Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2005, 13:24   #1
BHPian

Fiat Palio Adventure On Road

Hello all,

New member here. Happened to hit this site while surfing on the web for content on the indian auto scene. Spent a few hours last night. Wealth of experience and advise here.

Anyways,

Saw the Palio Adventure first hand at the Mumbai motor show and saw the first one on road yesterday. White color. I had the opportunity to sit inside and get a feel of the car at the motor show. It is a fully loaded car. The Fiat salesman told me that they were expecting to put in on road by March end. He said it might be around 6.5 lakhs. Given the price point, I feel it is tremendous value for money, considering it is fully loaded and offers tremendous space.

And the looks !!!!! Just amazing stance and presence. Just the right size - bigger than a 3 box car but smaller than an out and out SUV.

I have always loved the looks of the Fiat cars, Palio and Petra. But my only concern has been the state and future of Fiat in India. But per reports trickling in, Fiat seems to be slowly and surely getting its act together again.

Hope the new Petra and this Adventure turn the tide in Fiat's favor.
Old 15th March 2005, 13:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

welcome to the forum Hell.

The Adventure has been on sale for a few years now. The fact that it hasn't sold well is the reason you don't see many on the roads.

As a car, its great. Best in its class i would say. Great suspension, ground clearance that allows you to drive it flat out without bothering about our craters! But the spectre of the company is what clouds propective buyers minds. And that does not look like it's going to change for a few years yet. If at all.
Old 15th March 2005, 13:46   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rtech,

Had you not checked out an Adventure once as a possible buy?

GTO
Old 15th March 2005, 13:47   #4
BHPian

it sure has been for sale & i've been looking for one for sometime now, i might see one once a week if i'm lucky!
Old 15th March 2005, 13:49   #5
BHPian

That is wierd

While I saw lots of Palios, I never did see an Adventure. Also when I spoke to the Fiat guy, he said it would be "available end March", which kind of means it is just launching right ? I made it clear to the salesman that as I understood it, the Palio Adventure was displayed on Fiat India's website (which subsequently was shut down) for a long time, but I understood that it was not yet launched. He did not seem to disagree with that, but instead spoke about availability by the month end.

I might have missed out the launch perhaps, because I am back in bombay after a considerable amount of time, but i would have expected to see at least a few on road. The white one i mentioned in my post was the very first (and only) one i saw on the road.
Old 15th March 2005, 13:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hell,

as the others pointed out the adventure was on sale from a long time ...i have been seeing a grey one in vashi daily ! looks really handsome , everytime i passed it my eyes would still turn towards the car.

as regarding the fiat guy insisting on the car being launched - maybe fiat wants to wipe out bad memories of the adventure sales and start afresh . hope they get it right this time round !

cheers
Old 15th March 2005, 13:58   #7
BHPian

in chennai,
I keep seeing a good number of adventure and week enders.
does not have an ABS.
so have to go for the Fusion+
Old 15th March 2005, 14:04   #8
BHPian

well..looks I am the latest on the list of people who have not been given correct information by a Fiat guy.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the vehicle, at least the limited exposure I got to it.

Anyone here on the forum with first hand experiences on the Adventure ?

Price, FE, driveability, other issues etc ? would like some info as I have so far found nothing about the Adventure on this fiorum too :-)
Old 15th March 2005, 14:55   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone here on the forum with first hand experiences on the Adventure ?
I have briefly spoken on this in My long term review of the TDi.
Old 15th March 2005, 20:58   #10
BHPian

I visited Anuroop Fiat today at Goregaon. I actually went in to test drive the Palio D.

But I also ended up asking about the Palio Adventure. I was told that production of the Adventure has "stopped" or almost stopped for quite a while. But it is going to be re-launched late March / early April with a revised price tag and revised strategy/positioning.

I got some other information with respect to the Palio D which I am covering in a separate post.

ciao,
hell_rider
Old 16th March 2005, 11:51   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
Hope the new Petra and this Adventure turn the tide in Fiat's favor.
What new Petra? Is it changed for 2005?
Old 16th March 2005, 13:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
What new Petra? Is it changed for 2005?
One thing for sure, the interior is changed a bit. But, then they were also planning to launch Euro III version of Petra.
Old 17th April 2005, 00:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
But it is going to be re-launched late March / early April with a revised price tag and revised strategy/positioning.
hell_rider
I wonder what happened to the fiat adventure launch..the one thats suuposed to be at 6.5 L (on road?)
Old 17th April 2005, 19:38   #14
BHPian

like i mentioned in another thread too (on fiat), the relaunch is/was to be april, anytime after second week. last i spoke to anuroop regarding the fiat palio D, i was told to wait for the euro-III models. that was when i again asked about the adventure. I was told the same thing. launch to be by april (earliest after April 15'th), on road price to be around 6-6.5 lakhs, fully loaded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks