Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 04:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Easy guys the great man, Mr.Tata himself has said that this car is two years away. But no one can deny the fact that this looks gorgeous, even the harshest critics on other global auto blogs have agreed to the fact that this is a beautiful small car. There are two opinions i have.
  • If and when launched, there is no reason that the Europa wont make it to the Indian market, Its made here after all. Even a few additional nos. will be welcome to the sales figures. But it will do quite well, consider that the Vista will establish itself in the 4.5lacs+ segment with time and Nano in the 1.5 to 2.5 lac slot. The Europa will easily fill the 3 to 4 lac slot that will be left vacant by a retired Indica, me thinks.
  • A major point of the improved looks is the revised headlamps and front bumper, it opens up huge opportunities in modifying the present Nano. There will be a huge amount of youngsters buying this car and fiddling with it. The Europa just goes to show a nano with few tweaks in the right places will give cars costing 4-5 times more a run for its money, well at least in the looks dept.

The new all aluminum 3 cyl engine sounds interesting, I think even before the Europa, it might be a good replacement for the existing lethargic 1.2.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th March 2009 at 15:47. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 4th March 2009, 08:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

count me too, If launched in India around 3L on the road
as other forum members said nano europa is the cutest small car I have ever seen.

my other favorite cute cars are VW beetle, Mini Cooper, Fiat500.

Great job Tata, we need this version in India
Old 4th March 2009, 10:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
+1 to that mate. I really hope Tata launches it here. Would make a great buy at around 2.5 - 3L.
Yeah for sure. No other car in that price range offers so much of goodies (ABS, Airbags etc). Plus it looks prettier than anything else. Very unlike the Indian nano, which seems a compromised version of this.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

In some ways, Tata Nano reminds one of Coke - the Presidents, Heads of State and Billionairs drink it and so do factory workers in downtowns.

Thanks to its stylish good looks, Nano has evoked interest and curiosity that's spread over vastly diverse market segments which, IMO, is a big achievement. Nano Europa proves that the platform is versatile enough to satisfy many target markets, including the discerning members of this forum!

Jai Ho!
Old 4th March 2009, 11:45   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
That Nano is the cutest looking thing, I have ever seen on four wheels. It can give the Fiat 500 a run for its money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
I dont think the Nano will create any problems for the Fiat 500. However, it would surely challenge the Smart4Two.
For the price prepositions, yes Nano will surely give the Fiat 500 a run for its money.

The Nano is for sure a cute looking car, Why only for European countries are such wonderful desings Mr TATA. Pleeezzee get the similar designs to India also.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

[.

To meet the driving needs of its target customers, the Tata Nano Europa will be powered by a 3-cylinder sporty all-aluminium MPFI engine matched with a 5-speed automatic transmission, and electric power steering. The gasoline engine will be class-leading, providing high fuel efficiency and low CO2 emission of less than 100 gm / km meeting the twin goals of being environmentally friendly and stylish – just like the Tata Nano.

we need this confg for Nano here too.. but i know Tata wont sell this here even after 10 years of Nano Launch.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
In some ways, Tata Nano reminds one of Coke - the Presidents, Heads of State and Billionairs drink it and so do factory workers in downtowns.
That was very well put!

As some of the members here pointed out, if and when the Nano Europa is production ready, I don't see any reason for it not to be launched in India as well.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Why can't we get the same design here? It is so much better then the Indian Nano.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:15   #39
BHPian

finally looks well proportioned, so to the prima. Im a serial TATA-basher but the prima is a lovely looking motorcar, reminds me of a Peugeot
Old 4th March 2009, 12:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice car and even nicer is to see so many folks here willing to pay a premium for the Nano Europa as versus the vanilla Nano India. Looks like there is a segment in the Indian market that is willing to pay more for better quality, and this is a very welcome trend, since it means that manufacturers will now have to cater to this segment.

Think about it, a Nano Europa for 2.5-3L with all the attendant safety features should do extremely well in India. And we do have a larger population, so even a small percentage of that should translate to some pretty impressive numbers.

As for the designs of the Nano Europa and Vista EV, they are simply amazing. World class and cant wait to get them in India. Keep up the good work Tata.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:08   #41
BHPian

if tata already has the know-how to make/install auto tranny, why cant they provide auto variants in their indian offerings? :(
Old 4th March 2009, 14:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yeah and we will expect the same to retail for maybe 2 lakhs here. This is a market that wants everything yet wants to pay close to nothing.

People will say "1 lakh for the Nano + 15k for the ABS + 10k for the Airbags + 10k for Alloys = 1.5 lakhs max, I dont find value in the Europa at 2 lakhs" and the one that sells will still be the 1 lakh version.

The stated aim of the Nano here is to be the 'One Lakh Car'. It hasnt even rolled off the production lines yet - lets see what the real thing looks like, this is just eye candy for the Euro market which I doubt will see daylight anytime in the near future.
True. We are a Cost first comfort later market. Well as stated in press release Tata will launch Nano in 2011 in europe so less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
if tata already has the know-how to make/install auto tranny, why cant they provide auto variants in their indian offerings? :(
Again the cost factor CAD. Many manufacturers give AT in various cars but how many of us are buying the AT? Very few in fact. People think - oh one lakh + more for an Auto,lets chuck it and get the manual. Where as in Europe nearly everything is AT. They have to build cars as per market demand.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Is this indica an electric vehical ? what does EV stand for ?
Old 4th March 2009, 15:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Is this indica an electric vehical ? what does EV stand for ?
Yes, EV stands for Electric Vehical.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:26   #45
BHPian

if nano is offered with a auto transmission then it will be my car for daily city use with the amount of traffic and scarcity of parking nothing can beat a nano for city use

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks