GM to showcase six production and concept vehicles:
- Volt
- Camaro
- WTCC Cruze

- Captiva Extreme
- Spark Electric
- Aveo CNG

Source: GM Press Release
wow GM in full fledge, good to see their participation which would not only let many indians do believe in their products either then spark.
Any such participation from maruti and hyundai as well or just few replacements of current ones.
Old 20th December 2009, 14:16   #137
BHPian

Auto Expo- 2010 Vintange & Classic Automobile Display

The Heritage Motoring Club of India will be exclusively participating in the 10th Auto Expo 2010, January 5-11, 2010 with an unparalleled display of 90 vintage and classic autos, providing you seven full days of classic autos! The display will be spread in area of over 20,000 sq.ft.

We will be showcasing the best restored thoroughbred classics as also rare, exotic, iconic and popular models of classic automobiles from 1920-1970 with the objective of creating greater understanding and appreciation of our passion.

The HMCI is the sole institution that has participated in each of the past four Auto Expos of 2002, 2004 ,2006 and 2008. The quality of our participation in Auto Expo 2010, is likely to be far better than our efforts in the previous Auto Expo's.

Apart from the Classic cars and bikes, we will have on display a Automotive Fine Arts Exhibition - Paintings, Sketches and Automobilia by renowned masters will be on display at our Pavilion.

Any one interested in display of well restored classic car or motorcylce manufactured before 1970 may contact : sbjatti@gmail.com.

Participants wanting to display their vehicle must provide not later than 28th December, name, model and description of the car/motorcylce including correct history and interesting details about the car and the owners full name. Detailed terms and conditions for display will be e-mailed to those who send the details of their vehicles as outlined above.

The selection of vehicles will be at the sole discretion of the Governing Body of HMCI.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:51   #138
Senior - BHPian

Honda plans to showcase their new small car concept to the world at the Delhi Auto Expo 2010. Info on that and more details on other exhibits from Honda in the official press release below :

Quote:

New Delhi, December 21: Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) today announced its plans for a World Premier of the “Honda New Small Concept” at the 10th Auto Expo 2010 to be held in New Delhi starting from 5th January 2010.

Honda New Small Concept is a concept model of a new small-sized vehicle which Honda is currently developing especially for India and other emerging nations.

In addition to the Honda New Small Concept, Honda will also exhibit the CR-Z Concept 2009, a concept model for a new hybrid model, which was unveiled for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2009.

With the booth concept of “Inspired by Dynamism - Truly Honda by Nature”, Honda will express its relentless dynamism to create cutting edge technologies and its commitment to protect the environment for future generations. True to its nature of challenging spirit and bringing together the seemingly incongruous ends, Honda will bring alive the theme of its booth through an attractive range of displays.

Honda will personify Human Dynamism in the form of the much-loved, humanoid Robot, the ASIMO. Besides enthralling the audiences at the Expo with its ability to walk forward and backward, climb stairs, the ASIMO will also show its advanced mobility capabilities through running in a circular pattern.

The special display zone named "Design Corner” will feature a glimpse of the elements involved in designing a car from scratch. This corner will also have contests for visitors where they would be asked to design futuristic cars of their choice.

Adding glamour and spunk to the Honda booth will be the ‘The Jazz Corner’ which will showcase Mugen fitted Honda Jazz in trendy colors.

An exclusive “Engine section” will feature the advances made by Honda in the engine technology realizing both superior power and low fuel consumption. Also on display will be Honda’s commitment to passenger and pedestrian safety through G-CON technology and safety features which come as standard on all Honda cars.

Apart from the new products Honda will also display its current refreshed range of cars which includes City 1.5 V, New Civic, Accord V6 and New CR-V.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:49   #139
Senior - BHPian

Tata to come up with few surprises and concept cars? Yes, if you beleive Tata Motor's MD.

Quote:
When asked if Tata Motors would showcase the product in Delhi Auto Expo next month, Telang said: "We will have surprises in the Expo. We will showcase some concept cars, some ready products. Its too early to talk about it, lets see what we have in Auto Expo."
Ready products would be Xover, the Ace Van and/may be the Safari. What about the concept cars? Nano Europa?

source: Tata Motors to bring in hybrid city buses; development on- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by safari_lover : 21st December 2009 at 15:51.
Old 22nd December 2009, 08:41   #140
BHPian

You can find some pictures of the Honda CRZ Concept that Dippy mentioned in post 138 here:
REPORT: Honda to premiere new small car concept at Delhi Motor Show — Autoblog

I think it looks great!
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:24   #141
BHPian

Guys... just off the topic ...
I was just thinking that all of us BHPians should wear T-BHP t-shirts so that we can spot each other well in the Auto Expo, also it will be a great Advertising of our Forum. Wat Say... ??
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

Audi:
  • All new D4 A8 SWB 4.2 LHD, impala beige pearl effect
  • Q 7 V12 TDi, white
  • R8 5.2
  • existing audi models sold in India
Jaguar
  • XK
  • XF
  • all new XJ (to be confirmed)
Land Rover
  • Freelander 2
  • discovery 4
  • range rover autobiography
Mercedes Benz
  • C 63 AMG
  • E 63 AMG W212
  • S 63 AMG F/L
  • SLK 55 AMG
  • SL 63 AMG
  • CLS 63 AMG
  • SLS 63 AMG GULLWING
  • GL 350 CDI
  • ML 350 CDI
  • C class models
  • S 350, S 500, S 350 cdi facelift, all CKD
  • E 250 CDI, E 250 CGI, E 350, E 350 CDI
BMW
  • X1
  • 760 LI
  • X6 M
  • 550 I GT PAS
  • 650i
  • 5 series
  • 3 series
  • X5
  • X3
  • Z4 S DRIVE 35I
Honda
  • 2CV concept
  • asimo
  • CR-Z hybrid concept
  • city
  • civic
  • accord
  • CR-V
  • jazz
  • mugen customised jazz
  • VTEC motor
  • hybrid IMA motor
Toyota
  • EFC hatch concept
  • EFC sedan concept
  • camry
  • corolla altis
  • fortuner
  • all new prado (to be launched tomorrow)
  • land cruiser 200
  • innova
  • prius
  • avenza (to be confirmed)
  • EFC hatch concept-ETIOS
  • EFC sedan concept-ETIOS
  • FT 86 concept
Volkswagen
  • polo hatch
  • jetta
  • passat
  • beetle
  • touraeg
  • passenger vans like transporter, caravelle etc, facelifted versions.
Fiat
  • Linea T-Jet
  • 500 lounge MJD
  • bravo
  • punto sporting
  • customized puntos
Chevrolet
  • Spark EV, joint effort with reva
  • Aveo CNG
  • Cruze AT
  • Captiva extreme
  • aveo U-VA
  • beat LS, LT
  • tavera
  • spark
  • camaro
  • volt extended range EV
  • WTCC cruze
  • orlando concept
Tata (to be confirmed)
  • indicruz
  • super ace turbo passenger van
  • penguin half ton pickup
  • some nanos
  • new safari
  • indigo manza
  • indica vista with ABS/airbags
  • xenon
  • grande MK2
  • commercial vehicles
Nissan
  • V platform small car
  • 370 Z
  • X trail
  • teana
  • murano
  • NV 200 (to be confirmed)
Hyundai
  • I 10
  • I 20
  • Santa Fe
  • Santro
  • sonata
  • Verna, accent
  • some concepts
Maruti
  • EKO van
  • dozens of A star concepts
  • ritz
  • new swift KB (not yet confirmed)
  • R 3 concept (updated info courtesy ACI)
  • other models sold in India
Ford
  • Figo
  • ikon
  • fiesta
  • endeavour
Skoda
  • yeti
  • fabia greenline
  • laura RS
  • superb
  • fabia combi

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd December 2009 at 13:47. Reason: making requested changes
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats a good list of cars going to comming.What about the commercial vehicles and the two wheelers any idea?
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:05   #144
BHPian

thanks for sharing that list. i read in some blog that tata nano hybrid might be showcased as well.
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:52   #145

Queries : Auto Expo 2010

Hello,

Actually i am in delhi at the moment and plan to stay here till the upcoming auto expo. I have heard that there is lot of crowd during the normal visiting hours.So i was planning to visit it during the business hours. I was wondering if anyone of you'll have any idea as to how i could get business hour passes or special invitee passes?? I have heard that they are not directly available at the ticket counters??I dont mind paying any amount for it.
Please do let me know if any of you have any further info about the same....

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:06   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm looking at the participants list and don't see the following names. Can anyone confirm their presence or absence:

Fiat
Ford
HM
HM Mitsubishi
Nissan
Porsche
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:11   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm looking at the participants list and don't see the following names. Can anyone confirm their presence or absence:

Fiat
Ford
HM
HM Mitsubishi
Nissan
Porsche
HM/Mitsubishi are not participating, nor is porsche/rolls royce.
GTO, Nissan, Fiat and ford list has been put up.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:21   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Maruti
  • EKO van
  • dozens of A star concepts
  • ritz
  • new swift KB (not yet confirmed)
  • other models sold in India
Wow that's a long list.Great work Sid. What about Kizashi and the new Versa? Are they not showcasing them?
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

The name of toyota's small car will be called ETIOS.

Source: SCOOP! Toyota?s new small car - the ETIOS | Autocar India

mods: kindly make changes to the list.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:49   #150
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
HM/Mitsubishi are not participating, nor is porsche/rolls royce.
GTO, Nissan, Fiat and ford list has been put up.
Got it, thanks a ton Sid.

Surprised that HM-Mitsu would miss out on the biggest auto event. You'd think they actually do NOT want to sell cars at all!

Surprising for Porsche too. Especially when you consider all other group companies (VW etc.) are going all out with their display. North India is the biggest luxury car market, and the Auto Expo.....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks