Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of these you'll consider to fill fuel for your car?
Shell premium 105 26.92%
HP 83 21.28%
IOC 107 27.44%
BP 55 14.10%
Reliance 18 4.62%
Speed 19 4.87%
Others 3 0.77%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know that Shell normal is on the way out. I used to fill up my Fiesta with Shell ordinary because it was 91 octane, and it matched with the recommendation of Ford.
Looks likeI now need to search for IOC that sells 91 octane petrol (bs-3) in Hyderabad.
Any clues if FullMoon or the IOC bunk near HPS offers bs-3 petrol?
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:29   #32
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Shell is definitely going to take a beating now. Almost all members here seem to have made up their minds to move to other brands of fuel.

Quite a stark contrast to the reactions when they hiked prices by Rs.0.80 sometime back.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks likeI now need to search for IOC that sells 91 octane petrol (bs-3) in Hyderabad.
Hyderabad is definitely Euro/Bharat III. So all petrol irrespective of whether it is premium or not will be at least 91ON.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:59   #34
BHPian

I have decided to try the BP bunk opp. to Manipal hospital. But my previous experience with them was not so great. If i couldnt find any improvments i won't mind switching back to shell even if they have only shell super. Infact i used to fill shell super till 2006 dec. and then i switched to Shell normal as i couldnt find any difference in FE. But there is a noticeble difference in the pick up and engine noice.
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

I would go for IOC fuel mixed with Iftex SystemG. But that would be the last option.
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:17   #36
BHPian

I prefer IOC and have been using it for more than 2 years. A slight improvement in performance and no improvment in FE but I also found Reliance to be as good, only drawback is its price too high. So I really do not understand the logic, why would one go for Reliance at higher price, when you others like BP, IOC etc available at normal rates
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:29   #37
BHPian

reliance diesel only.. even though other options are available at a lower price i don't understand why I am always keen on buying reliance D (trust factor) even though its a bit more expensive. Haven't compared the FE but my indigo performs better and hasn't broken down since i used reliance (touchwood) and about the magnum its just reliance from day 1

petrol - not specific
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:35   #38
BHPian

I did try shell. but stick to IOC Regular mostly. Once in a couple of months I check out the IOC Extra Premium too.
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:29   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Of late, I have pretty happy with Indian Oil and have all my cars filled up at an IOC pump close to home. Never a glitch in quality.

Second choice would be Reliance.
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have been filling in the IOC since past month just because i am getting a fuel discount of 10% on my credit card...

and this is what i have noticed,

hardly any difference between the Shell normal fuel and also HP normal. my car behaves exactly the same way with all of these fuels

I personally feel that if the fuel quality is good, its all the same. unfortunately except Shell, others have failed in gaining trust of the users..

so my belief , if its a reputed petrol pump in your city, it doesnt matter if its HP or IOC or Shell.. as it is reputed for its fuel quality and quantity
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Iand this is what i have noticed,
hardly any difference between the Shell normal fuel and also HP normal. my car behaves exactly the same way with all of these fuels
I share the very same experience. Its a matter of finding a bunk which you can come to trust, which was an easy job when one was dealing with Shell.
Old 5th January 2008, 23:16   #42

Yeah guys,

I was a regular customer of HP but after experincing the service of "Shell Petrol Station"... Now, I am a regular customer of Shell no matter what is there price. I will never get the confidence in any other petrol station.

I love my vehicle and i wish to give the best fuel for my vehicle.
Old 5th January 2008, 23:32   #43

Yeah, Even i had the doubt about the octane and enquire with shell guys

cheers: Yeah, Even i had the doubt about the octane and enquired in a shell petrol station. They explained me clearly that both shell normal and permium have same 91 octane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sad to know that Shell normal is on the way out. I used to fill up my Fiesta with Shell ordinary because it was 91 octane, and it matched with the recommendation of Ford.
Old 6th January 2008, 00:13   #44
BHPian

I checked with another mechanic today, was advised against premium fuels. Instead of helping they may actually damage the engine. So will be sticking to IOC Regular mostly.
Old 6th January 2008, 00:45   #45
dot
Senior - BHPian

As far as I understand, using lower octane rated fuel than what is recommended causes knocking which manifests in poor performance. Using higher octane rated fuel is usually a waste of money along with boost of ego.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks