Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2010, 13:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
This is probably the best thread for this question. I sold my car last year and didn't use the no claim bonus on the new one. My new car is up for insurance renewal and I need a copy of the old car's RC book saying that transfer has actually happened. I am not able to contact the new owner and was wondering if the RTO would help me get a xerox of the old car's RC book.
In RTO office, there is a facility to get the "RC PARTICULARS'. They charge Rs. 50 or so. You can approach the RTO, pay the fees and give the registration number of the vehicle. They will officially give you the details of the vehicle's present ownership etc which can be used as a valid document in any transactions. But, they may take a few days to give you the details.

Another easy way is also there. I do not know which all states have implemented it. In kerala, the site MVDKerala - Home gives you all details. You may try this as an exercise. Then find out whether similar site exists in your state also.

visit the site MVDKerala - Home
On the left side menu "Information Services", click on "Vehicle Details".
Now, you enter the vehicle registration number and get all details.
Eg. I am K. Mohanan. The registration number of my maruti 800 was KL-07-AM-7071. I purchased the car from Mr. Mukunde Prasad. After using, I sold my maruti 800 to Mrs. Sophia Pandian. You can see the names and details of all three of us, if you click the 'history' keyword.

There may be similar sites for your state also.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2010, 13:49   #17
BHPian

Interesting information. Thanks! Let me see if I can find one for Karnataka.
Anyway, I'll need a copy of the RC book, just the ownership history will not do.
I wonder why Insurance companies can't maintain something like this in collaboration with RTOs. They always make life difficult for us!
Old 17th October 2010, 13:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Delivery Note should probably do.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:36   #19
BHPian

I have the delivery note. But the agency is insisting on a copy of the RC book reflecting the change in ownership. I found the website for Karnataka RTO. Transport Department
It is not as detailed as the one shared above for Kerala.
Old 19th October 2013, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Re: RC book question !!

[Mods saw similar threads , so posting in two threads]

Hi Guys ,

I had lost my original Registration Certificate of my bike in 2008 . Applied for a duplicate and managed to get a Duplicate RC. In 2010 I found my original RC in one of my old bags and was happy and kept it safe. I stopped using my bike since 2009 and was kept in my garage ever since . Recently I realized my bike is due for a re-registration and seeing its condition I am sure it will fail so decided to re-store my bike. Now here come the catch , I am not able to find my duplicate RC and I very well have my original safe with me. My question here is since I had applied for a duplicate RC would have my original RC been cancelled. I am really confused here whether to re-store my bike or not. Should I go to the RT office and report that I found my original one. Guys please do throw some light on this.
Old 19th October 2013, 14:03   #21
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th November 2013 at 16:30.
rahulsnh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th October 2013, 17:22   #22
BHPian

The problem is when they issue you a new/duplicate RC it is clearly mentioned that this is a duplicate for the original RC and the RTO has records of it with them. So they might just ask you where is the duplicate they issued. We have a Contessa with the same problem but just that we have the original and the duplicate with us ;-).

I think the best is to go to your RTO and catch hold of one of these agents and just ask them the procedure.
av8er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:23   #23
BHPian

Thanks av8er , should we report the original to RTO if found ?
Old 10th November 2013, 12:20   #24
BHPian

The way, I see it is that not reporting is not going to help. But yes, find out facts and procedures at RTO by talking to those agents. Agents usually dish out info in hope of getting the business. Also, it is good idea to cross check the info from one agent with another. Approach every agent as if he is the first one you're approaching.
Old 10th November 2013, 13:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone elaborate on the procedure of an RC transfer? My dad expired a year back and I was looking to transfer his car in my name. All this while I was waiting for the legal heir certificate, and after I received it, I applied for a transfer a few days back. Paid the fees, submitted required papers, original RC etc. I was of the opinion they will send the new RC home by post but the RTO officials said I have to report to them after a month. Are there any more formalities after the submission of fees and required paperwork?
Old 12th November 2013, 12:08   #26
BHPian

I stay in Bangalore, Karnataka. Here the driving license and RC card issued in the form of smart cards. My DL was stolen from my bag and I had lodged a police complaint for the same. I approached the Yeshwanthpur RTO, Bangalore with all the documents and fees in order. I got my duplicate DL within 15 days. I noticed that at the bottom of the DL, it was clearly mentioned ***DUPLICATE*** After some time I again approached the RTO for getting a Class of Vehicle added. I had a DL for car earlier and wished to add motorcycle in it. The new DL was issued after 18 days. Again, it was mentioned at the bottom ***DUPLICATE*** I approached a Senior RTO Officer for clarification, he said, "Once a DL is lost, the new DL will always have ***DUPLICATE*** mentioned at the bottom. It will be permanently stored in the computer records that a duplicate DL was issued and the same cannot be removed from the computer records ever. Even if a new Class of Vehicle is added, the new DL will also have ***DUPLICATE*** written on it."

He further added,"The same applies for RC card. In case if the RC card is lost/stolen and a duplicate RC card is issued, it will always have ***DUPLICATE*** mentioned on it and it can never be removed."
bhasker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:16   #27
BHPian

My primary question was whether the original certificate would be void/cancelled after issuing the duplicate . Maybe I should approach an agent or an RTO for clarification. Hope original document will always be valued against duplicates .
Old 17th March 2014, 12:16   #28
BHPian

Do any one know how to get RC particulars from Delhi RTO. is it possible online ?

I am in kerala and in no position to travell to delhi for this purpose. my recent acquisition was registered in Tilak Marg RTO in 1968 and was transferred to kerala in 1983. but the RTO in kerala missed to write the year and month of manufacture . now for me to get it corrected , i need to produce the first registration RC particulars.

can any one help me to get it ? or guide me to a trustworthy RTO agent in Tilak Marg who can get it and send me ?
Old 4th February 2017, 18:46   #29
Lij
BHPian

Hi,

Hope this is the correct thread. I received my copy of the RC from Worli RTO (MH 03).

Needed clarification on a couple of points -
1. It is printed on a normal white sheet of paper and not a smart card nor on that blue striated paper with dot matrix print, though it has all details and on top is mentioned as form 23. Our Yamaha Ray Z RC which came in April 2016 was on that blue paper. Is this how it is issued currently?

2. The vehicle is Linea 125s, but it is mentioned for AC fitted as NO. The dealer said he'll get this checked but if this is inherent in the system for Linea cars then they cannot do anything. Anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks,
Lij

Last edited by Lij : 4th February 2017 at 18:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks