Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 17:38   #3661
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Rs. 2/- reduction only? The price of Brent crude has fallen from $115 (on the back of which we saw a steep increase) to $ 107. A minimum of 5-7%. The exchange rate is almost the same. Considering petrol price of Rs 82/- in Mumbai, price reduction of minimum Rs. 5/- should be done. Otherwise somebody should file a PIL against the oil companies for cheating the public and profiteering out of monopoly.
sandeep108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 17:40   #3662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Crude price have been gone below $100 mark. So it's time to expect some good news.
WTI is not the reference for us. Brent is a much better reference. It dropped momentarily below $104 last night, but is around $106 now. Actually we have a basket but Brent is closer to the mark. WTI/NYMEX is a US specific price.
Old 16th July 2014, 18:18   #3663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Read the post again, it is Bulk and not Retail. Wait Petrol should be round the corner.
I understand that and the same post also says the diesel price has not been increased. So why the dalay in reducing petrol prices?
Old 16th July 2014, 20:13   #3664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I understand that and the same post also says the diesel price has not been increased. So why the dalay in reducing petrol prices?
Diesel price is increased monthly, so wait for the end of the month. At that time expect Petrol prices also to be adjusted. Bulk Diesel, ATF are adjusted as they see fit, and there is no calender as such.
Old 16th July 2014, 20:25   #3665
Senior - BHPian

Got it ... I was having the impression that the price revision was fortnightly rather than monthly
Old 17th July 2014, 12:06   #3666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Rs. 2/- reduction only? The price of Brent crude has fallen from $115 (on the back of which we saw a steep increase) to $ 107. A minimum of 5-7%. The exchange rate is almost the same. Considering petrol price of Rs 82/- in Mumbai, price reduction of minimum Rs. 5/- should be done. Otherwise somebody should file a PIL against the oil companies for cheating the public and profiteering out of monopoly.
based on what you mentioned i agree it should be much more than 2 Rs. I do hope that it gets translated to actual reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Got it ... I was having the impression that the price revision was fortnightly rather than monthly
Diesel Price is not de-regulated and is revised (upwards) monthly as it is a predetermined increase as per the cabinet decision. Petrol is de-regulated and is supposed to be revised every 15 days and not monthly. They might skip it if there is not much change in the crude price or exchange rate. Skipping the revision this time is not justified as there has been significant reduction in the price of crude so it should have been brought down.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 12:56   #3667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Diesel Price is not de-regulated and is revised (upwards) monthly as it is a predetermined increase as per the cabinet decision. Petrol is de-regulated and is supposed to be revised every 15 days and not monthly. They might skip it if there is not much change in the crude price or exchange rate. Skipping the revision this time is not justified as there has been significant reduction in the price of crude so it should have been brought down.
That was exactly my point.. when there is a huge cooling down of crude prices, why are they delaying the reduction in petrol price? This is cheap stuff from the OMCs to make some money. They would be making additonal profit of 3-4 Rs/liter of petrol.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 05:46   #3668
Senior - BHPian

Now CAG also criticises the import price parity

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/38635830.cms
Old 28th July 2014, 13:07   #3669
Senior - BHPian

Petrol price cut imminent. Diesel after the 0.50 increase set to fall to under Re.1
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/39136998.cms
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 13:11   #3670
Senior - BHPian

why don't they watch out for 4 days successively while increasing prices ... just to check if international petrol prices are still registering 'that uniform increasing trend'.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 14:51   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol price cut imminent. Diesel after the 0.50 increase set to fall to under Re.1
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/39136998.cms
I don't want to sound like a cynic, but I'd eat my hat if the price cut isn't a lollypop like 1-2 ₹ We all know that in the garb of deregulated petrol prices, petrol vehicle owners are being forced to cross-subsidize Diesel.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:02   #3672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I don't want to sound like a cynic, but I'd eat my hat if the price cut isn't a lollypop like 1-2 ₹
I am waiting for the announcement that Diesel is also unregulated. Then they can go after the tougher cookies, kerosene and LPG!
Old 29th July 2014, 17:27   #3673
BHPian

Quote:
I am waiting for the announcement that Diesel is also unregulated. Then they can go after the tougher cookies, kerosene and LPG!
That would be a tough battle to wage for the government & I'm doubtful if they'd take it by the horns.

But then again, I never thought that Diesel would be deregulated in my lifetime in this country. So, who knows, we might see deregulation of Kerosene & LPG!
Old 31st July 2014, 17:38   #3674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I don't want to sound like a cynic, but I'd eat my hat if the price cut isn't a lollypop like 1-2 ₹ We all know that in the garb of deregulated petrol prices, petrol vehicle owners are being forced to cross-subsidize Diesel.

i hope the petrol price cut is a substantial 3 Rs or more. Anyway we should know in a few hours
Old 31st July 2014, 18:51   #3675
BHPian

Petrol Price Cut by Rs. 1.09, Diesel Hiked by 50 paise.

Source: NDTV.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks