Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 20:50   #31
BHPian

Looks better than Innova. Hope this will be sold here! Wonder why they bothered to cover the logos - it screams Toyota.
Old 11th October 2009, 21:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Its a pretty neat looking MUV. Moreover, the Innova has been in India for quite long now and hope that they bring this as its replacement.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Wonder why they bothered to cover the logos - it screams Toyota.
Not all on the road are Abnormal like us
Old 11th October 2009, 22:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

1) I doubt that a car that is placed almost parallel to Innova is coming to India.

2) Its possible that Toyota is testing the components for India, particularly IC as Innova is going to need it for BS-IV .

3) Its a very rough possibility, but may be Toyota is planning to have a car that can be perceived as five seater Innova. This way with a smaller 2.0 ltr unit, they can have a car for Rs. 7-8 lakh that is a five seater. But again this is my opinion and with very negligible possibility of being true.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Great spy pics
This is not an MUV, but a minivan/MPV.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
I doubt innova would be replaced soon as it is sold in very good numbers.
Qualis - does that name ring a bell?
In not so distant past this MUV from Toyota stable was doing excellent numbers when it was discontinued..
Old 11th October 2009, 22:42   #37
BHPian

This can not be a replacement to Innova in any respect.
As this is called Toyota Picnic or avenso or Ipsum.
Toyota Ipsum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is 7 seater 2.0 litre engine product.
So i am hard to see that it will gets launched as 5 seater or in between 7-8 lac variant.
For 5 seater Toyota has to bring Vios/Axio/Allion/premio in competition to ANHC.

Toyota must be testing it here for some other market. Otherwise IMO it does not make any sense.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Nice pics!

A quick question though - with the driver/passengers being away, no one guarding the vehicle, it seems you had the luxury of time to click these pics. Did it not strike you to peel off the tapes at the rear and read the name?
Right, the whole gang of pple, (~ 10) from all the 3 cars walked away as soon as they arrived. So I had all the time in the world to go around and click.

You are right, I was tempted, but I didn't wanna peel the tape.

Cheers,
Jai
Old 11th October 2009, 23:38   #39
Team-BHP Support

There are a few things interesting here. The car looks to be a fully built-up unit that has been imported here. It sports Dunlop tyres, probably the same that Fortuner sports. The rear hatch glass has a couple of oval stickers that seem to suggest an origin in China/Japan. Since Japan is RHD country and China is LHD I am assuming it is a direct import from Japan.

Also, there are some intersting hand notes with some pictorial depictions, drawn on white sheet of paper. They are lying next to the driver's seat. Did you by any chance take a closer look at those papers to see what those are? Or else if you have a better high res pic of those papers,I would love to know what they were noting down. Someone was pretty serious when he made those notes.

However, another thought also struck me in parallel. Look at that Xylo. The yellow lettering in black background is specific to those cars you see running with big name star hotels etc. They are also the ones who are allowed to import cars directly. It is quite possible that the group that came there and considering the ease with which they left the car there unattended they were the guests of some star hotel who came for sightseeing. The hotel may have it's own reasons for masking the car's make etc. Probably some RTA related pending issues... If it would have been Toyota they would not have just masked the logos but would have covered the whole car as is the practice.
Old 12th October 2009, 01:18   #40
BHPian

Are you guys certains this is a toyota? The logo looks a little elliptical under the tape.. unlike the circular ones of toyota.. this is more like a ford logo. This seems more like a one of vehicle or else it would be heavily masked.
Old 12th October 2009, 02:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Are you guys certains this is a toyota? The logo looks a little elliptical under the tape.. unlike the circular ones of toyota.. this is more like a ford logo. This seems more like a one of vehicle or else it would be heavily masked.
It sure is a Toyota - have a look at the steering pic and you would know..
Old 12th October 2009, 03:00   #42
BHPian

Not sure this is a replacement for innova, Innova got either 7 or 8 seat models, but it looks like the picnic/verso has only 7 seat option 2+3+2 compared to 2+3+3 or 2+2+3 option in Innova,
Old 12th October 2009, 10:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

OT: Bif at all they are planning to bring this to India, they should reconsider and bring the Avanza instead.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Definitely a Toyota. Its sold in Singapore among other countries. Can't see how it will be positioned in India though. My guess is they're simply testing parts of the car like the engine and will introduce that in the Innova or Corolla.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
OT: Bif at all they are planning to bring this to India, they should reconsider and bring the Avanza instead.
I too think in the same line. Azanza is more suitable in this market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks