Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2005, 12:07   #16
BHPian

a brilliant article.
I remember doing my internship at the GM Toyoto plant in Fremont, Ca. One has to see to believe Toyoto;s obsession with Quality.
TATA Motors; Wake Up. You have got the potential. Put the TriColor in the AutoMobile World.
Just like the techies did in the software Field
Old 25th April 2005, 12:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
a brilliant article.
I remember doing my internship at the GM Toyoto plant in Fremont, Ca. One has to see to believe Toyoto;s obsession with Quality.
TATA Motors; Wake Up. You have got the potential. Put the TriColor in the AutoMobile World.
Just like the techies did in the software Field
Well, the Tatas did so in the tech field (TCS) long before the likes of Infosys and Wipro and without any of the fuss or hype. No reason why they cant do so in the auto field - I wish them all the best.
Old 25th April 2005, 13:39   #18
BHPian

i wish/pray TATA motors emulate TCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Well, the Tatas did so in the tech field (TCS) long before the likes of Infosys and Wipro and without any of the fuss or hype. No reason why they cant do so in the auto field - I wish them all the best.
you are bang on the target.
i wish/pray TATA motors emulate TCS.
Imagine classy cars
"Made In India"
Old 25th April 2005, 14:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you are bang on the target.
i wish/pray TATA motors emulate TCS.
Imagine classy cars
"Made In India"
Pardon me any TCSers in here. But TCS is not classy by any stretch of the imagination. They just play the price game. Still, the Indica and the Indigo are good cars from a manufacturer of trucks. Commendable job.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:30   #20
BHPian

umm, TCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Pardon me any TCSers in here. But TCS is not classy by any stretch of the imagination. They just play the price game. Still, the Indica and the Indigo are good cars from a manufacturer of trucks. Commendable job.
By any standards, TCS is a great game.
trust me, i work for the no one computer consulting company.
price games are played all the majors.
It is just that TCs is not Flamboyant
Old 25th April 2005, 14:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By any standards, TCS is a great game.
trust me, i work for the no one computer consulting company.
price games are played all the majors.
It is just that TCs is not Flamboyant
I know that. And at the risk of going off topic would like to add that while I have a healthy respect for the might of TCS, I am not too excited by the work they take on. Trust me I have worked with and for the Tatas.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Excuse me for straying from the topic, but TCS has been doing classier stuff than outsourcing people. They keep a low profile, but do more business and make more money than any of the others that are constantly hogging the news.

In 2005, they're also part of Ferrari's software development for F1. Their story goes back a long way, unlike many of the others who rode the Y2K road to success.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Excuse me for straying from the topic, but TCS has been doing classier stuff than outsourcing people. ....
In 2005, they're also part of Ferrari's software development for F1. Their story goes back a long way, unlike many of the others who rode the Y2K road to success.
Agreed. But you have not spoken to most of their customers in India. And TCS was the biggest beneficiary of the Y2K scenario. Also TCS does the best job of outsourcing people IMHO.
Old 25th April 2005, 15:56   #24
BHPian

I am very happy that i have successfuly changed thew course of this thread.

the thing is what gives and takes, TCS is a good company and wish that TATA designs and deivers great cra.
And make Indi proud
Old 25th April 2005, 16:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very happy that i have successfuly changed thew course of this thread.

the thing is what gives and takes, TCS is a good company and wish that TATA designs and deivers great cra.
And make Indi proud
Definitely. And in time they will get there. In the Diesel segment, rupee for rupee the Indigo is the best car IMHO and will continue to be. Provided of course the Tatas come up with a car with CRDI and in about the same price range. That will surely knock the socks off Hyundai. Maybe that is why there are rumors of Tata and Fiat doing the rounds. But speculation aside, yes I do wish they do well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks