Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 03:35   #46
BHPian

A theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its really bad to see honda taking this move. I understand what you are feeling.

I was also really shocked to hear this. This is beyond my imagination that honda can do this.

You are right, but then he can also wait for new corolla. now as civic has hurt corolla, the new corolla expected in August can be priced lower than civic.

I personally feel that Honda is paving way for jazz, new honda city. Looks like the new honda city will go for 9.0-9.5 and jazz will be a premium hatch back competing with Fabia.

In the end its wrong move by Honda and now clearly it is charging way too much for civic now.

Guys, a theory you guys can confirm with your thinking hats on. The Rupee has devalued quite a bit in the last six months. The Hondas are here to earn money so they try to raise prices. Simply raising prices across the product line is cliche. So they try to be innovative. They scrap the lower versions. bet for the power of Civic in the mind of the consumer and then will raise the bar with the sports model. I presume they will also create more bells and whistles into it by introducing a la L&K like Skoda. Basically, they are trying to make the civic special. The prices follow..they beat the rupee devaluation.
Old 17th June 2008, 04:08   #47
BHPian

Its sad to see a car like CIVIC stripped so down, it was always selling very well, but people u want the real civic will always buy the V model, if u buying such a classy car paying so much, u would want all the features in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks