too, as gradually one starts accepting the looks to performance, satisfaction and drivebility from one's car, which Ritz has successfully achieved.
Old 26th November 2009, 18:58   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
When I purchased my Car Wagon R almost 4 years back, I had done the same mistake. That time I did not like the look of Swift. But still my wife and myself had almost zeroed on Swift.

But My thought process about the resale value went wrong that time . I had thought like , no common car purchaser who are in the used car market between 2.5L to 4L will like swift LOOK and because of this I had purchased
the WagonR VXI.

WagonR is really good car indeed and IMO it is suitable for long drive with four adults on board with luggage + AC on, and suspension and gear shifting is not that great.

Now , whenever the swift crosses US, I used tell to my wife that , I should have purchased swift rather than Wagon R.

My 2 cents.
The same story may or may not repeated for Ritz. In the past there were very limited choices (Swift, Getz) for premium hatch if one want to buy and Swift went on selling good numbers because of VFM, Maruti Tag and fun to drive factors. Now things changed and people also started looking beyond Maruti and one has more options to choose now i20, Punto, VW Polo, TATA Vista, Jazz and Fabia.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:15   #154
BHPian

The Swift's (especially DDIS) perception has been so strong in the Indian Market that I guess it has percolated the minds of the Indian Janta and they take it to be a CANT GO WRONG Product. And they do not want to go Wrong with the Ritz DDIS (and its Weird Rear adds to the Anti Factor).
Old 26th November 2009, 22:18   #155
SLK
Senior - BHPian

all I can say is, in today's 73km drive I saw 5 ritz. Yes I counted, 4 Diesel and 1 petrol.

I'm not saying diesel is selling more, but com'on people don't speculate!
Old 27th November 2009, 10:50   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Hi Guys,
@ dezpo, eMGee, jvk84, renegade1972
Nobody here is saying that Ritz is not a good vehicle or does not give good FE. The point of discussion is " Why is RITZ DDIS not a hot Selling car?" (thankfully title has been edited)
All this is based on frequent discount advertisements we see in newspapers - and that too only for DDIS.
Well, I replied so that there is some reference data when we compare petrol vs diesel Ritz. And it's just that!
Old 27th November 2009, 11:11   #157
BHPian

i went to Bimal yesterday to test drive the Ritz diesel just out of curiosity. They said Swift DDIS has 3 months waiting, but immediate delivery for Ritz DDIS. i could not believe that. And the sales lady told me they have ALL colors available with them in their stockyard.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:48   #158
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i would simply say, look at the top end diesel RItz and compare it to the top end diesel Punto or i20 D you get less features compared to them.

and that i think is the reason if its selling less...

cheers,
ac
Old 27th November 2009, 12:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

More discounts

Saw this on a newspaper yesterday. Its almost 35000 discount for Ritz Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-26_11_2009_001_030.jpg  

Old 27th November 2009, 12:27   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
i would simply say, look at the top end diesel RItz and compare it to the top end diesel Punto or i20 D you get less features compared to them.

and that i think is the reason if its selling less...

cheers,
ac
How can you compare features in Punto/i20 with Ritz. You get a top-end Ritz(Vdi/ABS) for the price lower than the Punto dynamic variant, while you can't go anywhere near the i20 diesel with that kind of money.

Last edited by harishnair : 27th November 2009 at 12:30.
Old 27th November 2009, 12:54   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Saw this on a newspaper yesterday. Its almost 35000 discount for Ritz Diesel.
50,000 discount for SX4! Doesn't it mean that even the engine change and face-lift have not helped SX4? Maruti, please understand the market need for a Diesel SX4!
Old 27th November 2009, 14:19   #162
BHPian

I haven't checked with a dealer, but I don't think it is a real/flat discount, probably the actual discount for a normal buyer might be to the tune of 10,000 cash discount + free insurance. The discount calculation from them is probably including corporate discount, exchange bonus, loan payout, loyalty bonus etc which doesn't work for everyone.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:55   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
My Ritz Vxi is giving 13 KMPL with full AC in Bangalore. Any one owns diesel post the milage figures to find really only the small difference in milage between diesel and petrol is the cause for poor Ritz D sales
My Ritz LDi gives me 18 KMPL (100% AC on) in Bangalore traffic and 23 KMPL (100% AC on) on highways.

A 35 litres refill yields around 680 kms in city conditions.

In addition to the above, i have clocked 11500+ kms in 6 months, mostly driven on highways. Savings of approx 12000 rupees over a span of 6 months.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:34   #164
BHPian

To me "Hot Selling" is a relative term! What is the bench mark? or cut off to be considerd as hot selling? No body knows.. As per the data appeared some where in this forum in the month of Nov 2009 first five top selling cars in the segment are -
1. Maruti Swift - 9645
2. Indica and Vista - 9111
3. Maruti Ritz - 4851
4. i20 - 3582
5. Fiat GP - 1153
If the statictics talks then it is selling fairly well despite its 'Look', considering the selling numbers of other cars - Palio (1), Fusion (15), Getz (226), UVA (524), Jazz (546), Fabia (598), and the presence of big brother Swift in the same segment.
I got delivery of my Ritz vdi this 14th, and after driving around 700 km, I have no regret about my decision - I would say just drive it and you'll never want to drive a petrol car, fantastic torque/pulling power. Kudos to Maruti.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:38   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruns View Post
My Ritz LDi gives me 18 KMPL (100% AC on) in Bangalore traffic and 23 KMPL (100% AC on) on highways.

A 35 litres refill yields around 680 kms in city conditions.

In addition to the above, i have clocked 11500+ kms in 6 months, mostly driven on highways. Savings of approx 12000 rupees over a span of 6 months.
Thats some amazing figures. I guess with this kind of savings, one can definitely break even the premium paid for a diesel much earlier. This would also make diesel a better option for city drives too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks