Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:58   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

I don't think if the wheel bearings would be covered under warranty unless they gave up at an very early stage like 10-15k kms.

In fact, for my Ertiga, the Brake calipers would not be covered under warranty for the caliper pin noise that its making and I learnt this yesterday during my 70K service. For now, typical greasing has plugged the noise that may surface after a few thousand kms but I can live with it.
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I may be wrong but I guess nobody gives warranty for wheel bearings, even for a new car.
Sourabhzen,

That is not true, few months ago, I replaced the wheel bearing of my Sx4 (Co-Driver) side under EW, now its the Driver side which has gone Kaput

Wheel bearings are 100% covered in std. warranty of the car. EW may vary OEM to OEM
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:33   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this thread today itself. My answer is an emphatic YES. The Maruti vehicles of yesteryears were very well made and nearly absolute niggle free. One cannot say the same now. We had a 1987 M800 for nearly 20 years and just once the shock absorbers and suspension was overhauled. It was maintained properly with regular and timely visit to service center. After that we had an Alto for about 3 years and it used to suffer from caliper pin noise every 3-4 months. The Ritz is a well made car and doesn't give much trouble. My 2012 Wagon R has had multiple issues. The steering assembly has been replaced few months back, both front arms have been replaced twice and now there is something wrong with RHS front shock absorber. All major replacements in Wagon R have been carried out under extended warranty. Had I not got EW, I would have thought of getting rid of this car.

My personal opinion is that new Maruti vehicles are not as well made as earlier ones and I'm not saying that there is some fault at assembly line. But I guess its due to poor components now. Therefore I feel that its better to take a 2 year Extended Warranty.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:55   #49
BHPian

i would say YES. I have benefited twice because of that during the extended warranty period.
Old 15th December 2016, 15:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
i would say YES. I have benefited twice because of that during the extended warranty period.
Can you please share the details sir.

I have booked a Ciaz and am skeptical about the extended warranty. Will they really honour the warranty or simply play the blame game on wear and tear or other stuff.

This is what he gave me for the extended warranty costing Rs. 13500/- (2+2 YRs / 80,000 Kms)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Extended Warranty : Worth it ?-maruti-ew.jpg  

Maruti Extended Warranty : Worth it ?-maruti-ew-2.jpg  

Last edited by The Great : 15th December 2016 at 15:48.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 16:30   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I have 2011 SX4 diesel and had taken extended warranty. It was total paisa vasool. I had got parts worth more than a lakh replaced under extended warranty.

Major replacements were

1. Gearbox ~ 65K
2. Turbocharger ~ 40K
3. Rear shocks

Details are posted in my ownership review.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 16:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I have booked a Ciaz and am skeptical about the extended warranty. Will they really honour the warranty or simply play the blame game on wear and tear or other stuff.
I would suggest you to opt for extended warranty. My experience with Maruti regarding warranty claims has been always positive. My 2009 Ritz had some issues with some of brake components (not sure of the components now, but not shoes and disks) and those were replaced under EW.

My recent experience with SCross strengthens my trust. One of the headlights had slight crack inside the dome, which was noticed by SA and he ordered the replacement immediately.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks