Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 12:49   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
M&M could get it right only if they choose to ditch the old architecture of the frame and body and go for a radically new design approach.

the old platform is the real reason for the skewed ergonomics and I thoroughly hate M&M for this.
It seems that M&M have paid heed to people complaining about the Bolero &... as per the ACI report

Quote:
The new Bolero is likely to be a grounds-up new design and will be based on all-new chassis that is expected to be lighter and stronger than the current tubular frame ladder chassis. According to sources, M&M is developing a new generation, hydroformed ladder chassis that could underpin all its body-on-frame SUVs in the future.
Hopefully, few of its flaws will be ironed out in 2015... till then one can chose to avoid the Bolero & go for base Scorpio (with mEagle engine) instead.
Old 25th April 2013, 17:47   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Yes, I am aware of this variant. I thought they had stopped producing this variant. Which year did you buy your Bolero? And is it 2.5L or the DI Turbo ?
Hello everyone. This is my first post on team-bhp. I've haunted the website long enough for reviews but never had a reason to post anything. I just bought the Mahindra Bolero in the quote above.

Its a facelifted 2WD with the curvy roof- the one which has more legspace in the 2nd row. All digital dashboard- but still No AC & No PS. Rigid Leaf Spring on all four wheels. I will be posting an initial ownership thread soon.
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 13:52   #753
Senior - BHPian

Ownership Report at 120,000 KM

Almost going on five years now. Date of Purchase August 14, 2008, Bolero SLX with 3200 DI Engine, 2WD ( A regret ).

Major repairs this month.

Steering assembly changed along with tie rods - price Rs. 17,000
Two front shockers changed
Front headlights changed - Rs. 3300 each
COmplete bush assembly - Rs. 525
120,000 oil change

6 L Castrol Turbo - Rs. 1700
Diesel & Oil Filters - Rs. 300 odd
Air Filter - Rs. 415

Over the last 5 years the major cost incurred have been quite minimal really.

Brake pads and disks which is normal - 2 sets, roughly 60,000 KM intervals
Battery at 2 years and 10 months replaced. Again normal I would say
Its been through 2 sets of tyres. Ceat Formula 1 as OE, Yokohama Geolander which did 50,000 KM along with a new set of 4 x Steel Rims.
Now Bridgestone AT 693

Evaporator cleaning - No gas charge
Stablizer bar bush replacement - 4th set currently
Shocker repair - one front shocker was repaired in 2011
Air flow vent blockage - It had sucked in a plastic bag and a blockage was cleared
Fan belt - replaced once
Front passenger side window motor and frame - Replaced once.
Tail lights - replaced in 2012
Door lock - replaced 2 times
Driver door handle - replaced 3 times
Tailgate lock - repaired 6 times, replaced in 2012

Overall a good package and a very suitable car for Indian roads and highways.

Bad point - terrible ride quality, now I am 45 years old. get constant pain in lower back and bums on long rides.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 10:12   #754
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Bolero records sales milestone of over 6.5 lakh vehicles on Indian Roads.

Few car models has commanded Indian consumer respect for a prolonged period of time. One such unsung star is the Mahindra Bolero.

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-bolero.jpg

Every month when TBHP publishes the car sales figures, this is one car which had steadfast held its position right behind the high figured Maruti's.

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, announced that its flagship Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) brand, the Bolero, has achieved a new sales milestone with over 6.5 lac vehicles on Indian roads.
Launched in 2000, the Bolero is an aspirational, tough and rugged, entry level SUV with macho styling and go anywhere capability, which has been dominating Indian roads for 13 years.

The Bolero is India’s No.1 SUV for 7 years in a row and also the 5th highest selling passenger vehicle in India during April - September 2013.
The iconic SUV sold 1,17,665 units in FY-2013, as against 1,00,686 units during FY-2012, registering a growth of 17% becoming the only Indian SUV to sell over 100,000 vehicles, for 2 years in a row.
  • Launched in 2000
  • Bolero is India’s highest selling SUV for 7 years in a row from FY 2007
  • The 5th highest and only SUV in the Top 10 passenger vehicles in India
  • Ranked No. 1 in the TNS Customer Satisfaction Study 2012
  • only Indian SUV to sell over 100,000 vehicles, for 2 years in a row
Sales figure numbers from our own September sales analysis thread;
India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-bolerod-tbhp.jpg

Press Release: http://www.mahindra.com/News/Press-Releases/1383126491

Last edited by sarathlal : 31st October 2013 at 10:16.
sarathlal is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 12:36   #755
BHPian

2015 Bolero News ? Anybody ?
Old 19th November 2013, 17:46   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
2015 Bolero News ? Anybody ?
The only confirmed news is that the DI engine is not going to be in the new 2015 Bolero. It is going to be the M2Dicr (Low end) and a detuned version of the MHawk/CRde (top end).This will replace the current DI (low end) and M2Dicr (Top End)

I hope the 2015 Bolero comes with a 4x4 and a back seat which can be fully folded. The latter currently is the only thing I dont like about my Bolero
Old 20th November 2013, 20:43   #757
Senior - BHPian

May be they will do a Quanto on it. Shave the 110 mm from the vehicle, plonk the 3 cylinder 100 bhp Quanto engine in it, and one gets a sub 4 metre MUV.
Old 1st December 2013, 17:42   #758
Senior - BHPian

Recently in drove my brother in law's Bolero SLX, it was my first time in a Bolero! Its every lasting boxy design and the profile of a rough and tough SUV, i simply love its shape, its pure and simple straight lines.

The first impression was that its a Tractor and that's precisely why rural folk love it and live it.

It's very crude and rugged with a hardly user friendly interior. The handbrake and the gear level play kabbadi with each other. The dashboard in not straight, rather its in an arc. The power window switches are behind the handbrake.

The front seats are fixed on rails which are complete jugaad. there is hardly any legroom for the rear passengers and forget about the jump seats!

Well anyway that's what my point of view is, as i had very high expectation from the Bolero which is India's no.1 selling SUV but was brought to earth by the Bolero itself.

Anyway i had it for a week and forced to drive it, as the bigger vehicle has the right of way in Punjab and also one can make its own way.

I drove it in the village, town and the city. Trust me, every vehicle gave way except the buses and the trucks. It goes everywhere and anywhere! On the footpath, over the railway lines, through the fields...people just give way.

In the city, the Fortuners/Endy also gave way as they dont want to take on a Bolero, forget about the cars!

I sincerely hope MM does give a bigger heart, space and little bit of user friendly interior and please make the rear track of the same size as the front track, currently it looks like it has polio!

And a 4WD to make it a complete SUV!
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:52   #759

Hi Team,

Firstly I would like to thank the Team BHP for welcoming me in to the community. It's an honour to be a part of Team BHP and I do my best to with hold that as a Team BHPn.

Subject: Problems with my 4 months old BOLERO ZLX

I am putting down the issues I am facing with my brand new Bolero LX 2014:
  1. The acceleration Pedal Assembly is gone in the 2nd month of purchase. When I asked the Mahindra service executive he answered that this is a common problem with all new ZLX models and they have 6 vehicles in queue in the same month with same complaint.
  2. 4th month the whole vehicle is Shuddering / Vibrating when I apply break at a speed above 60 KMPH. When I complained on the same, service executive said that there's a problem with my disk brakes and they have changed the same. After driving for 1500KM i.e; just after a week days the same problem repeated where now my vehicle is in service centre since a week. Now the Service people are telling that they got instructions from Mahindra to change the entire set like Front Disks, Rear Drum and other spares to solve this problem.
  3. I bought my Vehicle from Anant Cars Bangalore, where they missed to give me the service book for which I am paying INR 500/- every free service to Anant Cars Service Centre. Both are from the same dealer even then they are not ready to do justice to their customer. Very poor communication between the sales and service teams. As they know that it's a free service why again they are charging INR 500/- extra for missing book. No idea about their business morals.

I myself a big fan of Bolero finally forced to regret about my choice of vehicle.
I am worried, if same problems repeat again and again with in a span of 4 months of purchase of a brand new vehicle, then what will be my stand after warranty period.

Team, kindly suggest me what step should I take further

Thank you & Regards,
DM
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:26   #760
Senior - BHPian

After useing it for five years I am tempted to buy one again. Just thinking should I have a look at the Sumo Gold as well.

I guess will do that and keep one rough vehicle for road trips upto 300 KM from here. I dont let any driver touch my Scorpio VLX 4WD or Thar these two are my personal cars.
Old 6th March 2016, 14:38   #761
BHPian

Was looking for a Bolero and was under confusion of whether to pick up a new one or an used one.
Found a well maintained bolero and bought the same.
My thanks to all members for their valuable posts regarding the bolero.
Attached Thumbnails
India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-bolero.jpg  

93000BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 01:06   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Was looking for a Bolero and was under confusion of whether to pick up a new one or an used one.
Found a well maintained bolero and bought the same.
My thanks to all members for their valuable posts regarding the bolero.

Nice looking ride. Hope that is a four wheel drive model.
Old 7th March 2016, 04:20   #763
BHPian

Unfortunately no..it's a 2 wheel drive.
Old 7th June 2016, 17:36   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Bolero facelift test mule spotted.

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-rearview74080.jpg

In terms of upgrades in the facelift model, it is expected to be restricted to only cosmetic upgrades while mechanically it might continue to be powered by existing engine options.

Quote:
the Bolero facelift is expected to sport a smaller tailgate handle, amber coloured tail lamps and mildly tweaked bumper design. The front is not expected to get major upgrades and might be mildly tweaked for freshness. Though the interior could not be clicked for now, it is believed that the upcoming model will get new feature upgrades and a re-finished dashboard. The inside will also sport new upholstery and offer improved spacing than its predecessors.
India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-leftsideview74079.jpg

http://www.carwale.com/news/exclusiv...spotted-23681/

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th June 2016 at 17:39.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 15:42   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Bolero facelift test mule spotted.
It looks exactly the same as the earlier version.
On a side note, they could have tried to improve the NVH of the engine a bit.

Also, is there any plan of down sizing the 2.5 Litre mill to under 2 Litre?

Last edited by abhishek46 : 9th June 2016 at 15:44. Reason: added comment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks