Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2017, 12:49   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: The best and worst color of a car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Just wanted to understand the impact of the car colour on the air conditioning. Do dark colours and moreso black become particularly hot in summers than say a light colored car. I am looking at the Scorpio in black, its so sexy. But, not sure if it's the right choice from the AC perspective.
Yes, they do. All dark colored cars do tend to get heated a little quicker than the lighter colored cars, but only while the car is being taken out from stationary condition. Specially during the summers in the south. A cost effective way is to to whiten the roof with a 3M vinyl, to quicken the AC effectiveness.

Once the car is moving, the AC is on, and the temperature inside the cabin has become optimum, you will not find much difference.
Old 5th November 2017, 08:03   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
A cost effective way is to to whiten the roof with a 3M vinyl, to quicken the AC effectiveness.

Novice in this area. How good are these wraps, peels and vinyl coverings? Do they peel off, edges coming off in the future, fade etc or is it a one time fit and forget solution?
Old 5th November 2017, 08:15   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Novice in this area. How good are these wraps, peels and vinyl coverings? Do they peel off, edges coming off in the future, fade etc or is it a one time fit and forget solution?
It will last the lifetime of your car if mantained well. However a small scratch, dent will damage the wrap and once an area gets damaged, it can be easily peeled off like a cover. I have wrapped the sidesteps of my Storme matt black and inspite of heavy usage, it has lasted well for the past 2 years, so I guess a roof wrap should last easily for the next 3/5 years. But do get it wrapped from reliable sources like 3M only, the local brands suck
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 09:18   #259
Senior - BHPian

It there is a colour which I have taken a dislike for is the orange. This was first released by FIAT and then taken up by many others. I ofter refer to is as hideous orange.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 11:38   #260
BHPian

Worst colour is green. I saw a green Chevrolet Beat and hated that colour.
Another hideous colour for a man to drive is Pink. Pink Altos!
Old 5th November 2017, 12:01   #261
BHPian

I'm not a fan of Pink colour on cars. Any shade of pink for that matter. I first saw Pink on the Zen Estilo and never understood the appeal.
Don't get me wrong I like the colour pink(the dark shade closer to red, the dark pinkish shade), but on cars a big no no!

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 5th November 2017 at 12:02.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:24   #262
Senior - BHPian

I hate that odd red/brick/maroon kind of shade. The perfect description for this color would be 'paan spit color' is the color which comes in the old xuv
Old 9th November 2017, 13:39   #263
BHPian

I think this is purely based on individual taste and varies from person to person. I am a big fan of White, Silver and Grey.
And ohh boy Tesla Midnight silver Mettallic. Like this one. The photo doesn't do justice.
https://unpluggedperformance.com/por...etallic-p90d-l

As far as worst colour goes, nothing is as hideous as the chocolate color. Even I overheard my colony kids referring it as sh@t colour.
Old 9th November 2017, 13:41   #264
BHPian

I dislike the flourescent green colour, especially when does an outside paint job. It may go well with super cars (ala Lamborghini) but absolutely sucks on smaller/non-exotic cars. The Estilo Pink is another one on the charts and clearly I am not the only one aghast with the choice

Best colours - goes with the context! Love the racy blue and the red of vRS. White looks splendid with larger cars
Hells Bells is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 14:43   #265
BHPian

Best is always the White for me, not my favorite color but looks pristine on pretty much any model or brand. Worst are definitely Pink and fluorescent Green.
Old 17th November 2017, 23:39   #266
BHPian

Pink color of the Estilo was one of the ugliest shade I have ever seen, the second one would an after-market matt paint on a mod-Civic.
Old 18th November 2017, 01:58   #267
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey I have mostly bought Blue Coloured Cars and India in general has not been a fan of Blue cars till recently.

Darker colours like Blue, Black and Red take a better shine and polish and also get dirty and scratched most easily.

Lighter colours like White and Silver are easier to maintain.

I would not like to see a Pink car.

Lighter cars look bigger generally.

Recently an astro told me to stop buying Blue and Black cars.
Old 18th November 2017, 18:10   #268
BHPian

Parrot green colour of Santro Xing according to me is one of the worst colours of a car. I like the Carbon Steel shade of Rapid.
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:25   #269
Senior - BHPian

In my humble opinion, The best colours of cars are Silver or grey (Light shades). Silver or grey gives a classy look to the car and they are easy to maintain. Somehow, I m not a fan of a white vehicle.

The worst colour of the car is black. A small scratch or minor dent is evidently visible on a black( or any dark shade) cars. Moreover, black is not at all suitable for India summer. Pink, orange, yellow, fluorescent shades are ugly colours for a car.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 12:44   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
In my humble opinion, The best colours of cars are Silver or grey (Light shades). Silver or grey gives a classy look to the car and they are easy to maintain. Somehow, I m not a fan of a white vehicle.

The worst colour of the car is black. A small scratch or minor dent is evidently visible on a black( or any dark shade) cars. Moreover, black is not at all suitable for India summer. Pink, orange, yellow, fluorescent shades are ugly colours for a car.
I disagree. Silver is probably the worst "color" (if you may call it a color at all). It just never look new! drive a spank new silver color car out of the dealership, and get lost in the sea of vehicles. no one will give it a second look. It is easy to maintain, exactly because of the same reason. Dent or no dent, scratch or no scratch, it looks same bland. Same is true for White as well (this is true of mass market cars, like Dzire for example. A blue color dzire looks much better than a silver or white one).

The "class" color (again, if I may call it so) is Black, esp in bigger cars and SUVs. See a black Verna (latest one) and you would know what I mean. Yes, it is difficult to maintain.

Personally though, I would buy the color used in the official brochure/marketing campaigns for a particular car. Be it any color. THe Nexa blue shade looks smashing good on S-cross/Ciaz, Red/black on new Verna, Blue on new Ecosport/Nexon, that greenish-brown metallic color on new City, Red on Endeavor, all look better than other color options. The other day, I saw a dark red/maroon Innova crysta sport edition, and boy! what a looker it was.

P.S Jeep compass look equally good in all available colors.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks