Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 16:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
I aint read Japanese but with the help of Google-san I've managed to decipher the stickers:

The green one reads that the vehicle exceeds the 2010 minimum fuel ratings by 5%.
The blue one is for low exhaust emissions, 75% cut from min. requirements in 2005.

Here's the link:
What does this mean? (Japanese Sticker) - Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Secondly the scribbled sheet of paper that Zappo-san is ref. in his post shows, apart from diagrams a tabular note - showing THREE columns; there were three vehicles in the convoy, incl this one. My guess is that they were comparing this vehicle with two "off-the-shelf" vehicles, an Innova and a Xylo, perhaps with the same milage on the clock.

@Zappo, a hotel cannot get the red numberplate. Secondly, it is also unlikely that they'll try to mask the Tempered glass labels either.

IMO, the vehicle would have gone unnoticed perhaps if there were no maskings...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th October 2009 at 16:36.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

It is an AT?The gear is placed next to the steering wheel.
Reminds me of CRV hand break or modified handicapped vehicle.
It is on cards any soon in India?
Old 12th October 2009, 20:38   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great scoop, but I cannot figure out a way for Toyota to launch it here. The Innova is a hot seller, and people will pay 10 lakh rupees for a people mover. However, no one is going to pay 17 lakhs for a van. And in that price range, Toyota already has the Fortuner which can also seat more than 5.
Old 13th October 2009, 02:59   #49
Team-BHP Support

The little I could make from the pictures, the centre console looks much better than what the current innova as well as the fortuner have. i don't know much of toyota's international product offerings but i would love to see this in india as an innova replacement (assuming it remains in the same ballpark price point).
Old 13th October 2009, 14:05   #50
BHPian

Guys IMO this will be the toyota's next vehicle in the 7-10 lakhs range. getting launched in 2012-13
Toyota India always desired to have a vehicle in the above pic range, dominated by players like its competitor Honda. Now with the forth comming hatch & its sedan , They almost complete every segment except for the 7-10 range.
im sure they would be studying al possiblities to get a right vehicle in that segment & hence exploring every possiblity..including producing a Avensis verso
Old 13th October 2009, 15:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Innova is a hot seller, and people will pay 10 lakh rupees for a people mover. However, no one is going to pay 17 lakhs for a van. And in that price range, Toyota already has the Fortuner which can also seat more than 5.
I beg to differ. I'm one such potential buyer who needs a good premium van with good ride and decent handling beyond Innova/Xylo. I might be in a minority but I do feel with average income levels rising year by year in India - market for such vans/MUV's will only increase. Currently some of this requirement is being met with SUV's as there are no other options.

Looking at Japan for example - I see the van market is quite busy as they offer a lot of practicality and comfort in one package.

Coming back to the thread the vehicle in question looks a segment below Innova IMHO.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:32   #52
BHPian

Guys, anybody thought it to be a Tata Indicruz? Somehow the following picture seems to be closer to the above one. And also it makes sense to compare all these models!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota’s new MUV for India???-76200944844pm.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 16:50   #53
BHPian

Nice thought High esteem, it would be logical to compare and test the Indicruz or the xover with the Xylo and the Innova. But what about the stuff written in Japanese.

Last edited by ranc : 13th October 2009 at 16:52.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
Guys, anybody thought it to be a Tata Indicruz? Somehow the following picture seems to be closer to the above one. And also it makes sense to compare all these models!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Nice thought High esteem, it would be logical to compare and test the Indicruz or the xover with the Xylo and the Innova. But what about the stuff written in Japanese.
Guys, Please observe the vehicle properly and you can see the TOYOTA LOGO on the steering wheels.

By seeing the pictures it looks like Toyota Aeras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I overheard someone say recently that "Toyota is launching a 5 seater smaller version of the Innova", in his non-automotive terminology. Could this be the "5 seater smaller Innova" ?
Maggie, By seeing the dimension of the car it does not look like one.

Last edited by gowda79 : 13th October 2009 at 17:06.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

I overheard someone say recently that "Toyota is launching a 5 seater smaller version of the Innova", in his non-automotive terminology. Could this be the "5 seater smaller Innova" ?
Old 13th October 2009, 17:20   #56
BHPian

What if they actually want to bring this in ?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/upload/...erso2009_1.jpg
Geneva 2009: Toyota Verso crams three rows into Corolla-sized package — Autoblog

and are therefore trying to benchmark with the competition using the closest car they can get in Asia.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You mean a station wagon essentially, right? Dunno if that'll work at all. Still feel its like the case where Honda used an American Accord to test new engines alone and not the whole car.
Old 13th October 2009, 18:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

Toyota released the Innova ages ago and took its own sweet time to bring out the Fortuner which shares the same platform as the Innova. I think my son grew more than 6 years older in between. If this is indeed a test mule, I think we can safely say that my son will be in high school before this comes out.

The Fortuner was launched only a couple of months ago and Toyota by no means will be looking at another launch in the near future.
Old 13th October 2009, 19:12   #59
BHPian

I was thinking may be Toyota is thinking to Launch Picnic as 7-9 lakh variant Van basically for Taxi's and commercial Vehicles as it is 7 seater. And keep Innova as in 2.5V variant only.
Thats way they will make the Innova as the upmarket MUV and picnic will be fighting in the lower market with xylo etc.
Or they can replace the Innova with Estima or Aeras to target higher segment MUV market 10+L segment.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:49   #60
BHPian

Looks like the IPSUM to me.
But then IPSUM is a monocoque (unibody) unlike Innova which is BOF.

What kind of performance and life can we expect from Unibodies on our kind or roads & terrains?

Will they be able to take the harsh beatings?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks