Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 14:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Sahil can I have my Father & Mother (most needed) meet your Father? Its been 11 years and they still don't budge and being a car nut it is killing me.

Fortunately for me my father does have a fondness for nice wheels deep inside. He looks forward to his next purchase but thats only after I push him with a few reviews to read, some nice photos and of course some good figures on our balance sheet to prove my case in point
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 18:45   #62
BHPian

My fav car was a European Fiesta hatchback 2004 2 door 2 liter sports model that I had when I was in South Africa.
Old 4th November 2009, 20:43   #63
BHPian

Hey Guys any RD-350 fanatics out here . Used to own one a long time back,,, still long for it, man. It used to give a royal mileage of 18-20 kpl when in good tune but there's just no bike quite like it on the roads today. It's specs, just to refresh your memories--- 30.5 bhp, twin cylinder, twin mikunis, Reed valve Torque Induction (also found in in the younger sister - RX100) a tacho and a speedo, six speed gearbox ...... al this in the Eighties man. Just for comparision... Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSI is a pedestrian 21 bhp!!
Old 4th November 2009, 21:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Hey Guys any RD-350 fanatics out here
There are quite a lot of them around. In fact there was a recent rd re build thread somewhere around.

Will pm you the link.
Old 5th November 2009, 02:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

All time Favourite --- Esteem Vxi---Hard revving Engine.just awesome even after driving Skoda's and Ford's.
Old 5th November 2009, 04:17   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The C180 was special in it's own way because it was the family's first Mercedes. When the E-class was launched in early 90's I remember going to the Tata/MB showroom in Worli with my father to have a look at it and get the brouchers etc. We could afford it then too but my father just couldn't digest the concept of paying so much money for a car back then. It took him a decade more to finally decide he is ready to climb on the luxury car bandwagon. The C gave us it's share of nightmares but when it came home it was special alright, the only car till date that my father himself came to the showroom to take delivery. It meant a lot when we got it.
I know that feeling. The E was the same for us. That was the only time my father went to take delivery as well. The other cars were either picked up by the driver or the dealership people came home to deliver it.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:26   #67
OEM
BHPian

Any miss the Zen of yore? I do...very badly

Mine was a 1996 model sold two years back and regret the action almost everyday...heck I learnt driving on it.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

FIAT UNO 1.7D ELX. Faithful, ultra-reliable and frugal workhorse. I dropped a tear when i saw it being taken away by the used car dealer.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

My favourites in chronological order are my(our) Lambretta. Bought in the 60s by my father before I came into the picture and sold off by my father after I was again out of the picture (bought my first car). The other favourite vehicle is my 1998 Honda city 1.3 Exi which I sold off in 2008(Multiple organ failure).
Old 6th November 2009, 18:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
FIAT UNO 1.7D ELX. Faithful, ultra-reliable and frugal workhorse. I dropped a tear when i saw it being taken away by the used car dealer.
This at a point of time was an all time fav at college and Coimbatore was the place where I used to see them the most.
Old 22nd November 2019, 14:24   #71
BHPian

Re: Favourite vehicle that you have owned?

Premier Padmini - I love the roar of the engine
Maruti 800 - Small and cute
Maruti Stingray - Handsome tallboy
Old 24th November 2019, 08:41   #72

Maruti Omni (1984)- Ours was the among the first 100 cars produced by Maruti Udyog Limited in their first year. Have such fond memories of all the road trips my dad took us on.

Maruti Wagon-R - (2000) Again it was among the first few cars produced in India. I got it the same month I finished my graduation and had started my internship. Fond memories of with friends.

Santro xing - (2003) Loved the design and the refinement levels as compared to the Wagon R , which the Santro Xing replaced.

Hyundai Getz -(2005) For the powerful engine.

Hyundai Verna -Fluidic (2012) - Design, the amazingly smooth and powerful 1.6 L petrol. Also a host of then first in class features such as auto dimming RVM, bluetooth connectivity , airbags to name a few.

Hyundai Creta SX Petrol (2016) - Loved it the moment I saw it for its SUVish stance and better handling and ride quality as compared with the Verna.

BMW X1 - Xline (2018) - In my opinion the current X1 offers more value for money in terms of engine capabilities, cabin space and is a more driver's car when I compared to the competition (Q3, GLA). I find the twin turbo addictive.
Old 26th November 2019, 12:56   #73
BHPian

My 2013 Audi Q5 3.0TDI would qualify the slot I guess. The powerful 3L diesel is a gem of a motor, offering seamless power at any rpm in sport mode. Added to this is its reliability factor. Having clocked 54,000kms in 6 years, the car still runs like new and is a pleasure to drive, be it in the city or the highways. Periodic servicing is all that has been done to the car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks