Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2007, 20:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

Read through the whole thread. So what have you guys decided ? Had enough ?
Old 24th October 2007, 20:26   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I don't believe all the anti-Hyundai hype that is floating around, probably created by its (established) competitors who fear a loss of their own market.
And the other side is of Hyundai owners trying to defend their pride.
Old 24th October 2007, 20:29   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@max - Baleno is also bigger and more comfortable and much better VFM than the Accent. Not to mention more FE as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
also the balenos ac which is awesome.
Bhhayo or behanom Please see whats highlighted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Accent :
+
  • Well proprtioned in looks
  • Better looking dashboard
Baleno
+
  • Engine that doesnt feel stressed at higher RPM
  • Better handler
Apart from these there are many but I really dont think the comments posted by many are rational and clearly both are not hardcore driving machines either . .
Old 25th October 2007, 00:22   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And I do know my tyres & wheels pretty well.
And you are hereby officially awarded the Team-BHP tyre wallah of the year award, take a bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Believe it. I've owned the lot, and a Hyundai with 103 bhp will be slower than a Suzuki with 94 bhp.
And a suzuki with much lesser BHP as well, and i am not saying this without a hint.
Old 25th October 2007, 02:36   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
That is even more exciting, isn't it ? Not knowing when the axle decides to detach itself from the car.
Not only axles i am hearing even clutch plates, pressure plates and bearings going down on cars done less that 10k KM.

and coming back to topic IMHO Baleno wins here though accent is just 1 step away from beating baleno.
Old 25th October 2007, 04:00   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Baleno wins here though accent is just 1 step away from beating baleno.
Absolutely correct, however there are a lot of baby steps in between.
Old 25th October 2007, 09:46   #142
BHPian

I dont get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Few difference bet. Accent GTX and Accent GLS. Slight difference in the engines, gearbox, stock tyres (wider than gtx).
May i know what is the difference in the Engine? I thought it was the same. Can someone please highlight if there is a diffrence between GTX & GLS engine specs?

Gear box ratios are different?

I am using 195 Turanzas (not stock).

Last edited by redrage : 25th October 2007 at 09:47.
Old 25th October 2007, 10:35   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
We may be getting OT here, but .. Skoda?
Okay, I am going over the top. Please fight for "Built like a tank" phrase with FIAT folks. Would be awarded to the winner. You see, we don't have budget to maintain two "Tanks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
white_knight where did you get the mal-nutritioned funda from .
From TBHP only. I should give credit where it is due.
Also, after a short drive on Verna CRDI and Elantra CRDI, I would rather change the phrase to Korean "petrol" horses. Btw, Driving Verna was really like driving a wild horse- the stallion goes where it wishes, not where I want it to. Also, anywhere less than a perfect-laid road, it swings its back up 'n' down'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
May i know what is the difference in the Engine? I thought it was the same. Can someone please highlight if there is a diffrence between GTX & GLS engine specs?
Only difference I remember was the suspension setup. GTX Tornado was having stiffer setup compared to the rest of Accents (Remember reading it in some Autocar issue in ~2001, as my friend picked up GTX at that time)
Old 25th October 2007, 10:52   #144
BHPian

hey guys,i came across this thread only now, dont know how i missed it, but cant comment on the issue because each cars has got its ups and downs.other than anything else the comment by sivadas on the 1st page is one of the funniest i've ever read in teambhp.cheers dude.
Old 25th October 2007, 13:54   #145
BHPian

the real difference is

Quote:

I am using 195 Turanzas (not stock).
The real difference is

1.6 beats Baleno and 1.5 does not . I am not reading THP for a few more days for the fear of being flamed.
Old 25th October 2007, 14:41   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
The real difference is

1.6 beats Baleno and 1.5 does not
Well i would be more careful claiming that, because in a straight line in a long run ,a very long one, It "may" be true, but as i have mentioned the free rev-vability and willingness to push the car hard the baleno is indeed the choice.

I would like to say this and very clearly to my fellow 1.6 GTX/GLS owners. Witnessing @ speedruns, highways, street runs. Accent 1.6 shouldnt be driven "drag racing" hard and pitted against Baleno's. The nature of both the engines are very different.

I have an accent 1.6 Gtx with Free flow exhaust, K&N , Irridium plugs, synthetics,Turanza's and the car runs like a gem. But i wouldnt race a chasing Baleno/city/etc.(read 1.5/1.6). Just for the fact that it should be driven the way it is meant to be- Leisurely, not raced

P.S - Mods, the threadlength has reached 6500 Rpm
Old 25th October 2007, 14:59   #147
BHPian

you did not see the smilie !

Quote:
Well i would be more careful claiming that, because in a straight line in a long run ,a very long one, It "may" be true, but as i have mentioned the free rev-vability and willingness to push the car hard the baleno is indeed the choice.

I would like to say this and very clearly to my fellow 1.6 GTX/GLS owners. Witnessing @ speedruns, highways, street runs. Accent 1.6 shouldnt be driven "drag racing" hard and pitted against Baleno's. The nature of both the engines are very different.

I have an accent 1.6 Gtx with Free flow exhaust, K&N , Irridium plugs, synthetics,Turanza's and the car runs like a gem. But i wouldnt race a chasing Baleno/city/etc.(read 1.5/1.6). Just for the fact that it should be driven the way it is meant to be- Leisurely, not raced

P.S - Mods, the threadlength has reached 6500 Rpm
Did you see a smilie next to my post , I was hoping to bring the rpm down a lil bit with that post.

My personal driving experience of driving accent was limited to a test drive during purchase in late 2004. The reason I did not zero in on it is for the exact same reason you mentioned. I felt it is a very good passenger's car from response perspective, no experience with 1.6L engine.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

Was the Accent 1.6 a limited edition? If yes, then there is little we can prove by comparing a limited edition to a Baleno. Just my opinion.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:36   #149
BHPian

And HYUNDAI LOVER seems to have disappeared.....The layman has triggered an unnecessary 147+ posts thread.Maybe we broke the lovers heart..i guess we can put an end to the thread now..& I Love The Accent 1.6
Old 25th October 2007, 15:38   #150
Senior - BHPian

Nah Raghu !! The 1.6 never had a Limited Edition as far as I know. Only the Tornado - But that was only cosmetics. There was always only one 1.6 engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed