Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 18:44   #91
bhp
BHPian

Re: VW Passat - Problems Alert!

UPDATE :-

The car is back now with a couple of parts changed.
1) New fuel pump which is covered under extended warranty, Had to pay rs 1000 for the fuel pump gasket since rubber parts are not covered.
2) O2 sensor. This was replaced under goodwill warranty.
3) ECU was reflashed.

The workshop people have taken a long trail and the engine check light problem has gone as of now. The workshop manager has assured that everything has been checked and no further problem should arise. I am hoping for the best on this.

I will be only satisfied after driving for a few weeks and munching some miles now. Fingers crossed
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 20:34   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
The workshop people have taken a long trail and the engine check light problem has gone as of now. The workshop manager has assured that everything has been checked and no further problem should arise. I am hoping for the best on this.

I will be only satisfied after driving for a few weeks and munching some miles now. Fingers crossed
Good that the CEL is gone. I am still wondering what could be the reason for the CEL to come but the car behaving normal without going into limp mode!

Whatever buddy, happy that the car is back. Do drive the car regularly to see the reliability and workmanship!

Anurag.
Old 13th September 2014, 20:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:

The car is back now with a couple of parts changed.
1) New fuel pump which is covered under extended warranty, Had to pay rs 1000 for the fuel pump gasket since rubber parts are not covered.
2) O2 sensor. This was replaced under goodwill warranty.
3) ECU was reflashed.

Congratulations mate...I can feel your happiness (lol) to get your beloved back, enjoy the car and surely keep your fingers crossed, but do keep driving the way you do and don't let this incident scare you
Old 13th September 2014, 20:54   #94
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good that the CEL is gone. I am still wondering what could be the reason for the CEL to come but the car behaving normal without going into limp mode!

Whatever buddy, happy that the car is back. Do drive the car regularly to see the reliability and workmanship!

Anurag.

I think I spoke too soon. The engine check light is back again within 3 Kms after the car was delivered.

Apparently as per the vw downtown workshop technicians from vw had checked everything on the car and resolved everything. But again the same problem arises.

It's getting too frustrating now. Have to send the car again. And god knows how long they will keep it and if they could have a positive solution towards this case.

I am also equally surprised that the car works perfectly inspite of engine check light on the dashboard. This is the first time I have faced and heard something like this.
Old 13th September 2014, 21:17   #95
BANNED

Quote:

I think I spoke too soon. The engine check light is back again within 3 Kms after the car was delivered.

I am also equally surprised that the car works perfectly inspite of engine check light on the dashboard. This is the first time I have faced and heard something like this.
Whoa! I'd now seriously doubt their knowledge on their cars to diagnose and find the root cause!

Can you hook the car up to the scanner and tell what is the code that the CEL is displaying? Check the wiring and that corresponding sensor.

If and when the ECU records an error that gives out the CEL, or should automatically go into limp mode. Since that is not happening I am not sure what damage is happening inside.

Disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnect it.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th September 2014 at 21:20.
Old 13th September 2014, 22:47   #96
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! I'd now seriously doubt their knowledge on their cars to diagnose and find the root cause!

Can you hook the car up to the scanner and tell what is the code that the CEL is displaying? Check the wiring and that corresponding sensor.

If and when the ECU records an error that gives out the CEL, or should automatically go into limp mode. Since that is not happening I am not sure what damage is happening inside.

Disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnect it.

Anurag.

I am personally taking the car to the workshop on Monday. Will update the fault codes here.

Such engine check light situations are just unheard anywhere.

It's getting too frustrating now with each passing day.
This shows VW's lack of interest and inefficiency towards this case.
The so called german engineering is a big let down.

Have completely lost confidence in the product and their services. Don't understand how a positive outcome can be had now. All I am doing is wasting fuel and time in sending the car again and again and also asking them to take long trials.

Does anybody here have any email id's of higher up s in VW who might wanna take a look and come up with a positive solution.

Lack of knowledge of a manufacturer who has worldwide presence towards its own product is something very surprising.
Old 14th September 2014, 02:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
I am personally taking the car to the workshop on Monday. Will update the fault codes here.

Such engine check light situations are just unheard anywhere.

It's getting too frustrating now with each passing day.
This shows VW's lack of interest and inefficiency towards this case.
The so called german engineering is a big let down.

Have completely lost confidence in the product and their services. Don't understand how a positive outcome can be had now. All I am doing is wasting fuel and time in sending the car again and again and also asking them to take long trials.

Does anybody here have any email id's of higher up s in VW who might wanna take a look and come up with a positive solution.

Lack of knowledge of a manufacturer who has worldwide presence towards its own product is something very surprising.
Mate i want you to run a test for me, i think you are suffering from the same problem as me.
Well when the light comes back on then shut your car and start it again it will go away. Keep driving the car the light will come again repeat the shut and drive procedure after three times if your car goes into limp mode then its one of the car's injectors. This is forcing the car into limp mode. Because there is no diagnostic to see how much pressure the injectors are throwing, it will only show as the air mixture not being precise. Try this as this will give you a conclusive answer once in for all.
Regards
Old 14th September 2014, 19:06   #98
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Mate i want you to run a test for me, i think you are suffering from the same problem as me.
Well when the light comes back on then shut your car and start it again it will go away. Keep driving the car the light will come again repeat the shut and drive procedure after three times if your car goes into limp mode then its one of the car's injectors. This is forcing the car into limp mode. Because there is no diagnostic to see how much pressure the injectors are throwing, it will only show as the air mixture not being precise. Try this as this will give you a conclusive answer once in for all.
Regards

The light is continuously on. It doesn't go away. Tried starting and stopping it thrice too.
Old 14th September 2014, 19:45   #99
BANNED

Quote:
The light is continuously on. It doesn't go away. Tried starting and stopping it thrice too.
There is something wrong with the ECU or the wiring. It is repeating frequently which means that the error code that is being recorded is not being attacked by the ASC.

They are not trying hard to get the solution for your issue.

Anurag.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:55   #100
BHPian

This is OT but I think relevant. The title of the article says it all. When you read through you will realise how similar VW's situation is in India.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-a...swagens-2014-7
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:22   #101
bhp
BHPian

The car is still at the workshop. There was an Schedule VW Engineer at the workshop last friday. They are still unable to detect the problem with the machine. Just keeping fingers crossed now.

How can i get in touch with the higher ups in VW India and report this problem ?? Does anyone have any link of email ID's here.

This time a Honda city Loaner car is provided to me.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:56   #102
BHPian

PASSAT - the name contains 'SA' which I would like to coin that as Service Assurance. Now, if SA is taken out, then name changes to PAST.
I wont be surprised if any VW cars be a PAST if Service Assurance is not given priority.
Old 24th September 2014, 20:25   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
PASSAT - the name contains 'SA' which I would like to coin that as Service Assurance. Now, if SA is taken out, then name changes to PAST.
I wont be surprised if any VW cars be a PAST if Service Assurance is not given priority.
Lol, in that case the 'Passat' has AS$ too. so can there be anything concluded?

Coming back to the topic:

Any update on the issue?

Anurag.
Old 24th September 2014, 22:40   #104
BHPian

Quote:
The car is still at the workshop. There was an Schedule VW Engineer at the workshop last friday. They are still unable to detect the problem with the machine. Just keeping fingers crossed now.

How can i get in touch with the higher ups in VW India and report this problem ?? Does anyone have any link of email ID's here.

This time a Honda city Loaner car is provided to me.
Lucky You mate to have gotten a Loaner car!!! They kept my car for 3 months straight and no loaner car was provided to me besides me asking for a loaner car repeatedly, had to take the public transport as i couldn't take my mother's car. Now coming back to the topic, the flying doctor (visiting Engineer) are not of much help let me warn you in advance. Their technical knowledge is questionable as witnessed by me in my case. Your only hope would be to get those things checked which still haven't been checked, so you need to visit the workshop and keep a check on what has happened and what hasn't, to draw a conclusion by yourself. In case they need to replace something major(valuable) they will REQUEST you to pay 50% of the cost and the charges for the labour, which i seriously advice you not to pay as the inconvenience has been caused by their product and not because of you. Keep your foot down on that topic. Now regarding contacting the higher ups, it is impossible as i got a few friends from the automotive industry involved in my case to find me the numbers, emails, details of GM Service/Sales, CEO India, etc and we just couldn't get anything. Just keep bashing them with your letters on their Facebook Page, Twitter account etc as i told you in the past VW takes their public image very seriously, and with their plummeting sales due to their sub standard products they get quite active immediately and as well they keep checking team bhp posts to make sure nothing bad is written here itself.(Got to know about this from one of their employee). Best of Luck still do keep us updated about your problem incase they do find a solution do let us know. I myself will also try to find you someone in the higher ups to contact but no guarantee. Rest if u really need to speak to them just send them a Legal Notice (By individual names of CEO, CFO, GM SERVICE and SALES) and they will come running to speak to you.
Best Wishes and Regards

Last edited by Kanboy : 24th September 2014 at 22:45.
Old 25th September 2014, 14:40   #105
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
hahahahaha.
The way service is handled now. Its not far away when it will be a thing of the past.
One product can never succeed without an efficient after sales team.

Quote:
Lol, in that case the 'Passat' has AS$ too. so can there be anything concluded?

Coming back to the topic:

Any update on the issue?

Anurag.
Nobody can beat the after sales of Maruti Suzuki in our country. Others should learn from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Lucky You mate to have gotten a Loaner car!!! They kept my car for 3 months straight and no loaner car was provided to me besides me asking for a loaner car repeatedly, had to take the public transport as i couldn't take my mother's car. Now coming back to the topic, the flying doctor (visiting Engineer) are not of much help let me warn you in advance. Their technical knowledge is questionable as witnessed by me in my case. Your only hope would be to get those things checked which still haven't been checked, so you need to visit the workshop and keep a check on what has happened and what hasn't, to draw a conclusion by yourself. In case they need to replace something major(valuable) they will REQUEST you to pay 50% of the cost and the charges for the labour, which i seriously advice you not to pay as the inconvenience has been caused by their product and not because of you. Keep your foot down on that topic. Now regarding contacting the higher ups, it is impossible as i got a few friends from the automotive industry involved in my case to find me the numbers, emails, details of GM Service/Sales, CEO India, etc and we just couldn't get anything. Just keep bashing them with your letters on their Facebook Page, Twitter account etc as i told you in the past VW takes their public image very seriously, and with their plummeting sales due to their sub standard products they get quite active immediately and as well they keep checking team bhp posts to make sure nothing bad is written here itself.(Got to know about this from one of their employee). Best of Luck still do keep us updated about your problem incase they do find a solution do let us know. I myself will also try to find you someone in the higher ups to contact but no guarantee. Rest if u really need to speak to them just send them a Legal Notice (By individual names of CEO, CFO, GM SERVICE and SALES) and they will come running to speak to you.
Best Wishes and Regards
Thankyou for all the help.

The first flying doctor (engineer) visit was on friday. He had given a lot of things to check at the workshop yet the problem wasnt found. The engineer had a visit again on tuesday and currently they have found wiring issues at the O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor. The wiring parts have been ordered and now awaiting fitment and further diagnosis.

I hope VW reads this thread here and starts taking action towards it.
This case has caused a lot of frustration and inconvenience to me. Just with a hope for positive resolution ASAP.

Keeping fingers crossed as always.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks