Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 16:35   #16
BHPian

Is Polo can come DSG , then why don't they give the same with fabia. New Fabia is supposed come by may or june i guess from chakan plant
Old 28th April 2009, 17:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
New Fabia is supposed come by may or june i guess from chakan plant
As of what i heard, second half of May for Fabia from Chakan Plant.
Old 28th April 2009, 17:50   #18
BHPian

Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Friend, hold your horses when you are riding them, please dont get other brands involved in this thread.

If you still insist then I think the people who buy a GP will be the ones who enjoy driving a fiat and second the ones who will buy the VW will be the ones with deep enough pockets.

BTW the new polo looks Hot hot hot in the last ACI. I hope thats the one we get.
I dont think its a case of Fiat bashing. Put it this way: I run a Palio myself, its almost 6 years old, and have not found a decent replacement for it yet. I love everything about it except for its underpowered engine. And I've never had an issue with the mythical Fiat After Sales Service.
The Fabia came close, but only in terms of interiors. Again, this is what I feel is an underpowered car.
I held out for a GP, and in the meantime the Linea is underpowered as well. But now I see the possibility of going one better.
I am very game for a VW hatch priced around the Fabia (or with a smallish premium), but with ( as Car India says in their last issue) a TSI /common rail engine rather than the PD/MPI engines on the Fabia. VW says the Fabia and Polo will not share engines, so i think there might be a better deal to be had when the Polo does make an appearance.
Old 28th April 2009, 17:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Is there going to be any change in the Chakan built Fabia like lower prices or more features at the same price?
Old 28th April 2009, 18:11   #20
BHPian

Since localization will be high in new fabia , the price will be more competitive than the current one i guess
Old 28th April 2009, 19:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Since localization will be high in new fabia , the price will be more competitive than the current one i guess
Exactly! Which is why there is a theoretical case for the Fabia to have its price revised downwards so that the Polo can come in and occupy that price point.
Look at what has happened to the new Superb.
The Laura should follow suit, and the Jetta should then get priced more realistically.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:07   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If VW can price the Polo well and give it competitive engines (read = nice diesel too), it's pretty much a farewell to Fabia which is anyways languishing at 500 cars a month.

Skoda's atrocious service opens up a window of opportunity. If VW can manage a high standard of after-sales, they have it made.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

...and the only way to do this is to do complete end to end manufacturing with high volumes to realise economies of scale.

VW have been working for past two years on localisation and built a plant, not a screwdriver operation. SO I would expect attractive pricing
Old 29th April 2009, 03:36   #24
BHPian

If they could not give good *** for Skoda why do we expect VW to give good ***. The names of all the Skoda India top management seem to be German, so they most probably all have their roots in VW, if they are not able to fix Skoda *** problems, I don't expect the same from VW either.
Old 29th April 2009, 08:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think the problem was, as GTO discovered during his face-to-face with senior management, that middle management hid everything that was going on in the ground. That is seriously hands-off management. Take your fat pay packet and go home every day. *sigh*
Old 29th April 2009, 12:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The localisation levels will be upto 50% in 3 years compared to 15% right now.
Lets see how Skoda benefits the buyers. Will the VW Polo get the same engine options of Fabia?? I somehow found the Fabia 1.4tdi? to be too noisy.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that finally some good european hatches are on their way to India.... enough of tin can's roaming our roads, give us some real cars.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

The Polo looks great!! But I'm interested to know if VW uses the same service/dealer network as the Skoda in which case I'm gonna tread a wide path for a year or two.

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:30   #29
BHPian

2009 Polo

Heres how the 2009 Polo looks like. Lovely.
Attached Thumbnails
Polo Preproduction cars getting ready-volkswagenpolo2009img_2.jpg  

Polo Preproduction cars getting ready-vwpolo2009titel.jpg  

Polo Preproduction cars getting ready-volkswagenpolomkv2009officialinteriorimg_15.jpg  

Old 29th April 2009, 19:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

I love the understated looks, clean lines and the menacing front. I have a lingering feeling that VW will price it very competitively going by the recent pricing of the Superb.
But the Fiat India is more aggressive this time around and are gunning for a 90% localization by next year, in which case I think GP would also be priced competitively.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks