Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 20:28   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Fuel costs Rs 46.73 a liter at Munnar. Needless to say we at Bangalore pay the heaviest of the lot ( I won't be shocked if our govt is charging even Education Cess on fuel) . Its a burden driving a car in Bangalore, even more so if its a modded one and you like redlining. But what I feel good about is the fact that we atleast get good quality fuel in Bangalore unlike most places in TN. Yes, that includes the Metro's and other big cities too.
Old 13th August 2007, 20:44   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats eye-watering. We pay Rs 50.52 for the same petrol here in BLR
And thats INR 47.44 per liter for regular unleaded in chennai. Dont even compare the quality now.

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2007 at 20:46.
Old 13th August 2007, 20:46   #303
BHPian

48.78 Rs/ Liter of regular petrol is what I pay in Hyderabad, we are not yet as expensive as Bangalore, not far behind either.
Old 13th August 2007, 21:05   #304
BHPian

This weekend I was in Pondy. 1 litre of Petrol is Rs 41.44/-, think that's the cheapest in India I guess. We reached Pondywith the bare minimum fuel to take us to Pondy and we topped up the tank. Rs 6.00/- less than Chennai.
Old 13th August 2007, 21:23   #305
Senior - BHPian

Petrol in UP - 46.xx (Normal Unleaded, PSU Oilco's) 48.65 (Reliance)
Old 14th August 2007, 01:44   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
And thats INR 47.44 per liter for regular unleaded in chennai. Dont even compare the quality now.
I am sorry, you are seriously mistaken, naditya, petrol in chennai is the purest (most of the refineries are here), only you don't have a clue as to where you have to go to get that, as do most of the bangy boys. In valsaravakkam or virugambakkam where you stay there are plenty of these spurious bunks since those places are actually suburbs of chennai. Find some good bunks inside the city, if you cannot, please PM me & i will be glad to help you. When you are in Rome, be a Roman, do not over react. chill & cheers (with the best of KFs in chennai)
Old 14th August 2007, 08:29   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats eye-watering. We pay Rs 50.52 for the same petrol here in BLR
Bangalore, my observation has been for Normal petrol Rs.50.56/-
Shell Normal Petrol is Rs.50.62/-, Can you please tell me location where petrol is sold for Rs.50.52/- ?

When queried around at Shell filling stations, they didn't have answer why they were charging 6 paisa more, just gave a smile.
Old 14th August 2007, 08:34   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Bangalore, my observation has been for Normal petrol Rs.50.56/-
Shell Normal Petrol is Rs.50.62/-, Can you please tell me location where petrol is sold for Rs.50.52/- ?
I think that was a typo error from Maggie, he actually meant 50.62 (the shell normal price)
Well, I didnt know that Shell petrol is 6 paisa more per litre. I thought everywhere the cost is same...

Abhi
Old 14th August 2007, 08:35   #309
BHPian

long list of cess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
why is it highest in bangalore? what are the taxes that are levied on fuel?
Cess for Light Rail Transit System’ (ELRTS), money remains unutilised,
10 per cent ‘infrastructure cess’ on Registraion cost.

then there are education cess, health cess, library cess....
Old 14th August 2007, 08:50   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Everything in Bangalore/ Karnataka is expensive. Imagine road tax at 15% of the ex showroom price....
I thnk that the price of fuel depends on the state determined taxes. and more taxes puts more money in the hands of the state govts. Thus there is more loot for the ppl in power to dig their dirty hands into.
Old 14th August 2007, 09:25   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I didnt know that Shell petrol is 6 paisa more per litre. I thought everywhere the cost is same...
I can understand a 6 ps more but why Rs.2 per litre more for Reliance. I fill only at Shell petrol bunks in Bangalore and in Kerala i used to fill at Reliance. Now with Rs.2 more i started thinking twice....I would rather go a reputed BP/ IOC bunk and save that Rs.90 for a 45 L refill.
Old 14th August 2007, 10:37   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
lpg is per kg, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
LPG is per KG.
When was the last time you re-fuelled your LPG car & how did the attendant manage to drop the gas into your tank ?
Old 14th August 2007, 11:28   #313
Team-BHP Support

Another one here, lamenting over the taxes and exorbitant taxes in Bangalore.

Back to the topic, the others have already mentioned the crazy amounts we are forced to shell out for fuel.
Old 15th August 2007, 20:30   #314
BHPian

delhi has the lowest of petrol prices ......guys the prices also depend on the vat rate of the state ....so is there any difference in the vat rate of other states ???i think in delhi it is 4%
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:58   #315
Senior - BHPian

govt to hike petrol prices by Rs.4/-

From IBN Live

New Delhi: Government is considering an increase of Rs 4 a litre in petrol price to moderate the impact of high international crude oil prices on state-run oil firms.
Diesel price is expected to go up by Rs 2.
The Group of Ministers of fuel headed by External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee is expected to meet later this month. A meeting of the Cabinet will follow this and a hike is likely in first week of February.
"The GoM on food is meeting on January 8. The GoM on fuel is likely to meet very soon after that," Petroleum Secretary MS Srinivasan said in New Delhi on Wednesday.
He said a moderate increase in fuel prices was likely, but refused to speculate on the quantum of increase. The GoM has not met even once since its constitution in November.
Sources close to the Congress party, which is heading the UPA coalition government, said a hike of Rs 4 in petrol and Rs 2 in diesel was being considered.
Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum are projected to lose Rs 69,753 crore on sale of petrol, diesel, and domestic LPG and PDS kerosene as government has not allowed them to raise prices in line with the price of imported crude.
Petrol is being sold at a loss of Rs 8.74 a litre, diesel at Rs 9.92 per litre, kerosene Rs 20.53 a litre and LPG at a loss of Rs 256.35 per cylinder.
The current price of Indian basket of crude oil is higher by around $22-23 a barrel over the international price prevailing at the time of last increase in petrol and diesel prices on June 6, 2006, officials said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks