Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 18:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Let's Wind up and start thinking from scratch... What the Hell GM People are celebrating... Hmm.. is it 100th SRV Sold or GM trying to sell 100th SRV

Cheers

Or probably the last production car lying around since ages in the warehouse....
Old 7th December 2007, 18:05   #77
BHPian

What GM should do is sell the SRV with the rotary supercharger, just like the one that was done in Pune (there's some other thread in the forum about this). Then it would be a killer at that price.
Old 7th December 2007, 18:26   #78
BANNED

Foremost they should change the SRV site to reflect something related to automobile. As of now it looks a Page3 site SRV Chill Zone

Last edited by diabloo : 7th December 2007 at 18:27.
Old 7th December 2007, 18:42   #79
BHPian

Hey guys, now this is news to me. Just checked the website and clicked on a link. It says the SRV diesel is already on sale with an on road price of 8,10,000. The site shows the specs too. Here it is.

http://2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carsco...ch/dispatch.do
Old 7th December 2007, 19:49   #80
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Foremost they should change the SRV site to reflect something related to automobile. As of now it looks a Page3 site SRV Chill Zone

Look! Its all company's strategy of selling goods. Its good that you dont work for Honda else who knows what the ugly duckling would have sold till now.

Its not only upon looks that a car is measured. Other parameters are taken into account too.

OT: My dad had to make a choice between the Honda City & Chevy Aveo. We chose the Aveo bcoz:
1. The Honda dealer was too snobish. Give a damn to him.
2. The Car's power is nothing to write abt.
3. If u wanna compare low end torque, i must tell you i dnt drive, i fly!!!

So what, if the Aveo doesn't sell, i m happy & so r the other fellows!

Back to the Topic: The SRV is a nice car shellin ab 9kmpl in city. but ya, ppl hv diff perception even i wudn't hv purchased the car at that price, but now its really tempting!!
Old 7th December 2007, 20:43   #81
Team-BHP Support

Not again! They are fooling people again and again with that stupid page. I was a fool once when i saw this announced, told it to all my friends, and finally had to hide my face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hey guys, now this is news to me. Just checked the website and clicked on a link. It says the SRV diesel is already on sale with an on road price of 8,10,000. The site shows the specs too. Here it is.

http://2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carsco...ch/dispatch.do
adman77,

this has been discussed before also in seperate thread for this link. And also in this thread- 3rd page. The website has this written below, which spoils all the excitement!
Quote:
The information and contents on this website are for research and survey purposes only and do not represent an offer to sell.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2007 at 20:46.
Old 7th December 2007, 21:00   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
SRV is a performance hatch, for a select few passionate for driving & care a hoot for FE etc.
Didnt suceed in India coz it was highly overpriced, whereas Palio 1.6 with a price tag of 4.5 - 5 lacs was good enough for those driving geeks.
May be- that explains why it set sales charts on fire! Both the performance hatches are struggling. Difference being SRV- has been given death sentence and Palio- life imprisonment (by the Indian public).

Indians associate hatches with low price tags and high FE. Something Maruti/ Hyundai delivers. GM, after Opel, has earned a name for high maintainence and low FE. Thats why even good cars like Spark are struggling against not-so-good competition.

I dont think we have discussed SRV interiors yet! Compared to the Optra, SRV has very dull interiors, dont you think?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2007 at 21:01.
Old 7th December 2007, 22:08   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I dont think we have discussed SRV interiors yet! Compared to the Optra, SRV has very dull interiors, dont you think?
With tan leather interior and my 1.8, I'll go for a black one. May be I need to steal/beg/borrow.

But alas, they've stopped 1.8.
Old 7th December 2007, 22:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

What I get from this thread.

Performance and pleasure wise the Palio 1.6 Stile gives more bang at a much lower price.

As a better overall car its the NHC with H reliability and support alongwith the refined and economic engine to satisfy more owners.

The only things going for the SRV is ride and the "turning-heads" factor. But then, who needs heads to turn? I guess, many do.

Last edited by 1100D : 7th December 2007 at 22:41.
Old 7th December 2007, 22:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man I dont know what the hell is NHC doing here. And talking about drifting cars how many of us do it in our daily use?? Do we always "rally" with our cars? More powerful- No wonder Rest of the gallardo' owners sold and bought the SRV That mind blowing 100 horses are coming from a 1.6l engine right? What do you have to say about the V-tec then? Man when you are talking about the practicality and comparing these cars then how practical is it to drift cars in your day to day use?Last but not the least you r only camparing these 2 cars when you r talking about srv's power its nothing great with respect to fiesta 1.6, verna, and there are other option also if you really hate the NHC. But the NHC I-DSI is designed to give a better mileage and it does so with good driveble power in the city Hence the name "city". When you want power then you have other option in the segment to overlook SRV. But when you want mileage and peace of mind NHC is the only option right now.
By drifting i mean to say, how FTD the car is. And i never spoke about the Vtec, its a different ball game altogether since its priced much higher and at that price you can get a Magnum which will run circles around the Vtec. Infact the Magnum is the 2nd fastest production vehicle this side of 10Lacs, first being the vRS. I didnot get Fiesta, Verna in the picture cause all of them are 100 horses just like the SRV, but the NHC(non-Vtec) is just a small sized moped engine producing 77bhp

Quote:
You don't like NHC because it doesn't rattle & you will miss your daily dose of music
Atleast i accpet the faults in my car, rather then behaving obssessed with it. High time you also expect that NHC is not the best car build ever in this universe.

Quote:
SRV has more room because its a hatch - from dash to the 5th door it is open.
Fit & finish - SRV might be good but NHC is better.
Performance - SRV might be 1 second ahead in a 0~100 dash. Mind you, its a 1.6 engine.
Badge - Honda has built the reputation & are maintaining it. You pick the more reliable one: SRV's engine or NHC's engine.
What logic is that. So a Swift has more legroom then the NHC, oh cause its a hatchback. BTW NHC is also a hatch with a boot, just open the boot and you will see a cross bar, a very highly risky proposition in a rear end collision. Badge honda has it covered but fit and finish of Honda's is becoming tacky, i had a NHC before i can tell you. SRV is more then 2 seconds faster to 100.

Quote:
SRV is not american, but General Motors is. I prefer Japanese/ Korean companies than American.
How does it matter who is the parent company. Would you buy Optra/SRV if it was sold by Daewoo, most wouldnot.

Quote:
Forget NHC, Palio 1.6 is a better buy than SRV. So people who want to buy SRV for performance end up buying Palio 1.6.
Certainly Palio is a fantastic car, the pedals, the engine and the noise is fantastic.

Quote:
What do you want us to do ? Sell our NHC`s and buy a swift/baleno/palio etc ?
Will that make you happy
Dont get me wrong faithless, but i dont want you to sell your NHC, its a nice car, but its just diabloo who thinks its the perfect car, wheras its not. If other cars are better, just accept it, but diabloo doesnot seem to understand.

Quote:
Engine has different specs, length (SRV is 25cm shorter), width are different, suspension is different, tell me what else is common?
Engine is same with a bit of tweaking, width is same, suspension is same, Where do you get your data from?

Sorry Mods for going OT, just could not resist.

Also the main reason why a person would buy it is, i mean just look at it. Its like why a person buys a Aston Martin. The way it looks and the way it sounds. Just look at the SRV.

Old 7th December 2007, 22:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Also the main reason why a person would buy it is, i mean just look at it. Its like why a person buys a Aston Martin. The way it looks and the way it sounds. Just look at the SRV.
Oh God, if only it looked as good in real life. We see a couple of Suzuki Renos here which look too ordinary seen beside Civic Si, Golf GTi etc (Yes different segments in India). But Honestly SRV is one of the best looking cars in the country. In anycase i guess Grande Punto/Linea is going to set new visual benchmarks.
Old 7th December 2007, 23:36   #87
BANNED

Now, Aveo 1.4 vs NHC
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
Forget cars, apply for pilot license - you can fly.
Quote:
Some more SRV pics:

The famed rear

SRV is quite a long hatch. So the cabin space extends from front dash to rear window. This gives the impression of being roomy, like an Estate car. For sedans, the rear window ends at C-pillar and the boot extends beyound that. So the cabin space is less than that of an Estate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
What logic is that. So a Swift has more legroom then the NHC, oh cause its a hatchback.
SRV interiors look dull & gloomy.
Quote:

Last edited by diabloo : 7th December 2007 at 23:45.
Old 7th December 2007, 23:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post

So what, if the Aveo doesn't sell, i m happy & so r the other fellows!

Back to the Topic: The SRV is a nice car shellin ab 9kmpl in city. but ya, ppl hv diff perception even i wudn't hv purchased the car at that price, but now its really tempting!!
How exactly do you fly with low end torque? Enlighten me!

PS: Please don't use SMS lingo.
Old 7th December 2007, 23:44   #89
BHPian

[quote=BUSA;650510]By drifting i mean to say, how FTD the car is. And i never spoke about the Vtec, its a different ball game altogether since its priced much higher and at that price you can get a Magnum which will run circles around the Vtec. Infact the Magnum is the 2nd fastest production vehicle this side of 10Lacs, first being the vRS. I didnot get Fiesta, Verna in the picture cause all of them are 100 horses just like the SRV, but the NHC(non-Vtec) is just a small sized moped engine producing 77bhp

Who said the V-tec costs 10lacs? Its just around 9lacs here in goa.And I only brought in the v-tec cause you were justifying youself for people to buy SRV terming ita "POWERFUL CAR". Mind you honda has option if you want mileage buy the i-DSI,If you want performance then there is the V-tec which is far ahead in technolgy then the SRV And still returns to give good mileage blended with performance. Do you get both of these things in the SRV? And good things mind friend do not come cheap And so the city outsells the SRV. Oh so now you started comparing diesel and petrol cars? So much to do for hatred? Go on then compare a 2l engine with a 1.5l engine and 2nd fastest production car? Need to do some research now. Till then.
Old 7th December 2007, 23:52   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
How exactly do you fly with low end torque? Enlighten me!

PS: Please don't use SMS lingo.
He means he is comparing it with a helicoptor can just take of from standstill
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks