Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Not by a long shot. Scorpio is available off the shelf, atleast in my city. And Jalandhar is a big market for SUVs.
Thanks mate, that was my impression as well. Not sure why people go about giving this kind of misleading information.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:45   #17
BHPian

Well In any case (available or not) both the Scorpio and Xylo are selling in good no's!

Both of them are true VFM products.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Well In any case (available or not) both the Scorpio and Xylo are selling in good no's!

Both of them are true VFM products.
None here has said that Xylo/Scorp are not selling and are not VFM products!

I was just illustrating the facts, that the "Mighty & Muscular" Scorp is actually available off the shelf.

Even the article mentions something to that regard : The Xylo has even eaten into the share of M&M's sports utility vehicle Scorpio and MUV Bolero. About a quarter of buyers who had planned to buy Scorpio or Bolero booked Xylo, said the company.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Are you serious? All Scorpio variants & colors have a three month waiting period?
Quote:
Thanks mate, that was my impression as well. Not sure why people go about giving this kind of misleading information.
hi mate, would be kind of you if you can ask me what made me post that & then pass your judgements!

refer anjan's post in his ownership thread, he has said in his post that the top end scorpios (white) have a 3 month waiting period.
a cousin of mine wanted to buy a xylo, dealer says the E6 variant has a waiting of 2.5 months.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd April 2009 at 15:38.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
refer anjan's post in his ownership thread, he has said in his post that the top end scorpios (white) have a 3 month waiting period.
Raj, it wasn't the Xylo waiting period that was being questioned - it was your statement about the 3 month waiting period for the Scorpio that I found surprising.

Now, you are mentioning white Scorpio & it is clear. Below is misleading from a consumer/buyer POV -
Quote:
@ karan: the xylo & scorpio has a 3 month waiting period.

Last edited by suman : 23rd April 2009 at 15:38.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, it wasn't the Xylo waiting period that was being questioned - it was your statement about the 3 month waiting period for the Scorpio that I found surprising.

Now, you are mentioning white Scorpio. So, below is misleading from a consumer/buyer POV -
ok suman, in any case, i have not mentioned about any colour options in my previous post. if the white has a 3 month waiting period, maybe silver has 2, java brown has 2.5 & maybe black has 0.5... who knows! its impractical to mention the waiting period of each colours!
so it definitely is NOT misleading, as you termed. thats the reason i said- refer anjan's post please.

anyways, lets leave it at that.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd April 2009 at 15:42.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:43   #22
Team-BHP Support

when I went scorpio shopping I was told 2 day waiting for chocolate brown scorpio.
I have not seen waiting periods for scorpio or safari at any of the dealerships(leaving aside 4x4s which are made to order)
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Only Dzire, what about swift????

IMO amongst the list Xylo is true VFM & reliable car.

Dzire: Rattles, poor built quality
i20: inflated price
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
when I went scorpio shopping I was told 2 day waiting for chocolate brown scorpio.
I have not seen waiting periods for scorpio or safari at any of the dealerships(leaving aside 4x4s which are made to order)
that was before the facelift & price cuts tanveer. i got mine in 8 days since i opted for white!

an insider told me that scorpios sales went down after the introduction of the xylo but after the facelift, its demand increased by 40%.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
that was before the facelift & price cuts tanveer. i got mine in 8 days since i opted for white!

an insider told me that scorpios sales went down after the introduction of the xylo but after the facelift, its demand increased by 40%.
In Punjab for the new refresh it was not more than 10 days for white.
Remember, the Scorpio sells a lot more than the Safari. Mahindra knows that, and also knows that they have to maintain production levels. Long waiting times can drive customers to other cars.
I think in smaller markets and smaller towns there may be lot of waiting but in big cities, the max waiting time is what it takes to truck the car from the factory to the city.

That said I think number of cars sold in a month is a better indicator than waiting time of a cars popularity.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:06   #26
BHPian

At the MM dealership recently the sales guy told that the xylo is selling so well that its eating into the sales of scorpio. i see at least 2-3 new xylos daily. Hats off to MM for playing the game so well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks