Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:53   #481
BHPian

i dont think there is a decision yet on this.
They are going to meet tomorrow to discuss the same.

check this article
http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite...F?OpenDocument
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:54   #482
Senior - BHPian

Well 3 rs is certainly better than 10 rs !!! I just checked news channels, nothing there surprisingly.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:54   #483
Senior - BHPian

Its a proposal with various options, but they need to get the consent of the cabinet before actually implementing it.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:58   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar
Well 3 rs is certainly better than 10 rs !!!
See pingping's theory (of Govt's trick) is already working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping
This is a trick played by the Government. *They mentally prepare the people to face a greater shock*. Once prepared they rise it by relatively smaller amount to face less hatred from the public.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:15   #485
ECM
BHPian

When Inflation above 8 I wonder this may turnout to be a "Harakiri" for UPA govt,in the best case we may not see any change in Diesel price,petrol as usual being a unwanted kid of govt.may see a price hike.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:33   #486
BHPian

Source follows as requested by @SumitB, @liberal, @adityamunshi, @akroy & @revved_up

TOI : Cabinet to decide on fuel price hike tomorrow

Seems authentic spoke to my brother who works for BPCL the hike seems imminent though not to the extent asked by Murli Deora
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:37   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
When Inflation above 8 I wonder this may turnout to be a "Harakiri" for UPA govt,in the best case we may not see any change in Diesel price,petrol as usual being a unwanted kid of govt.may see a price hike.
"When diesel prices are rised"

- results in rental hike of commercial vehicles
- thereby resulting in increased prices of all essential commodities including vegetables, milk and daily essentials

"when petrol prices are rised"

- results in direct harassement of poor and middle class in transport.

In both cases it will fetch a great hatredness among the people. Thats the reason the government is playing a big trick of mentally scaring the people with 10rs/7rs and all and then hiking it by 3rs/2rs.

We may positively expect this hike by tomorrow. Lets hope for the best.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:57   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Not many people know that Crude is taxed so heavily in our country.. I would have had no problems if it were being used for nation building than on politico kid studying abroad and driving exotic cars.

Well said e_t. Government of India had virtually fleeced its citizens over fuel prices in India since independence, even when crude prices were low. Is there any organization which can pull GOI up over this? May be courts can or may be some one who has time, money and energy to demand details such as cost of crude, cost of refining, taxes, profits etc under Right to Information Act. If these details are made available then the extent of looting by GOI will emerge. All that talk about subsidies appears bull$*%# because first they bloat the cost of fuel by adding hundred taxes to a ridiculous heights and then they take out a bit from it and say, " hey, we have subsidised it. " Oil companies may be losing but what about GOI and State Govs. which are pocketing huge sums by way of taxes on fuel. Let these Govs. share some of their loot with the oil companies.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:57   #489
Senior - BHPian

Guys is it really increasing. if so , i will fill both my cars upto the brim.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:58   #490
BHPian

Fuel Rationing

I just don't get this rationing thing. If I am compelled to fill only upto 500 rs in a particular bunk. What is stopping me from filling from another 2-3 bunks to tank my car up (mindful of the hassle each time i fill up).
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:03   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Well said e_t. Government of India had virtually fleeced its citizens over fuel prices in India since independence, even when crude prices were low. Is there any organization which can pull GOI up over this? May be courts can or may be some one who has time, money and energy to demand details such as cost of crude, cost of refining, taxes, profits etc under Right to Information Act. If these details are made available then the extent of looting by GOI will emerge. All that talk about subsidies appears bull$*%# because first they bloat the cost of fuel by adding hundred taxes to a ridiculous heights and then they take out a bit from it and say, " hey, we have subsidised it. " Oil companies may be losing but what about GOI and State Govs. which are pocketing huge sums by way of taxes on fuel. Let these Govs. share some of their loot with the oil companies.
Disgustingly, government earnings increase as the crude oil prices increase in the world market.
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:26   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
See pingping's theory (of Govt's trick) is already working.
Ha ha.. true it is !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Guys is it really increasing. if so , i will fill both my cars upto the brim.
What the big difference. What do you do after they get over. You again fill with the new rates...
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:10   #493
Senior - BHPian

Atleast I get to smile for the few rupees i save. Earning is tough dude.
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:18   #494
Senior - BHPian

I had just read an article in rediff .Petrol in Venenzuala costs Rs. 2 per litre. Yes i repeat 2 Bucks !!! Why wasnt i born there?
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:27   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

The hike would be decided either on Wednesday or Thursday, I am hoping there is a rise in petrol only and they leave diesel alone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks