Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2005, 16:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

cool, they're finally realising that they better join the advanced-diesel brigade soon or theyll be left far behind. Cant wait for a road-test!!
Old 31st March 2005, 19:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
guys, the turbo, intercooled indica will hit the showrooms pretty soon;
I was thinking TDi stands for Turbo Direct Injection (like Octavia TDi). Am I correct in that interpretation for Indigo TDI ? Or is it just what veyron1 said ?
Old 31st March 2005, 19:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrock
I was thinking TDi stands for Turbo Direct Injection (like Octavia TDi). Am I correct in that interpretation for Indigo TDI ? Or is it just what veyron1 said ?
If I am not wrong TDI with the Indigo is just a symbol for the Turbocharged Diesel engine.
Old 31st March 2005, 19:43   #19
BHPian

The Rally Indica Sport had an indegeneous Tata Petrol Engine 1800 CC developeing around 100 - 120 BHP super tuned by their good old tuner Someshwar singh way doewn in Coimbatore where Tata's have a secret racing track for testing souped up vehicles.

I was working for the Tata group and there are plans for a 3000 cc TDI Safari with active suspension adn traction control also.

God knows when these cars will ever hit the indian roads.

cheers

Praveen Sathaye
Old 31st March 2005, 20:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye
I was working for the Tata group and there are plans for a 3000 cc TDI Safari with active suspension adn traction control also.
Will the Safari with a new 3.0 litre engine have the CRDi punch or not???
Old 31st March 2005, 21:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
If I am not wrong TDI with the Indigo is just a symbol for the Turbocharged Diesel engine.
Veyron and Stratos

I think TDi Stands for Transverse Direct Injection.(please correct me if i am wrong though) (including in Skoda 1.9TDi). Thats what i asked in my first post.. how is it possible for Indigo to go from Indirect injection to Transverse Direct injection..??..

Last edited by DCEite : 31st March 2005 at 21:13.
Old 31st March 2005, 21:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

guys, TDI stands for Turbocharged Direct Injection; the indigo engine is turbocharged, indirect injection, with it's latest avatar being intercooled, so, in tech jargon, the indigo is TIIDI, not just tdi.
and i don't think that tdi is transverse direct injection, as the injectors are placed longitudinally in the head of the engine, and so are the injector rails.

yes, transverse direct injection does exist but i don't think it's used for cars.

yes, the safari is coming, in a 3000cc, turbocharged, 120 bhp+ crdi version. it'll hit the showrooms this year, possibly before july.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks