Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 23:02   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
it is a well maintained car ,by the way did u get the stanley sealed beams ?
Nope, my friend had stocked his old sealed beams but when enquired seems his mom had thrown it away as it was occupying space (thinking it was old and useless)

BTW . Record sale, Got call within 10 mins of posting and within 3 hours its out of my garage.
Old 8th November 2009, 23:53   #692
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Yes Indrojit sir, You are right in pointing that out. it could be a blown gasket that can cause oil and coolant mixing.

But just for argument sake there is also a possibility of crack in cylinder head that can also cause the same issue.
To my knowledge it's an usual issue with much used SS80s, and it's always the head gasket.

Is it solvable? Yes.

Would it stay that way? Depends, if your old engine has a tendency to overheat, this gasket will leak again.
Old 9th November 2009, 02:01   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
Nope, my friend had stocked his old sealed beams but when enquired seems his mom had thrown it away as it was occupying space (thinking it was old and useless)

BTW . Record sale, Got call within 10 mins of posting and within 3 hours its out of my garage.
Hey Kiran,

Thanks for waiting for me..
Will look after your beauty..(now my beauty) as you had maintained it.

BTW can you help me find the stanley sealed beams ?

Thx
Nithin
Old 10th November 2009, 01:08   #694
BHPian

Dear Nithin,
Congrats on your new buy!

Gorgeous car you have got there. Most of the things are intact.

Even the hard to find sealed beams. Just try to find the full amber Turn Indicator Lens for the front bumpers. If OE tokkaidenso is not available try Lumax. Similiar lens is available in the new Omni.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:21   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post

that proves the demand of good ORIGINAL SS80 cars
Old 10th November 2009, 17:48   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Nithin,

Even the hard to find sealed beams. Just try to find the full amber Turn Indicator Lens for the front bumpers. If OE tokkaidenso is not available try Lumax. Similiar lens is available in the new Omni.
new Tokai denso lenses are more difficult to source than STANLEY sealed beams especially the amber park/turn signal lens.
also the new omni park lenses are of slightly different shade/size??
Old 10th November 2009, 18:05   #697
BHPian

suzuki ss80

hi has any one seen suzuki ss80 1979 model japnese model dx had beige interior ,folding seats rear,different design dashboard and handel bar on handel bar written suzuki.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:12   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Hey Kiran,

Thanks for waiting for me..
Will look after your beauty..(now my beauty) as you had maintained it.

BTW can you help me find the stanley sealed beams ?

Thx
Nithin
Congrats Nithin on joining the club ! Are you already making plans of taking this beauty on a trip to Kannur too ?
Old 10th November 2009, 18:48   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambrttacollect View Post
hi has any one seen suzuki ss80 1979 model japnese model dx had beige interior ,folding seats rear,different design dashboard and handel bar on handel bar written suzuki.
you are talking about the european ss80 photos of which are there already in this thread
Old 10th November 2009, 19:02   #700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a fellow TBHpian who is a MARUTI SUZUKI executive since 2005(not dealer employee)and is a TBhpian did research on this and has told that since 1986 beginning there used to be a 800 version nomeclatured as Semi Deluxe and it was known like that till 1990 march when the DX version was stopped,from then only the a/c cars was called A/CTG.
Believe it or not,there are 2 semi deluxe carsSS80 in Trivandrum- first one a blue shade car single owned by a MAJOR and the second one a green(the same SB308 green shade) both doesnt have clock,stereo,antenna,leather seats etc.
I have personally talked to the MAJOR and he confirmed that the car came with company A/C and has the TEMPALEX tinted glasses.
For the doubting guys,I have requested the Maruti TBhpian to collect documentary proof if possible so that this issue can be settled once and for all
My memory is not very clean on this, but i think this was the case! my neighbor had a white one which was semi deluxe, which had only AC rest was added on later. Where as his younger bro bought the deluxe fully loaded version.

We had also booked on the same day but since delivery was close to an year away, we opted for the van.

All this was in TVM only 85-86 time delivered from Popular.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:10   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
My memory is not very clean on this, but i think this was the case! my neighbor had a white one which was semi deluxe, which had only AC rest was added on later. Where as his younger bro bought the deluxe fully loaded version.

We had also booked on the same day but since delivery was close to an year away, we opted for the van.

Thanks for the info JAGGU Bhai,
do you remember the Reg no of the car?
Actually in 1985 there was a scheme for NRI's wherein if you paid in foreign Currency you could get cars much faster(some quota system) .
I think the deluxe was available for about Rs.94000/-in 1985 December.
and the Semi Deluxe for 76000/-or so. the figures are not exact .

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2009 at 10:40. Reason: Fixing Quotes
Old 11th November 2009, 00:15   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Nithin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Congrats Nithin on joining the club ! Are you already making plans of taking this beauty on a trip to Kannur too ?

Thank you all for the wishes.

I will be looking at getting the mechanical issues sorted out before the cosmetic parts.

Kannan, I have plans to take it to Kannur, but not until I get the papers transferred in my name and all the mechanical issues sorted out.

These are the few niggles I found out after driving the car for 150kms in the city.

1. Radiator has a small leak. which will be fixed tomorrow.
2. The car vibrates a lot in idle run. Found that the silencer bushes and radiator bracket are the culprits. will be taken care of while fixing the radiator.
3. Rear brake pads and cylinder to be checked/rectified/replaced.
4. Right side running board has some rusting inside the paint. Have to get it fixed to avoid further damage. Also planning for underbody anti rust treatment after that.
5. The front right tube was weak and was loosing air slowly. Replaced with a new tube today. and got the wheel alignment done. Now the steering is smoother than before.
6. The starter and the alternator needs to be serviced. Will be taking it to Lucas for the same.
7. The electrical needs to be checked and re-done inside the engine bay. Find lot of wires uninsulated. This will be done with the alternator service.

All other required parts will be sourced as and when available or I have money to buy .

Thanks
Nithin

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 11th November 2009 at 00:24.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:40   #703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Thanks for the info JAGGU Bhai,
do you remember the Reg no of the car?
Actually in 1985 there was a scheme for NRI's wherein if you paid in foreign Currency you could get cars much faster(some quota system) .
I think the deluxe was available for about Rs.94000/-in 1985 December.
and the Semi Deluxe for 76000/-or so. the figures are not exact .
Am real bad with names and numbers, It would be KBT and KBV. The brown 800 i think is still with his younger bro. Its a KBV reg.

Our van was KBT 5650

EDIT all were KBT reg, KBV was the new model which my uncles bought

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2009 at 10:42.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:44   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Okay, I'll say this one more time. There is NO such thing as an SS80 Semi Deluxe! Its either DX or STD!!
No JayD Iam sure there was a model called Semi deluxe. Infact I remember my neighbour had one red SS80 with the regn no TME 4723. It had tinted glasses and a/c only with the standard car seats. I am sure of this because our first SS80DX was bought at the same time. Also all the 3 cars that they owned at that time are etched in my memory because one was a Standard Herald (silver colour TNJ 1) , the second was a Dolphin Estate model ( Cream colour XXX 3723) and ofcourse the SS80 - all highly collectible cars today .
Old 11th November 2009, 14:21   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
No JayD Iam sure there was a model called Semi deluxe. Infact I remember my neighbour had one red SS80 with the regn no TME 4723. It had tinted glasses and a/c only with the standard car seats. I am sure of this because our first SS80DX was bought at the same time. Also all the 3 cars that they owned at that time are etched in my memory because one was a Standard Herald (silver colour TNJ 1) , the second was a Dolphin Estate model ( Cream colour XXX 3723) and ofcourse the SS80 - all highly collectible cars today .

if only our indian manufacturers had the habit of preserving data like that of german manufacturers like VW,MERCEDES etc,things would have been much easier when such doubts arise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks