Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which SUV do you want?
Honda CR-V 9 22.50%
Ford Endeavour 15 37.50%
Toyota Fortuner 14 35.00%
Hyundai Tucson 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2005, 20:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

make that 3 votes for the forester
Old 15th February 2005, 23:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Honda CR-V it is!
Its jsut too good.The manual version is wot i wud go for.It has the power to match its looks.

X
Old 15th February 2005, 23:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner for me, its got that macho image with decent drivability, im sure the turbo diesel would be pretty torquey for city driving. seems much more spacious as well, the crv is way too subtle infront of it so it gets knocked out.
Old 15th February 2005, 23:58   #19
bhp
BHPian

ford endeavour for me in black for it s road presence and awesome driving feel !! it is like rule the road after the laal dabba s
Old 16th February 2005, 00:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

fortuner for me,but a crv with cdti engine is first choice always.
Old 16th February 2005, 10:22   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Why is Chevy Forester not in this list? The Forester has much better legacy and reputation in off-roading when compared to Honda. The Subaru AWDs have excellent track record.

Is there some problem with the Forester variant offered in India? If I am to buy a SUV in India, I was thinking of buying the Forester.
Well, to label the Forester a SUV is stretching it a bit. I'm not doubting its offroad ability as compared to the CRV, but where is the interior room in that car? The rear seat is almost non existant! Trust me, I wanted this car instead of the Skoda, but its lack of interior room was the deciding factor against it.

The Forester is a station wagon with AWD and raised suspension.
Old 16th February 2005, 10:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

For me nothing but the Ford Endeavour. Its huge its bulky with amazing torque and off road capability. And its something with wich I can take care of the cockroches on the road (read autos)

Dippy
Old 16th February 2005, 10:44   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
The Forester is a station wagon with AWD and raised suspension.
You can say the same for many mini SUVs including CR-V which is based on Civic platform.
Old 16th February 2005, 11:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

Well, not to defend the CRV or anything as i don't consider it an SUV either, but atleast the CRV has a different body and mechanicals. You can't say it looks like a Civic can you?
Old 17th February 2005, 12:37   #25
BHPian

My vote goes for the Fortuner. I hope they price it around 12 - 13 lacs. Better package overall as a SUV.
Nothing to take away from the CRV (excellent powertrain and handling), but I d rather get the Fortuner.
Old 17th February 2005, 13:08   #26
BHPian

I voted for Honda CRV but thats not my choice of SUV ...
If i had to buy one ( Read If i have loads of money ) I will buy Subaru Forester
Old 17th February 2005, 13:17   #27

Nothing beats the Beast Endevaour

Fortuner is based on Innova Platform, its a SUV looking station wagen.. CRV is bigger accord..
Nobody can beat FORD in SUV's they are master of beasts.. Endeavour for me any time.
Old 17th February 2005, 21:22   #28
BHPian

CRV for me too ...a car like feel in a SUV(if you consider it one),great to drive around the city,powerful ..well just enough,luxurious,and lastly the 'Honda badge'...only 2 issues.....a lil too expensive and desperately in need for a disel.......also if we are looking at SUV's ...well sort of other than the one's mentioned take i would also consider the F-RV over the C-RV

Here's some pics if not seen one,the rear resembles somewhat like the X5

Old 17th February 2005, 22:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
make that 3 votes for the forester
Make that 4!! I know it's off-topic for this thread, but did you guys read in this month's Autocar India about GM's plan to replace the 2.0ltr 120bhp Forester currently available in India, with a 2.5ltr 165bhp model! Drool

I think it's time for me to start buying lottery tickets....
Old 18th February 2005, 00:44   #30
BHPian

Well ,if you have ample of money and dont mind the cost of petrol , then blindly go for the CR-V(though it does not have the sporty and musculor look of tucson) as it has proved itself over the years to the world ,about the reliability etc.
But , if you ask me i would go for the Hyundai Tucson(as for now) coz of the CRD-i engine . I know its a Hyundai and even i used to hate Hyundai for making cheap cars but NO MORE!!!

Did you know ,theres a waiting of 6 months for Hyundai Tucson in canada , 4 months in Australia and Spain as Hyundai is not able to cope up with the(unexpected) increased demand from various countries ,across the globe and it has been awarded the BEST NEW SMALL SUV of 2004( instead of being in the same group along with Nissan x -trail and others) in Canada !!!

It really is shocking to everyone(including me) ,but the reality is that Hyundai is no more the same cheap , unreliable brand(example being Elentra and Terrecan) and is surely not that far away from the japenese Mfrs. and be assured if HYundai keeps on going the same way as it is , it will be a force to reckon with in the coming years !!

and as far as the Endeavour is concerned , i think Tata's 407 or any other mini truck would be a better option than that !!! Coz i dont think there's much difference in the ride quality of these two(both will provide you the bumpy, unsettled ride on rough roads, taking care of your DIGESTION problem) !!!

I love the styling of Hyundai tucson , My pick is Hyundai Tucson .

Last edited by Beemer : 18th February 2005 at 01:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks