Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 02:40   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPT2625 View Post
Somehow I was thinking that TKML would bring in the 'Tarago' with a diesel motor as the natural successor to the Innova.

Link: Toyota Tarago Home Australia
Tarago is known as "Toyota Previa" in the Asian markets. This when launched in India could cost 16Lac+ and this is exactly the reason why Toyota doesn't launch it here. Also,the Previa is more of a luxury MPV and wont be able to handle the Indian conditions like an Innova which shares its platform with the Hilux and the Fortuner.
Old 3rd December 2010, 03:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Its gotta be the Avanza thats sold in ASEAN countries. Everything else is larger than the Innova. Size wise its between a Versa and a Innova looks like.

Avanza - Overview | Toyota Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Some related news on a possible 2012 launch-

Source- Toyota mulls an MPV between Etios and Innova - The Economic Times
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota’s new MUV for India???-avanza2_1024.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd December 2010 at 03:10.
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its gotta be the Avanza thats sold in ASEAN countries. Everything else is larger than the Innova. Size wise its between a Versa and a Innova looks like.

Avanza - Overview | Toyota Malaysia
Avanza to me looks to be a mix of Innova and Xylo to me. But I find a post saying it will be based on the Etios platform here-

Quote:
Toyota to launch a new MPV

Toyota which already sells the Innova MPV plans to launch another MPV in the segment. Few months back, it was speculated that Toyota would launch the Avanza MPV to India as it built on Innova’s IMV platform. However, Toyota seems to go the other ways. The new MPV which toyota plans will be based on the etios platform. Toyota will launch the etios based MPV in 2012.

“There is a room for another model between Etios and Innova. We are seriously considering it and a study is going on for this,” Toyota Motor Asia Pacific Senior Vice President (Area Operations Division) Vonce S Socco told. “If anything like that (launching the model) happens, it will be in 2012 or after that,” Socco said.
Toyota to launch a new MPV | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

does anyone have an idea of the target price range?
Old 7th December 2010, 17:39   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
does anyone have an idea of the target price range?
I believe it should be priced much lesser than the Innova.
Should start from 7 or 8 lakhs Ex showroom
Old 7th December 2010, 18:50   #111
Senior - BHPian

I have seen Avanza in South Africa. It is much smaller than Innova. If I recall correctly, it does not have a third row.
Also, there it is sold only with petrol engines. I don't think it is sold with diesel engines in any other country. Toyota might have to find a way to fit their 1.4 D4D into this if they want to sell it here. Will they do it?
And I think it is unlikely that they'll modify the design to get it under 4 meters to get additional tax benefits (assuming that they launch it with 1.4 D4D).
Old 7th December 2010, 19:13   #112
Team-BHP Support

This would be the ideal one for family of 5 with large storage. Would definitely eat onto the Cross Overs (Yeti like) by cutting them off on the price. Baring the 4x4, every thing taken in (leaving the styling).

Though we need to wait for the specs.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:17   #113
abk
BHPian

Re: Toyota’s new MUV for India???

This may be a li'l OT but I'd love Toyota to launch their absolutely gorgeous looking MPV x-over Venza. I have seen two of them here in this small town in US & couldn't resist turning my head and gaze at it as long I could. The best looking Toyota vehicle that i've seen so far now. If Venza is launched in India in the top end Aria / Yeti price bracket (in US retails at about $27k) it would quite stir up a hornet's nest in that segment, I imagine. Heck, it might deflect some of the prospective BMW X6 buyers to have a good look at this Toyota beauty

Here is the website

And a screenshot from the official Toyota site:
Toyota’s new MUV for India???-untitled.png
Old 8th December 2010, 14:13   #114
BHPian

Why not this RAV4. It cost around $21k in US. 5/7 Seater. 2/4 WD. 2.5L engine...

Toyota 2011 RAV4

Old 8th December 2010, 15:51   #115
BHPian

It looks like a cross between innova , corrola and LC
Old 10th December 2010, 11:58   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
I was hoping that Toyota might bring the Avanza to India.I read on the internet that its selling like hot cakes in Pakistand and Bangladesh.
I wonder why Toyota wouldnt want to bring that to India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Nice car and I would love to have a car some thing like that. But be aware that this car has a bumpy ride. I had already experienced that.

Avanza only in Petrol, not compliant to Euro4, bumpy ride and greater factor = Under license from Daihatsu!
Old 10th December 2010, 12:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

I think Toyota is realising the possible damage to Innova's sales that could happen when the Maruti R3 MPV is launched.

Good for MUV lovers, competition is always welcome
Old 10th December 2010, 18:35   #118
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This would be the ideal one for family of 5 with large storage. Would definitely eat onto the Cross Overs (Yeti like) by cutting them off on the price. Baring the 4x4, every thing taken in (leaving the styling).

Though we need to wait for the specs.
Avenza with a diesel heart @ 7 Lakhs would be a perfect substitute for the Ford Fusion.
Old 10th December 2010, 20:55   #119
BHPian

As of now TKM doesn't want to bring any new MUV to India, as they are busy with Etios launch which will followed by a hatchback. Moreover, Innova is selling like hot cakes with waiting period, so there is no question of new MUV now.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:30   #120
BHPian

Hi all, is there a new Toyota MUV planned for India? I spotted a new Toyota MUV today in Ghaziabad and it looked like a test mule. Apart from the Toyota logo, it had no other badges or decals. It was part of a convoy with a current gen Innova ahead of it and another one trailing it. All the three cars were grey in colour and were UP 16 registered. There were two more (CH registered) white Innovas around it, not sure if they were part of the convoy. That convoy overtook me from left and was going at high-speed. They took a turn towards Delhi and I had to go towards Noida, so couldn't click any pics. The shape was similar to Innova but it was much larger than Innova. It also had twin exhausts (integrated within the bumper) and the tail-lamps were large and horizontal (similar to Ipsum).

Mods: Please move to an appropriate thread if this is not the one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks