Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 22:32   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Came across this old thread. Very useful, but I have a couple of questions, since I usually do follow most of the checklist, anyway. I did have problems with my Swift, but basically the choice was refusing to take delivery of the car I had paid for at considerable risk (with all disclaimers, dealer could have done what he wanted).

Once the car is paid for and registered, what are real options for the customer? Let me say I observed 10 defects. All dealer will say that he will get it repaired/rectified free of cost. But that is exactly the point - why should a new car be repaired/rectified? In case of Swift I even dropped in unannounced to inspect and found dent in door panel. But sorry sir, mumbai traffic, what to do, already registered, we will re-paint. And it seems only I can certainly tell the paint is different from factory paint. Dealer said either I can take delivery or leave with him, he will again re-paint. And re-do clutch setting. Refused to accept gearbox whine in 5th. Claims normal for all swifts. But he will not send to factory or get new car for me or replace clutch / gearbox.

In the end offered to waive 10k of accessories not paid for after I started shouting. Flatly said if I wanted I could leave the car with him for as long as I wanted at my risk too! Complaining to Maruti had no effect. Dealer noted that customer came, complaint rectified, was satisfied and that was end of complaint.

In the card, letter, etc. everything sent to Maruti, HO of dealer - no effect.

Whine has reduced and clutch setting was re-done next day and mileage is ok. Also while selling car, it may be said it is accident damaged, but usually I keep cars for some time, so I am not bothering further, but question is how finnicky should one be?
This is exactly what happens here. The customer service is non-existent and you can't refuse to take delivery. Even if the garage guys screw up your car, it's all at *your* risk. Wish we really had good consumer protection laws. :(
Old 7th January 2008, 13:56   #47
BHPian

Hi,

I am getting my scorpio vls in 2 days. I had booked for 2008 Model.
But How can I ensure that the model I buy is indeed 2008. How can one determine by seeing the engine number/chasis number.

-Prakash
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingadalli View Post
Hi,

I am getting my scorpio vls in 2 days. I had booked for 2008 Model.
But How can I ensure that the model I buy is indeed 2008. How can one determine by seeing the engine number/chasis number.

-Prakash
@lingadalli

The sales certificate of the car you buy will clearly mention the actual manufacturing month and year of the vehicle.

Also most car manufacturers have a code for year of manufacture in the 'Engine No.' You could enquire from a qualified mechanic for the coding of Mahindra. Though, first option is always the easiest.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Akhilesh,
You've replied to a post .. one year late
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Akhilesh,
You've replied to a post .. one year late
And it was his first post on the forum! (apart for introduction)
Welcome akhilesh51
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:05   #51
BHPian

So very ignorant of me

But I guess the tip still applies for cars bought today...
Old 5th June 2009, 15:50   #52
BHPian

Re: Delivery

Hi,

I followed this thread for last whole week, and got delivery of my new Indigo CS LS TDI Arctic Silver yesterday. I tried to follow the pre-delivery check list and can say followed 50% of it.

Thanks you so much such a rich input.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:55   #53
BHPian

hey guys, just found this thread and its definitely useful. Ive booked a corolla altis from shinrai at worli bombay, have so far paid only booking amount of 50000/-, delivery has been promised on the 28th of september.
I mentioned PDI to sales lady and she said ' sir dont worry we will deliver a worry free and stress free product', on insisting she said their stockyard is in Bhiwandi.
Now am confused, how exactly does this PDI work? When and how should it be done? Am i supposed to go to bhiwandi? (please lord no), or should i pay full amount for car and keep a balance of say 50000/- and check to see that everythings fine before car goes for RTO registration? Please advise guys,
thanks,
sachin.
Old 22nd September 2009, 01:51   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

@sachin, see the car before it goes for registration.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:33   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, for the sake of consistency, please continue the discussion over at the PDI Article Thread

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2010 at 12:58. Reason: Updating with correct URL
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks