Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 14:00   #211
Jay
BHPian

Wll this is the entire mail that i got......... i have used the copy paste method instead of typing it all over again.

Dear Friends !

Petrol in Pakistan Rs17 per litr
Malaysia Rs 18 per litr
In India it's 48 per litr

Why this difference in Asia itself ? World Market CRUDE Oil is not
the reason for this. It's all Gain for private owners? As we are the
general public, or Common Man as R.K.Laxman wud hv said, we have to
raise our voice, let's raise thru Emails.

Forward this to all Indians who care.
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.
THEREFORE "THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd " HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT
AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES,
TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH AFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 22nd A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us do
it for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol .. ...

REMEMBER : SEPTEMBER 22nd 2006

Mods if u feel its inappropriate then feel free to delete it....
Old 12th May 2006, 14:07   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
How many of you know that we still pay 1 Re.surcharge per liter for Gulf war between Iran and Iraq?Jay ho..!
Yes, i remember that.

The problem is that >50% of petrol price today is due to taxes. While oil PSU's make losses, the Govt in general prospers - evens things out for each other; what about us? Why cant govt rationalise the taxes that it collects? I cannot see increased govt spending on roads/footpaths and other general infrastructure each time there is is petrol price hike, so where are the funds going?
Old 31st May 2006, 07:13   #213
BHPian

Alright...

Report in the hindu says that petrol proce is set to increase by Rs.2- Rs.3 a litre, while increase in deisel will be marginal. No increase in LPG/Kerosene prices.

On the inside pages; a more detailed report says tht the oil companies actually wanted a Rs 10.5/ltr hike for petrol, 9.88/ltr for deisel, 16.78/ltr for kerosene, and Rs.120 per LPG cylinder.

Something doesnt sound right...no?
If the OIL PSUs say that they are making such huge losses, will just a price increase in Petrol, and a marginal increase in Deisel make them happy??

Its the general trend...the Oil companies clamour for a price hike, and the govt increases them marginally..then they go quiet for abt 6 months and then..again the cycle starts.

somethings real fishy here.... either the Oil companies in their magnanimity have decided to absorb losses for the 'common good' of the country, or....

they are over reporting their losses...the figures they quote....my god! any company would go bankrupt with such under recoveries, and losses!!!
If anyone can educate me on this ??
Old 31st May 2006, 09:25   #214
ECM
BHPian

No education is needed.If oil marketing cos can CUT their own costs that will be well and good.Lot of corruption is going on in almost all major Oil marketing cos and we see such reports once in a week time in news channels.If they can CUT their expense their bottom line(profits)will automatically go up.
Old 2nd June 2006, 20:35   #215
BHPian

Well. Please check this

Petrol in Pakistan Rs17 per litr

Just now asked my friend in Karachi, He said, Petrol is around 60 Rs per Litre there.. India is way cheap compare to pak.
Old 5th June 2006, 18:45   #216
Senior - BHPian

NEWS FLASH on tv: Petrol prices hiked by rs 4 per litre, diesel hiked by rs 2 per litre. LPG, Kerosene spared.
Sigh....
Old 5th June 2006, 18:48   #217
Jay
BHPian

Just saw the news.... Rs 4 more per litre of petrol.... LPG unchanged... i guess i'll have to get an LPG kit fitted on my Santro....
Old 5th June 2006, 19:05   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Just saw the news.... Rs 4 more per litre of petrol.... LPG unchanged... i guess i'll have to get an LPG kit fitted on my Santro....
here is the link http://in.rediff.com/money/2006/jun/05petrol.htm

Obviously the bangalore prices will be the highest in the country again..
Old 5th June 2006, 19:58   #219

Damm, again fuel price hike. I think we should go for alternate fule now. In India as of now. I think CNG is the cheapest and safer then LGP ?
Old 6th June 2006, 15:03   #220
Senior - BHPian

And so finally it has happened; saada 87 RON has crossed the half-century mark...we need some strong aandolans to reform this damn petro-structure..something like the doctors' strike going on now....
Old 6th June 2006, 15:48   #221
Senior - BHPian

Hmm is there anyway we can do an andolan to tell the govt to clean up their act on distribution costs to remove the burden on the end consumers???

More I think about it most of the developed countries have pipelines laid to major cities to cut down on distribution costs whereas it is a great business here in india to transport limited quantities and pass on the buck to the poor consumer (i.e. burden the world to employ a few ... interesting world of babudom).

PS: why should we pay excise + taxes + surcharges on a daily necessity, the tax regime on nessasary goods needs to be abolished. Damn I pay a surcharge on fuel for over 10 years when I dont have roads to drive on, have traffic jams that leads to more fuel consumption and more surcharges. Next we will have taxes on drinking water.

Last edited by Psycho : 6th June 2006 at 15:51.
Old 6th June 2006, 16:15   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Next we will have taxes on drinking water.
Hah..there already ARE taxes on water; on mineral water, though. And before ya ask, municipal water is undergoing a "tax" bill...if passed, well....
Old 6th June 2006, 19:01   #223
mxx
BHPian

I am curious.
So, a question to everyone who is against the price hike.
Are you people against the price hike because you are ignorant of why the price hike had to happen? Or is it because you guys dont care as long as it does not pinch your pockets?
Old 8th June 2006, 13:03   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
I am curious.
Are you people against the price hike because you are ignorant of why the price hike had to happen? Or is it because you guys dont care as long as it does not pinch your pockets?
Interesting, yes we do understand why the price had to go up, but : Why taxes on essential goods???
Old 8th June 2006, 13:13   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
I am curious.
We all understand that nothing comes for free. Government says it can not cut taxes, because it will take a hit on revenue.

I am by no means an economist, but consider following example.

Let say, "X" consumes 10 ltr petrol at 10 Rs/ltr (hypothetical) with 10% tax. Total expenditure is 100 Rs. So government gets 10 Rs as Tax.
Price is hiked to 20Rs/ltr now. Poor "X" needs nothing less than 10 ltr Petrol, so he has to pay 200Rs now. Government gets 20 Rs as Tax now.

So with price hike, government adds its own revenue, which has nothing to do with loss making Oil companies. Why can't government cut taxes to reduce the burden on common man?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks