Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 07:33   #256
BHPian

Re: Speed 97 and high RON petrol discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
A quick update, turns out HP has cut the price of Power 99 by Rs 20. Must be due the lower priced IOL 95.

Feels very bad to see PSUs doing such stuff. Maybe expected from private players but HP

They increased around Rs 30 in one go if I recollect.
I just checked with my contact at the Faridabad pump stocking Power99. Today's rate is 135.55. No reduction has happened it seems.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 09:16   #257
Team-BHP Support

I got it filled yesterday from Karan Petroleum Gurgaon, Golf course road. I forgot exact rates so called now, today’s rate is Rs 116.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2021 at 09:20.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 17:17   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
I just checked with my contact at the Faridabad pump stocking Power99. Today's rate is 135.55. No reduction has happened it seems.
The price of Power99 does vary by state. I am guessing that maybe the Delhi/Gurgaon region was one of the biggest customers of Power99 and their sales have taken a bad hit since the launch of XP95, and they have done a pilot price reduction to see how much of the market they can recover. IOCL does have them in a bind since they provide 100 octane to the customer who don't care about fuel prices and have launched XP95 for the budget-conscious enthusiast. Power99 is just kind of stuck in the middle for now.

Note from Support: Please avoid using profanity in posts, directly or otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th June 2021 at 18:33. Reason: Profanity.
Old 7th June 2021, 21:02   #259
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update, turns out HP has cut the price of Power 99 by Rs 20. Must be due the lower priced IOL 95.

Feels very bad to see PSUs doing such stuff. Maybe expected from private players but HP

They increased around Rs 30 in one go if I recollect.
Is this a flat rate change across the country? If yes, do you know when the rate change happened? In Jaipur, Power99 was priced at Rs.149.97 on June 4th and I'm not sure if any change has happened since. I really hope that this price drop is national.

I definitely think that this is a delayed reaction to the rollout of XP95 in the country. I will be switching from Power99 to XP95 for once next weekend to collect some logs, let's see how XP95 performs in comparison with Proctane blending and Power99.
Old 7th June 2021, 21:24   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedGarage View Post
The price of Power99 does vary by state.
Yes, unlike XP100, which is Rs 160 across India. So, Delhi prices are a little higher than Gurgaon, the same as regular fuel. And these prices also change, haven't seen if daily or at some interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Is this a flat rate change across the country?
Rs 20 reduction was what the attendant told me. Depending on the taxes which are higher in Rajasthan, you may get a higher cut. On my M car, the difference between Power 99 & XP95 is barely, or at least appear so as the minimum requirement is 95. It was definitely louder with XP100

You should probably use XP100 @160 instead of HP at 140 if there is no change. But the best will be to try XP95 and share your feedback.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2021 at 21:26.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 08:16   #261
BHPian

Quote:
You should probably use XP100 @160 instead of HP at 140 if there is no change. But the best will be to try XP95 and share your feedback.
IOCL sadly dropped Jaipur as one of the cities where XP100 was available. I never got around to trying it as the petrol pump where it was made available was known for indulging in adulteration of fuel and also due to the fact that on Power99 I'm getting zero timing corrections or knocks so I won't be looking to spend the extra Rs.27 per liter. XP95 on the other hand is even cheaper and I will be trying just a tank for knowledge purposes.
Old 8th June 2021, 09:53   #262
BHPian

Note to mods: Please consider creating a new thread for the XP95 discussion

I think we all need to fully appreciate the launch of XP95 and the importance of this launch for all turbo-engined car/SUV owners - for the first time, we have OEM-recommended fuel grade that is 95-Octane available all across India.

I have a friend with high-level contacts in IOCL, and have learnt the following:

1. Indian Oil has replaced XtraPremium brand with XP95. All pumps who sold XP have either already migrated to XP95, or will migrate in a month or so

2. Given that XP was available in most cities and on several highway pumps, the XP95 will also be available widely across India. This means getting a consistent, quality fuel for those planning inter-city or outstation travel. IOCL app can already guide you to the nearest pump with XP

3. IOCL was long planning to launch 95 Octane, however BS6 fuel shift and Covid delayed their plans.

It will be interesting to see if HP and BP also launch rival 95-Octane products. The pricing premium of XP95 over regular fuel is such that few turbo-engined car owners will think twice before fuelling with it.
greenh0rn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 16:47   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, unlike XP100, which is Rs 160 across India. So, Delhi prices are a little higher than Gurgaon, the same as regular fuel. And these prices also change, haven't seen if daily or at some interval.

Rs 20 reduction was what the attendant told me. Depending on the taxes which are higher in Rajasthan, you may get a higher cut. On my M car, the difference between Power 99 & XP95 is barely, or at least appear so as the minimum requirement is 95. It was definitely louder with XP100

Power99 is still priced at ₹155.68/L in Jaipur. I guess we aren't as lucky as the folks in delhi and Gurgaon :(
Old 17th June 2021, 00:38   #264
BHPian

For the folks in North Bangalore, the Indian Oil Petrol bunk on Bellary Road near the Kodigehalli Gate signal has XP95. This is the bunk that you find on the service road on your left just before the Kodigehalli Gate signal when going towards Hebbal.

INDIAN OIL (BS6) SRI SHARADA ENTERPRISES (BS6 PETROL & DIESEL)
094485 14811
https://goo.gl/maps/CaMVu3t7REmKnvz68

Last edited by Yakuza : 17th June 2021 at 00:42.
Yakuza is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 16:56   #265
BHPian

Filled up my Creta 1.4 T-GDI with XP95 last night at IOCL COCO, Niti Marg which happens to be my favorite pump in Delhi (frequented by State and Union Ministers). Car felt smoother during acceleration in the short drive home. Shall share comparative mileage figures after doing a few hundred KMs
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 01:01   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
1. Indian Oil has replaced XtraPremium brand with XP95. All pumps who sold XP have either already migrated to XP95, or will migrate in a month or so
Has this happened ? Last I checked a few weeks ago their BKC COCO pump in Mumbai which is right below their head office did not have XP95 hence I was forced to fill XP100 at a heart burning price.
When I asked the attendant he mentioned that only a hand full of pumps in Mumbai currently have 95 octane
Old 9th July 2021, 11:11   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Has this happened ? Last I checked a few weeks ago their BKC COCO pump in Mumbai which is right below their head office did not have XP95 hence I was forced to fill XP100 at a heart burning price.
When I asked the attendant he mentioned that only a hand full of pumps in Mumbai currently have 95 octane
Yes, quite a few XtraPremium pumps have not switched yet, and I don't know why. Most likely it's the dead stock that still needs to be sold, before they put the new fuel and stickers on the pump.

Incidentally, many pumps now have huge billboards advertising XP95, even if they are still selling XtraPremium dead stock
Old 11th July 2021, 15:11   #268
BHPian

Is there any COCO pumps at Kochi have the RON 95 Petrol? Just wanted to give a try but so far I haven't came across those such pumps. If anyone have any idea, please share.
Old 31st July 2021, 17:48   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Pune BHPians- Where can I get higher octane fuel in the city? I’m staying at the Conrad currently and would prefer something closeby. Please suggest
Old 31st July 2021, 22:33   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Pune BHPians- Where can I get higher octane fuel in the city? I’m staying at the Conrad currently and would prefer something closeby. Please suggest
At the BP pump opposite Pune RTO.

Most Viewed