1984 Japanese Maruti 800 (SS 80) - Bangalore - Cars
Old 15th March 2012, 21:14   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
SS80 for sale in bangalore at reasonable quote
1984 Japanese Maruti 800 (SS 80) - Bangalore - Cars
Reasonable if it were a DX! But this looks like a Standard model.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:25   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Reasonable if it were a DX! But this looks like a Standard model.
Stanher,
I agree, but the issue is people have realised it's value and are quoting exorbitant prices. (especially in Bangalore)
I know of one person who quoted 2L for a well maintained white car.
Another dealer quoted 1L for another car, about 3 months back.

Honestly, if someone picks up this car for 40-42k, I think it's a decent buy.
Old 20th March 2012, 18:23   #1324
Senior - BHPian

an ss80 dx for sale in PUNE
Maruti 800 : MGG 800 - Pune - Cars
Old 13th April 2012, 07:35   #1325
BHPian

Took my SS80 on a relatively long drive. Was forced to, since an imminent job transfer forced me to sell my primary car.

To cochin and back distance 431kms.

Though for such a car mileage is not really a concern. I was pleasantly surprised by the 19.8kmpl it returned. with 70%ac.
The car performed really well. My mother accompanied me for the drive. She felt quite ok with the drive.

Apart from the tiny dimensions and slightly tight fit interiors the car performed really well. The car stays planted despite it being feather-light. And the NVH levels at speeds is very acceptable. Only thing that bothered me was the imbalance of front wheels. Which was corrected in cochin itself.

The A/c is quite powerful but rear seat reach is not great. Good Blower but the vents are low(only middle vents)

It wasnt tough at all keeping pace with other cars on the road. Cruising at 70-80 was a breeze. Occasional triple digit stretches however were bit strained. Car has now done nearly 31500lms. thats 4000kms in 3 years of ownership..
One irritation was the wiper mechanism. Which was quite slow.

But i really enjoyed the drive. Probably the longest ever in the cars 27 year old life.
Old 16th April 2012, 20:08   #1326
BHPian

guys... finally putting my SS80 for sale after buckling to the pressure from family.. heres a link to my ad posted

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/17017/
Old 21st April 2012, 10:26   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post
guys... finally putting my SS80 for sale after buckling to the pressure from family.. heres a link to my ad posted

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/17017/
Sad that you have to sell the car! But yes, that's family obligation!
Old 21st May 2012, 21:29   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Spoke to the owner. He has been using it regularly and it's mechanically good. He also mentions the car has Suzuki certified A/C as well.

Do you think it has got the original paint?
I know 30k is the right price for this car, but too bad prices in Bangalore have sky rocketed.
My mechanic also has found another car that is being quoted at 80k. (I am yet to see that car)

Edit -
Also,
The same car seems to have changed hands sometime back in 2009.
Below is a post of the same in page 11 of this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s80-dx-11.html
Since I'm also looking for a SS80, I recently did a test drive of this car.. The car is completely rusted in many areas.The owner was asking around 60K now, but its worth less than 30K now..

Whoever buys it, need to do lot of work in it..
Old 9th June 2012, 21:24   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, just rescued an SS80 from almost hitting the scrappers. A dear friend had bought it for a princely sum just a few months ago for his daughter but im guessing she didnt take quite kindly to the car. This is a one owner Doctor's car which my friend gave to some mechanic for cleaning, tuning and also maybe touching up. That guy just screwed it up so bad that the daughter refused to sit in it. Then to add to that the society guys started to throw tantrums and he had to get rid of it else park it outside the compound and face almost certain vandalism.

Guess what, i picked it up.

Here are the pics and i need to get this done asap. Ive spent already on tuning it, getting the brakes in order, getting the bonnet fixed, it could be detached and re attached as per convenience getting the clutch plate etc in order, wheel bearings etc etc. So its pretty ship shape mechanically. Need all the garnishes one can get. The mechanic whom my friend had given it to, has almost vandalized it. It does not have an ac do its not a DX but now the blower motor, the wiper motor and all that you see in the pics is missing. She runs well though. Planning to first get her mechanically sound, getting it a/c-ed and after rains giving her a paint job. In the meanwhile where can i get the rubber seals and garnishes? Will a Maruti dealer be able to help?

Bought if for the number

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img01047201204261713.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-20120503007-small.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-20120503008-small.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-20120503009-small.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-20120503010-small.jpg
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 21:59   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on this lovely purchase Gogi ji, no doubt it look quite good considering it was originally doctor owned, (can see that original seat design still intact) though its sad to hear about the vandalism by that mechanic.Why do people do such things . Anyways i hope you get the AC & the required cosmetic parts fitted soon & enjoy the drives.

Any pointers on the price, I hope you didn't pay a princely sum for that reg no. though
BTW would love to see some more pics.

Last edited by samsag12 : 9th June 2012 at 22:05.
Old 9th June 2012, 22:18   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hi Guys, just rescued an SS80 from almost hitting the scrappers. That guy just screwed it up so bad that the daughter refused to sit in it. Then to add to that the society guys started to throw tantrums and he had to get rid of it else park it outside the compound and face almost certain vandalism.
Guess what, i picked it up.
Nice pick up congrats. You saved this beauty from two vandals first the car killing mechanic and then the car hating society blokes.

Quote:
Here are the pics... She runs well though. Planning to first get her mechanically sound, getting it a/c-ed and after rains
The car is cute and the interiors are in fine nick.Lucky you.
Old 9th June 2012, 22:23   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring a good SS80.The upholstry looks original.I wonder why the Seiko clock is missing in this DX model.
Old 10th June 2012, 08:14   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, just rescued an SS80 from almost hitting the scrappers.
It does not have an ac do its not a DX but now the blower motor, the wiper motor and all that you see in the pics is missing. She runs well though. Planning to first get her mechanically sound, getting it a/c-ed and after rains giving her a paint job.

Bought if for the number
Congrats gogi! So here are the pics. of your SS80, should've struck me when I asked you in the pm!

Car looks pretty good in the pics., any of the front etc.? Does it have the original grille?

It does look buggered up! but luckily it will see better days now!

This car is indeed not a DX but a Standard model, not just going by the lack of AC. but also the blanking plate on the dash where the clock would come in the DX.

Do be careful about fitting an AC in this car though, as per many in this thread, fitting an aftermarket AC opens up a Pandora's box in an SS80!
The original factory AC that came in the DX would most likely no longer be available now.

BTW, um, pardon my ignorance- I didnt get whats with the number?? Normally a number like this would be quite popular in Hyderabad (because of the first 3 digits! )
Old 12th June 2012, 15:24   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congratulations on acquiring a good SS80.The upholstry looks original.I wonder why the Seiko clock is missing in this DX model.
This is not a DX Ram, owing to its non ac avatar and the missing clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Car looks pretty good in the pics., any of the front etc.? Does it have the original grille?
Yes, thankfully the Original Grille is intact

Quote:
It does look buggered up! but luckily it will see better days now!
Hopefully, and with your and all other SS80 enthusiasts help.

Quote:
Do be careful about fitting an AC in this car though, as per many in this thread, fitting an aftermarket AC opens up a Pandora's box in an SS80!
The original factory AC that came in the DX would most likely no longer be available now.
Please let me know what these problems are as i am unaware of them. Also my ac guy is more enthusiastic than me to get the right stuff in here. We will be putting a smaller, similar capacity ac if the origional cant be sourced.

Quote:
BTW, um, pardon my ignorance- I didnt get whats with the number?? Normally a number like this would be quite popular in Hyderabad (because of the first 3 digits! )
786....the revered digits. People would pay anywhere, a huge amount to get these three numbers incorporated in this sequence in their number plates.

Please let me know what are the original spec tyres on this? Radial i presume. Do we get ones with thin whitewalls?
What do i need to check?
What are the gremlins on this model?
Where do i get the owner's and Service manual of this vehicle?
Where do i get the decorative parts and other stuff for this car?
Old 12th June 2012, 19:31   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where do i get the owner's and Service manual of this vehicle?
Where do i get the decorative parts and other stuff for this car?
I have a soft copy of the Suzuki Hatch 800cc service manual, do let me know if thats of any interest to you.
For spares, apart from light fittings, there's only one source for parts, the scrap market a.k.a. Chor bazaar

Last edited by samsag12 : 12th June 2012 at 19:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks