Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 10:18   #6496
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Earlier I used to not worry about shell vs govt oil company prices, but now it looks like I got to go back to Indian oil or Bharat petroleum outlets for sure! No more V power at Shell.

How about diesel? Is shell still more expensive than the PSU outlets in Bangalore? I got to fill up my Creta diesel in a day or two!
I stopped filling up (only petrol. I don't have any diesel vehicles) at Shell a year back or so as the difference started becoming too much. Now I fill up at a nearby HP COCO pump most of the time. Price difference for regular diesel seems to be below Re.1 and that's okay IMO. However, regular petrol at Shell is definitely not worth Rs.4.50 extra especially when compared to a COCO pump. V-Power at 12.50+ premium is not worth it at all. I'd rather pay Rs.7 more and get poWer 99/Speed 97.

PSU prices in Bengaluru:
Petrol - 84.47
Diesel - 75.55

Shell prices in Bengaluru (Regular/V-Power):
Petrol - 88.95 / 97.05
Diesel - 76.20 / 83.20

Last edited by theredliner : 1st October 2018 at 10:36.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 10:22   #6497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The 100 mark is nearly there! I had visited shell yday to fill petrol for my wifeys Brio and Shell V power was Rs. 96! The regular petrol was itself Rs.88, which i think is also more than what the govt owned companies charge. If Im not wrong, Karnataka govt reduced some taxes on fuel and hence petrol must be around Rs.84 or Rs.85.

Earlier I used to not worry about shell vs govt oil company prices, but now it looks like I got to go back to Indian oil or Bharat petroleum outlets for sure! No more V power at Shell.

How about diesel? Is shell still more expensive than the PSU outlets in Bangalore? I got to fill up my Creta diesel in a day or two!
You can try Essar outlets for Petrol whose price is as same as the Govt owned outlets give or take 20-30 paise. They provide much cleaner fuel than BP, Indian etc and next only to Shell if I am not wrong.

Recently filled petrol couple of days back at 84.53/ltr.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 1st October 2018 at 10:27.
Old 1st October 2018, 10:31   #6498
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday filled fuel @ Rs. 90.99 / litre. Having 3 petrol cars and a scooter, the pump chaps are pretty friendly with me since one of my duties at home is to refuel cars. Yesterday they remarked, 'bahut dino baad aaye aap!' (Been a while since you came today). Both of then looked at the large board with prices mentioned and gave each other as smile. From filling fuel in 2 vehicles every week, gone to just one every week. Now reserve my drives for just on the weekend with commuting reserved to public transport.
blackwasp is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 15:35   #6499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
You can try Essar outlets for Petrol whose price is as same as the Govt owned outlets give or take 20-30 paise. They provide much cleaner fuel than BP, Indian etc and next only to Shell if I am not wrong.

Recently filled petrol couple of days back at 84.53/ltr.
Hi, all fuels are supplied by the same refineries and so depending on which refinery Essar procures to supply its outlets in southern India can have a small variation as the only refinery it owns is in the state of Gujarat. Out of my experience, I've found that the product from Madras refinery results in some coarseness. The best is from the Kochi refinery both in terms of refinement and mileage (which has been shared by truckers). Shell does not own any refinery nor a storage facility so they are getting their products through trucks only, mostly from Mangalore. What I've heard from very reliable sources is that of all the brands, Reliance refineries prioritize their customers higher than their own outlets. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 16:29   #6500
Distinguished - BHPian

Petroleum dealers IN JH are on strike today against the high prices of petrol/ diesel. Their argument: JH petroleum dealers are witnessing a decrease in sales, as neighboring states like UP & WB are charging less VAT than JH. The pumps located in the bordering areas are facing the heat much more since bulk buyers like transporters are buying cheaper diesel from the other side. The main demand of the dealer's association is to reduce the state VAT component in JH.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...1700480_1.html
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:31   #6501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
Refueled my Superb’s near-empty tank till cut-off today. While it was satisfying to see the fuel meter’s needle swing from E to F, my wallet bore the brunt of my excitement. It cost me ₹5300. I get a city mileage of approx. 7-8.5 kmpl, and probably twice as much on the highways, but since I drive in the city 90% of the time, I average out 9 kmpl, giving me a range of 600 km per full tank. In effect, I spend ₹5300 for 600 kms.

Attachment 1803245

I really don’t know what to make of this information, but dear lord do I miss cheaper fuel now more than ever.
Curious how density of diesel is 0.0005 kgs /cubic metre!!

As a child I recall the day the price of petrol went from Re 0.98/litre to Re 1.00 / litre and my father hissing and cursing about inflation and the value of the rupee et al. I was very happy because the on the spur of the moment mental maths my father would insist on all of a sudden got a whole lot easier. This was 1968 I think.

Having seen the evolution from 1.00 to 100.00 I now await the 1000.00 mark before I die. Then my life would have done a full circle - or better gone off into outer orbit. Ouch!!! Don't hit me guys.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Fuel Prices Thread-businesscommercegas_pricepetrol_priceprice_increasegas_stationpetrol_stationmgrn463_low.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:55   #6502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Sirji - just incorrect display & printing. Have often seen that this is not correctly displayed in many bunks.
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:13   #6503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Sirji - just incorrect display & printing. Have often seen that this is not correctly displayed in many bunks.
Yep, I had enquired about this with one of the attendants at the same pump on a previous occasion, and he had candidly told me that they have stopped bothering to update this info these days, and I think it had something to do with minor differences in quality of fuel supplied to the pump on each occasion. It seems the meter is rendered useless unless it’s reset every time the fuel is restocked at the pump.
Old 2nd October 2018, 20:47   #6504
Senior - BHPian

Well, there were many of us who thought cheap petrol prices are actually a problem. This was when petrol was really cheap. But this is insane prices. And I don't think there has been a proper explanation from the govt either. Or they don't care. Sadly, people only start questioning the govt when it starts to pinch their pockets.

I will say this - the petrol prices will drop. Drastically. Just before the elections next year. And this govt will continue in power based on that. Public memory is short.
naveenroy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 00:03   #6505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well, there were many of us who thought cheap petrol prices are actually a problem. This was when petrol was really cheap. But this is insane prices. And I don't think there has been a proper explanation from the govt either. Or they don't care. Sadly, people only start questioning the govt when it starts to pinch their pockets.

I will say this - the petrol prices will drop. Drastically. Just before the elections next year. And this govt will continue in power based on that. Public memory is short.
The way I see it is different, The strategy will be to announce the inclusion of fuel prices under GST. Few states will raise objection and then the Centre will come up with an explanation that they tried to decrease fuel by including it under GST , but could not because some states did not allow.

Expect this drama to happen sometime in late Dec or Early Jan.
nettooran is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:22   #6506
Distinguished - BHPian

The statistics of fuel prices in 2018 ( in Mumbai) - No sign of revers-gear in sight!

The Official Fuel Prices Thread-accelerating20fuel20prices.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:30   #6507
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems fuel bunks can no longer conduct business as usual once fuel prices breach the Rs.99.99 mark. Call it the Y2K bug for the petrol bunks but the fuel dispensers cannot handle a 3 figure mark and it was never even imagined to reach such high prices.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/66027015.cms

Quote:
Rising motor oil prices have thrown up a unique problem not foreseen by those who designed the dispensing units (DUs) for petrol pumps. If motor oil prices cross the Rs 100 mark, DUs at petrol pumps will run out of digits.

The fuel dispensing units at petrol bunks have been calibrated for digital display of prices in two digits with two decimal figures and can display a maximum price of Rs 99.99.
Old 4th October 2018, 00:29   #6508
BHPian

A Petrol pump in Puri, Odisha has been ransacked by locals over the allegation of quantity of fuel.

https://odishatv.in/odisha/locals-ra...charged-324262

P.S.: A video related to this incident has been forwarded in WhatsApp in the name of ransacking happened due to Petrol price reaching INR 100.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 02:58   #6509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The statistics of fuel prices in 2018 ( in Mumbai)
Attachment 1804573
Combine that with the crude price movement, and with the clear writing on the wall about the crude price to most possibly breach the $100 mark by 2019; we are sure to see 100INR mark surpassed

The Official Fuel Prices Thread-crude-price.jpg
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:16   #6510
Senior - BHPian

And the Government is still adamant in not reducing the taxes from this very essential commodity. It is common sense that this rise in fuel prices will have huge direct as well as indirect impacts on our country's economy. I haven't been following the news very closely, but has there been any response or explanation from the Government regarding this astronomical increase?

And please, we are not asking for a discount here - all we want is the taxes to be reverted to what they were under the previous Government's rule!
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks